Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injuries week 15
So what’s up with not making corresponding roster moves? Darius to IR and nothing. Now Reiff to IR and nothing. Are D’ante and Waynes ready to go?
Reply/Quote
Bad timing for the injuries but we can’t use them as an excuse. We were healthy most of the year and didn’t capitalize after a 5-2 start to build a cushion. The Browns entire team and head coach has Covid this week and Baltimore has a ton of injuries including Lamar Jackson. No excuses beat Denver.
Reply/Quote
We should have won a few of the games before the injuries hit. Maybe the Jets and Bears game.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Well if you're going to miss your CB1 Denver is a good team to do it against. Teddy only threw for 178 last week.

Reiff hurts, let's bring back Andre 350
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Zac said that he didn't activate Waynes last week because he would have been on a snap count and with Awuzie injuried didn't want to chance 2 limited CBs.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 10:25 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: D'Ante Smith is a guy I hope gets the start at RT if he is healthy.  The coaches loved him, and he has length unlike anyone on the team.  He also added the size and strength that were his biggest question marks.  

It would be a long shot to come in and be a solid RT in his rookie season coming off a bunch of injuries, but it would be huge for this team to find their RT of the future before the season ends.  

I can't help but think Carman should be given a shot here as well, unless they are 100% behind him as a future guard.  That guy is such a mystery.  Struggled early, which was understandable given his rookie status and a new position.  Had a game where he was the highest graded lineman.  Then, seemingly regressed and lost his job to Adeniji, who struggled mightily.  

I will say this about Carman:  The one thing I don't question in him is strength.  He has moved some VERY big men back like it was nothing.  I just think he needs confidence and more playing time, but I guess the coaches just aren't as sold on him.  

Tiger

We don't see the daily practices and I get it . I'm just not sure if I seen a tremendous amount of pressures that he allowed as a starter to constitute a cellar dweller. It speaks volumes that Smith would get the reps and not the second round pick that the organization thought so highly of on draft weekend.
This organization has a history of not developing young players properly but in this case maybe its self inflicted. I like Adeniji as well but always thought that his flexibility was outside to inside. R or L
Btw: Wildcard tix are on sale now if anyone was wondering when they would be
Reply/Quote
The NFL has changed COVID protocol including the return to availability, the good news is if Awuzie is asymptomatic and vaccinated, me can basically take 2 tests concurrently rather than 24 hours apart

the league has also announced a change to how vaccinated players and staff can return to the team before a 10-day isolation period is up. Two negative tests taken 24 hours apart was the standard in such cases, but the new protocols allow for asymptomatic individuals toa take two PCR tests, two Mesa tests, or one PCR and one Mesa test concurrently and return to work if they are negative.  

Also, another option for positive players will rely on how positive the test is.  If it is considered below the level for transmission they can be activated.

Players will have to be activated by 4 PM the day before the game.  So he has to be activated by Sat at 4PM EDT

Reply/Quote
It is not all doom and gloom on the injury report

OUt:
Reiff-IR
Wilson-out
Prince-illness (not COVID)
Hill-illness (not COVID)

LIMITED:
Bailey-neck
Evans-ankle

FULL PARTICIPATION:
Burrow-finger
Hopkins-illness
Harris-illness
Hendrickson-back
Higgins-ankle
Adeniji-knee
Morgan-Thigh
Tupou-knee
Reader-NIR/rest

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 05:39 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

We don't see the daily practices and I get it . I'm just not sure if I seen a tremendous amount of pressures that he allowed as a starter to constitute a cellar dweller. It speaks volumes that Smith would get the reps and not the second round pick that the organization thought so highly of on draft weekend.
This organization has a history of not developing young players properly but in this case maybe its self inflicted. I like Adeniji as well but always thought that his flexibility was outside to inside. R or L
Btw: Wildcard tix are on sale now if anyone was wondering when they would be

It is weird because going by raw stats PFF has (not their scores), Carman has been the best RG this season. Adeniji has not been that good at pass protection and Prince at RT is a dumpster fire. I would put Carman back at RG and slide Adeniji out to RT and also align the TE to the right side to provide help. 
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 06:58 PM)Joelist Wrote: It is weird because going by raw stats PFF has (not their scores), Carman has been the best RG this season. Adeniji has not been that good at pass protection and Prince at RT is a dumpster fire. I would put Carman back at RG and slide Adeniji out to RT and also align the TE to the right side to provide help. 

Zac has said multiple times when asked about Carman, that his biggest challenge is consistency. Now, that can imply how he is playing however, he has let other players work that out on the field.  I suspect Zac is referring to Carman's practice and preparation though. If you listen to his interviews and press conference, he is constantly praising effort in the non-game day parts of the job. 

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 06:58 PM)Joelist Wrote: It is weird because going by raw stats PFF has (not their scores), Carman has been the best RG this season. Adeniji has not been that good at pass protection and Prince at RT is a dumpster fire. I would put Carman back at RG and slide Adeniji out to RT and also align the TE to the right side to provide help. 

They were already doing this in the SF game with Prince in. Unfortunately, you’re going to have to call your guys number and leave him 1-on-1 to get your personnel adjustments and calls in. I definitely won’t be surprised to see a back staying in more of the TE isn’t aligned right, though. I do think they are going to try to compensate a little more but we’re still going to see that RT on an island some. I counted either 3 or 4 TE chips to help Prince in my initial watch of the All-22, but I don’t have it in front of me right now.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 04:17 PM)Au165 Wrote: Correct, but getting two is difficult if he actually has COVID you have to hope he has had it for a week and they just caught it as they only test vaccinated players once a week. If he is just starting down the road with it he obviously won't test negative until next week. 
The good news is the NFL updated their return to play protocols, so Awuzie has a decent shot at playing.

"Under current return-to-play protocols, a vaccinated individual who tests positive must have two negative tests 24 hours apart before being cleared to return. The new protocols lessen that requirement and allow fully vaccinated individuals to be released from quarantine, provided they are asymptomatic for at least 24 hours, depending on their BRL PCR or Mesa test results.
There are no return-to-play changes for unvaccinated players."
https://theathletic.com/news/nfl-issues-new-covid-19-rules-changes-return-to-play-protocols/8KzGgr6GVEZ4/?source=fbnews

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 06:35 PM)pally Wrote: It is not all doom and gloom on the injury report

OUt:
Reiff-IR
Wilson-out
Prince-illness (not COVID)
Hill-illness (not COVID)

LIMITED:
Bailey-neck
Evans-ankle

FULL PARTICIPATION:
Burrow-finger
Hopkins-illness
Harris-illness
Hendrickson-back
Higgins-ankle
Adeniji-knee
Morgan-Thigh
Tupou-knee
Reader-NIR/rest

Vernon Hargreaves was added to the list with an illness

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 07:12 PM)pally Wrote: Zac has said multiple times when asked about Carman, that his biggest challenge is consistency. Now, that can imply how he is playing however, he has let other players work that out on the field.  I suspect Zac is referring to Carman's practice and preparation though. If you listen to his interviews and press conference, he is constantly praising effort in the non-game day parts of the job. 

Yeah, but even after staying after early on and showing he does belong (he had one really well rated game), he still rides the bench.  I can't help but think more might be going on with his back than is being shared.  
Reply/Quote
Trey Hill and Isaiah Prince are missing the walk-through today putting their availability on Sunday in doubt.

Thad Moss is practicing but of course still has to come off of IR before he can play

Reply/Quote
Reiff is done for the season
Awuzie will be out on Sunday
Waynes will be activated
Fred Johnson will be starting RT...Zac has a lot of "faith"
Prince hopefully will be available as a backup but a big guy who has been sick all week will be weak
Clay Johnston is out so they are way thin at LB if Bailey can't go...really tough with the Broncos running game
PS QB Browning has been moved to quarantine to protect him just in case like they did with Brandon Allen last season

I would anticipate Sutherland being activated from the PS again this week

Reply/Quote
The official Friday report. It looks much better than Wed's report though the Reiff news is still huge. Awuzie isn't on it because he is on the COVID list. I do wonder a bit if he would have been ok to come off of the list by tomorrow but they are leaving him on it because he wouldn't be able to play because of his foot. It opens up a temporary roster spot without waiving anyone Chris Evans and Trey Hendrickson both have no designation so they are both good to go. Look for Evans to take over kick returns.

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2021, 07:13 PM)pally Wrote: The official Friday report.  It looks much better than Wed's report though the Reiff news is still huge. Awuzie isn't on it because he is on the COVID list. I do wonder a bit if he would have been ok to come off of the list by tomorrow but they are leaving him on it because he wouldn't be able to play because of his foot.  It opens up a temporary roster spot without waiving anyone  Chris Evans and Trey Hendrickson both have no designation so they are both good to go.  Look for Evans to take over kick returns.  

Having Hendrickson back gets me excited.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 04:27 PM)Joelist Wrote: After watching Prince get massacred out there last week on an island I am not optimistic about putting him there again. If XSF can go at this point they might be better with him at RG and Adeniji or Johnson at RT.

Same, don't care for Prince after that showing against the Chargers. Heck, Carman would be a thought at RT, heard Prince 
won't play anyways for some reason and FJ is going to start at RT which I don't really care for either. This is our biggest 
question right now, RT. Someone has to step up and play well for us to start winning games again. I don't think FJ or Prince
are the guys. Could be one of the young guys in Adeniji, Carman or D'Ante Smith. I honestly like all of their upside.

Just the inexperience could bite us in the ass with penalties for all we know.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2021, 07:48 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Having Hendrickson back gets me excited.

Yes, need to have the sack master out there. Also like seeing Waynes being able to go right at the time Awuzie can't.

Also, I like what I have seen from both Trey Flowers and Hargreaves so we might be able to weather the storm without Chido.
Reply/Quote