Injuries week 17
Ja'Marr is not practicing

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2023, 03:52 PM)pally Wrote: Ja'Marr is not practicing

I'll add this from Bengaholic in another thread:
"Ja'Marr participated in the morning walkthrough and now doing work on the rehab field.

Zac on Chase's status - 'We’ll see how much he can handle.'"
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2023, 04:42 PM)Nepa Wrote: I'll add this from Bengaholic in another thread:
Ja'Marr participated in the morning walkthrough and now doing work on the rehab field.

Zac on Chase's status - 'We’ll see how much he can handle.'

Yeah, did some activities in the walkthrough and then was catching passes on the rehab field. 

Won't really know anything until we see him in a real practice.
Reply/Quote
DNP

Ja'Marr Chase

Limited

Jalen Davis-groin
Cam Sample-knee

Full Participation
Cam Taylor-Britt-ankle

Reply/Quote
CTB at full participation is a welcome sight
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2023, 07:45 PM)Go Cards Wrote: CTB at full participation is a welcome sight

Yes, should help the Defense immensely.
Reply/Quote
Here is Chiefs injury report today the 27th.
https://www.chiefs.com/news/week-17-injury-report-chiefs-vs-bengals-x6981

They have some guys who start not practicing as well.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
At this point, don't push it. This upcoming game with KC is not looking good so why try to rush Chase and others to play? Protect them for the future. If, somehow, the Bengals win this weekend, then see if they will be a healthy contribution. At this point, the Bengals are toast for the playoffs so why risk the future? 2024 here we come!
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2023, 09:51 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: At this point, don't push it. This upcoming game with KC is not looking good so why try to rush Chase and others to play? Protect them for the future. If, somehow, the Bengals win this weekend, then see if they will  be a healthy contribution. At this point, the Bengals are toast for the playoffs so why risk the future? 2024 here we come!

Bengals win out have still a good chance at playoffs, if Chase is able to go, he should play and I'm sure he will if able.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2023, 10:08 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Bengals win out have still a good chance at playoffs, if Chase is able to go, he should play and I'm sure he will if able.

Exactly, you don't give up on the Playoffs till there is no chance. Then you rest Chase, he gives us a significant edge if he can play as
he would be by far and away the best WR on the field Sunday. Don't understand people acting like if we make the Playoffs there is no 
way we can win. We have beat a significant amount of Playoff caliber teams this season, with Browning we have beat 3 of them.

Hopefully 5 by the time it is all said and done and we are in.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2023, 02:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Exactly, you don't give up on the Playoffs till there is no chance. Then you rest Chase, he gives us a significant edge if he can play as
he would be by far and away the best WR on the field Sunday. Don't understand people acting like if we make the Playoffs there is no 
way we can win. We have beat a significant amount of Playoff caliber teams this season, with Browning we have beat 3 of them.

Hopefully 5 by the time it is all said and done and we are in.

My fantasy football notes say that Ian Rapoport doesn't expect him to play:

Quote:Advice: It would be a “surprise,” per Rapoport, if Chase returned for the Bengals’ Week 17 game against Kansas City. Chase is dealing with a serious shoulder injury he picked up in Week 15. If he remains sidelined this week, Tee Higgins will be a locked-in WR2 option against the Chiefs.

Honestly, I know we need to win this game to even have a chance at the playoffs, but do we want to risk missing him for the playoffs or even longer if he re-aggravates the injury?

I'm in the finals in the league with my good friends (the only league that really matters), and I have Chase, so I'd love for him to play if he's for sure 100%, but the Chiefs are a dumpster fire, so do we even want to risk it?

We have a 94% chance to make the playoffs if we win the last two games, so these last two games matter, but I'd sit him against the Chiefs to make sure he's full go if we have to beat the Browns and then have a playoff run.
Reply/Quote
Ja'Marr is in uniform to practice today. I still expect him to be listed as limited but progress

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2023, 03:39 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: My fantasy football notes say that Ian Rapoport doesn't expect him to play:

Honestly, I know we need to win this game to even have a chance at the playoffs, but do we want to risk missing him for the playoffs or even longer if he re-aggravates the injury?

I'm in the finals in the league with my good friends (the only league that really matters), and I have Chase, so I'd love for him to play if he's for sure 100%, but the Chiefs are a dumpster fire, so do we even want to risk it?

We have a 94% chance to make the playoffs if we win the last two games, so these last two games matter, but I'd sit him against the Chiefs to make sure he's full go if we have to beat the Browns and then have a playoff run.

Yeah, if he isn't ready to go I wouldn't risk it. Just saying we shouldn't rest him for next year like Chezaugie seemed to be alluding to.

Even without Chase I could see us beating the Chiefs who just don't look good on Offense and with Lou taking accountability for how bad
the Defense has been playing and CTB coming back I expect our Defense to bounce back and play well. Especially if Browning isn't turning
the ball over and putting our Defense in bad situations.
Reply/Quote
Report 12/28

Limited
Ja'Marr Chase-shoulder....he said he felt pretty with a normal range of motion just some aches and pains to be worked out. He will likely be a game day decision

Jalen Davis-groin
Mitch Wilcox-foot...he is a new addition from yesterday

Full
Cam Sample-knee
Cam Taylor-Britt-ankle

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2023, 06:26 PM)pally Wrote: Report 12/28

Limited
Ja'Marr Chase-shoulder....he said he felt pretty with a normal range of motion just some aches and pains to be worked out.  He will likely be a game day decision

That was an unexpected part of the update. Ninja
Reply/Quote
Pacheco still DNP because of a concussion which makes it look unlikely he'll clear protocol and CEH did not practice because of an illness. McKinnon still on IR so KC might not have much of a running game this week.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Everyone is good to go except Ja'Marrwho will be a game day decision

CTB will play all they have to do is activate him

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2023, 06:56 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Pacheco still DNP because of a concussion which makes it look unlikely he'll clear protocol and CEH did not practice because of an illness. McKinnon still on IR so KC might not have much of a running game this week.

[Image: hawk-eye-dont-give-me-hope.gif]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Ja'Marr is officially questionable for the game.

Reply/Quote
Cam is off IR.

Joe Mixon was listed as limited with an ankle issue. He is still expected to play

Reply/Quote