Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injuries-week 12
Andrei Iosivas says he is good to go for Sunday

Sam Hubbard is ignoring questions on that subject but looked to be rehabbing well last week

CTB is day-to-day with a bruised quad. He is unsure about Sunday's status

no word on Tee yet

Burrow of course is out

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
in Zac's presser he said that Tee has improved but it is too early to know about Sunday.

And that Joe will go on IR one day later this week.

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2023, 05:46 PM)pally Wrote: in Zac's presser he said that Tee has improved but it is too early to know about Sunday.

And that Joe will go on IR one day later this week.

I speculate Tee and his agent have entered business decision-making territory about whether it is best to suit up and play or stay healthy for offseason happenings.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2023, 05:59 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I speculate Tee and his agent have entered business decision-making territory about whether it is best to suit up and play or stay healthy for offseason happenings.

How long has Justin Jefferson been out with his hamstring injury?
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2023, 05:59 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I speculate Tee and his agent have entered business decision-making territory about whether it is best to suit up and play or stay healthy for offseason happenings.

That's a tough one.  I guess you hope any future team just writes this year off knowing what he has done previously.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote

There are seven weeks left to play. If Tee missed the rest of the season, that is a lot of time missed this season, and  I imagine it would make bargaining for a number-one receiver contract quite challenging. His agent will want huge, guaranteed dollars but he might find teams balking at making such a big investment if Tee seems to miss a of of time due to injury. He's missed games every year he has been in the league -- draftsharks.com rates his injury status as "very high risk" -- but this year would overshadow everything.  For his sake, I think he needs to suit up at some point this season and play. 
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2023, 06:37 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: How long has Justin Jefferson been out with his hamstring injury?

Jefferson was put on IR, so he'll miss a minimum of 4 weeks.  
Reply/Quote
At this point I really don't care how healthy the vets are.

I just hope Yoshi, Charlie Jones, Muprhy, and Chase Brown can all stay healthy and can get some more reps to show what they can do.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 10:56 AM)Whatever Wrote: Jefferson was put on IR, so he'll miss a minimum of 4 weeks.  

Jefferson was designated to return on Nov 8.  The Vikings have until the 29th to either activate him or revert him to IR

Justin Jefferson and Joe Burrow have the same agent

Reply/Quote
Higgins definitely having a disappointing season, and it will almost assuredly affect his next contract. It might be best for him to play on the tag (if offered) so he can try to have a rebound year.

Currently, only 328 yards in 7 games. With just 7 games left, he'd only hit 650 yards if he played every remaining game and maintained his 46.9 yard per game average.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 11:20 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Higgins definitely having a disappointing season, and it will almost assuredly affect his next contract. It might be best for him to play on the tag (if offered) so he can try to have a rebound year.

Currently, only 328 yards in 7 games. With just 7 games left, he'd only hit 650 yards if he played every remaining game and maintained his 46.9 yard per game average.

In a poll in The Athletic, NFL players responded to various questions.  Tee Higgins was voted the NFL's most underrated player

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 11:20 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Higgins definitely having a disappointing season, and it will almost assuredly affect his next contract. It might be best for him to play on the tag (if offered) so he can try to have a rebound year.

Do you think it will really influence whether teams offer him a big deal or not? The dude has talent and demonstrated success on the field. I was having the quick internal debate the other day when posting on here: Will Tee not being on the field much this year matter for his next contract?

I wouldn't be surprised with Burrow out if Tee is now, as guided by his agent, making a business decision to not play the rest of the year. I think some team will still offer him the money he wants. Talent is hard to acquire.
Reply/Quote
Perfect opportunity and year to tag and trade.
Reply/Quote

This will not affect his negotiations or trade value. Higgins has 50+ games of NFL tape to show what he does and doesn't do well. There's a reason teams like Panthers and Giants were calling about him before the deadline.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 11:26 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Do you think it will really influence whether teams offer him a big deal or not? The dude has talent and demonstrated success on the field. I was having the quick internal debate the other day when posting on here: Will Tee not being on the field much this year matter for his next contract?

I wouldn't be surprised with Burrow out if Tee is now, as guided by his agent, making a business decision to not play the rest of the year. I think some team will still offer him the money he wants. Talent is hard to acquire.

I guess I have a different view.
If Higgins can show out well with a QB other than Burrow, it could help his chances with other teams.
The reason being they will see Higgins doesn't need elite QB play in order to do well, and most other teams don't have a QB of Burrow's caliber.

Report is the Panthers offered a trade before the deadline this year, so I could see them going for Higgins in the offseason if Higgins isn't tagged.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 11:35 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I guess I have a different view.
If Higgins can show out well with a QB other than Burrow, it could help his chances with other teams.
The reason being they will see Higgins doesn't need elite QB play in order to do well, and most other teams don't have a QB of Burrow's caliber.

Report is the Panthers offered a trade before the deadline this year, so I could see them going for Higgins in the offseason if Higgins isn't tagged.

He's also 24 and should have many good seasons ahead of him. I could see a team like the Panthers offering him a big deal to give Bryce Young a nice WR1.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 11:40 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: He's also 24 and should have many good seasons ahead of him. I could see a team like the Panthers offering him a big deal to give Bryce Young a nice WR1.

True, but Panthers might end up getting Marvin Harrison Jr.

Would you rather pay Higgins $20+ mill APY or get potentially the best WR to come into the draft in years?

They will need a WR regardless though, as they really don't have much besides Thielen and Hurst after this season.
While Thielen is showing he can still produce at his age, he's not a WR1.

Maybe they'll shock everyone and sign Higgins but also draft MHJ, setting up an elite set of pass catchers.
They could sign Higgins to a 4-year deal, which would mean he would be gone by the time MHJ would get his veteran contract.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 12:35 PM)ochocincos Wrote: True, but Panthers might end up getting Marvin Harrison Jr.

Bears have their first round pick. They might end up with Marvin Harrison because of the Panthers. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 12:44 PM)Synric Wrote: Bears have their first round pick. They might end up with Marvin Harrison because of the Panthers. 

Oh. Well that's probably why they were pursuing Higgins then lol
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Tee + Harrison Jr. would give Bryce and the Panthers fanbase some excitement.

Anyhow, I'd like Tee to remain a Bengal but I just don't see him remaining on the roster because he'll get a bigger deal elsewhere.
Reply/Quote