Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injuries week 17
(12-28-2023, 06:32 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: That was an unexpected part of the update. Ninja

Lol, funny but true.  I guess its a good sign Chase feels pretty. Maybe he liked the outfit he was wearing.  Im guessing Burrow feels pretty too with some of the outfits he wears at times. Jerry
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2023, 06:32 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: That was an unexpected part of the update. Ninja

Cue the photo memes of Jack Nicholson from the movie Anger Management.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2023, 04:58 PM)pally Wrote: Cam is off IR.

Joe Mixon was listed as limited with an ankle issue.  He is still expected to play

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

That could be a blessing in disguise, if it results in Chase Brown getting more touches and perhaps having a breakout game.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2023, 06:14 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That could be a blessing in disguise, if it results in Chase Brown getting more touches and perhaps having a breakout game.
Brown is a smart component in game planning against KC. A few early quick screens/sweeps and their secondary will be paranoid the whole game.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2023, 06:14 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That could be a blessing in disguise, if it results in Chase Brown getting more touches and perhaps having a breakout game.

Considering he has not shown much in short yardage or between tackles, last three games avg 3.5 a rush not a good thing to be down Mixon
Reply/Quote
Any updates on Chief's RB Pacheco or CB Sneed?
Thaks
Reply/Quote
CB Sneed and RB Pacheco still “questionable”.
WR Toney - out.

https://www.chiefs.com/team/injury-report/
Reply/Quote
Mecole Hardman has been activated so KC has him back.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote

Yes, I know that Chase Brown can have some negative plays but every once in a while he can break a big run with his acceleration, quicks
and break away speed. Nothing against Mixon but it takes him a bit to get going unlike Chase Brown.
Reply/Quote
Argggg

Per ESPN

Pacheco cleared concussion protocol to play

Ball game!!

He isn’t Barry Sanders but he is solid and any sort of run game vs this D? Game over.
Reply/Quote
Would love to know how you barely practice this week and somehow clear concussion protocol?
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2023, 07:55 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Would love to know how you barely practice this week and somehow clear concussion protocol?

Seems a lot of players clear concussion protocol within a week on time to play the Bengals. Josh Purdy earlier this year, Cam Heyward last game, now Pacheco (in record time given KC had played on Monday Night). Not sure the independent neurologist is actually looking out for their long-term welfare. We saw what happened to Tua last year, when he never should have been playing. And Purdy was definitely off when the 49ers played the Bengals. 
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2023, 07:55 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Would love to know how you barely practice this week and somehow clear concussion protocol?

Uhhh huh!

(12-30-2023, 08:11 PM)Nepa Wrote: Seems a lot of players clear concussion protocol within a week on time to play the Bengals. Josh Purdy earlier this year, Cam Heyward last game, now Pacheco (in record time given KC had played on Monday Night). Not sure the independent neurologist is actually looking out for their long-term welfare. We saw what happened to Tua last year, when he never should have been playing. And Purdy was definitely off when the 49ers played the Bengals. 

Agreed on all!! 
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2023, 07:36 PM)Whacked Wrote: Argggg

Per ESPN

Pacheco cleared concussion protocol to play

Ball game!!

He isn’t Barry Sanders but he is solid and any sort of run game vs this D? Game over.

Really, you're calling the game lost and it's hours before it even starts?
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 12:48 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Really, you're calling the game lost and it's hours before it even starts?

Lol. I know I know. Being a pessimistic negative Nancy but Pacheco is good and our run D is atrocious. This will allow Mahomes to open up his lethal pass game too.

I would love to be wrong and mash on crow post-game. Just don’t see it though
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 12:56 PM)Whacked Wrote: Lol. I know I know. Being a pessimistic negative Nancy but Pacheco is good and our run D is atrocious. This will allow Mahomes to open up his lethal pass game too.

I would love to be wrong and mash on crow post-game. Just don’t see it though

Well here is a positive, the Bills are near the bottom with us on ypc giving up and they held KC to under 100 and actually the Raiders are giving up 4.4 a game and they held KC to under to around 3.6 a carry to both of their games. Neither defense is that strong either against the run.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 01:20 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well here is a positive, the Bills are near the bottom with us on ypc giving up and they held KC to under 100 and actually the Raiders are giving up 4.4 a game and they held KC to under to around 3.6 a carry to both of their games. Neither defense is that strong either against the run.

That helps a little but the Raiders didn’t face Pacheco.
Not sure if the Bills did.

I don’t think Pacheco is Barry Sanders but he is a problem - especially against a Readerless-D
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 01:26 PM)Whacked Wrote: That helps a little but the Raiders didn’t face Pacheco.

I don’t think Pacheco is Barry Sanders but he is a problem - especially against a Readerless-D

The world is full of big bad scary things, stay in your house...
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 01:26 PM)Whacked Wrote: That helps a little but the Raiders didn’t face Pacheco.

26  for 81 for just 3 1 so in 2 games ( concussion ), he did not play vs Buffalo. I don't think  KC blocks well between guards so have to contain the edge better .
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 02:42 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: 26  for 81 for just 3 1 so in 2 games ( concussion ), he did not play vs Buffalo. I don't think  KC blocks well between guards so have to contain the edge better .

Yup. Let’s hope Hubbard comes to play.

Not sure what the stats say but eye test tells me he’s had a bit of a down year IMO.

We are going to need him today.
Reply/Quote