• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injuries week 2
Joseph Ossai returns to practice
Cam Sample did not participate

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Happy Ossai might be back, hope Cam is okay, I like Cam, all our Cam's. Mellow
Reply/Quote
Glad nothing new popped up with Burrow’s throwing hand.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 10:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Glad nothing new popped up with Burrow’s throwing hand.

He said today that it wasn't hurt at all on that first play or any play.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Burrow was asked about his calf yesterday and he said "they are working through it." This doesn't exactly sound very confident. There is just a weird vibe around this team/year so far. I don't know exactly what it is.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2023, 11:36 AM)BleedNOrange Wrote: Burrow was asked about his calf yesterday and he said "they are working through it." This doesn't exactly sound very confident. There is just a weird vibe around this team/year so far. I don't know exactly what it is.

He’s clearly not 100% yet. Taylor needs to get into his bag and come up with a game plan that doesn’t require Burrow being Superman. Scheme guys open, lean on Mixon, whatever it takes.

Reply/Quote
I'd feel comforted if we'd see Burrow step up /into the pocket and drive a throw. That is something you did not see him do last Sunday. And if he can't, then it is troubling.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2023, 11:39 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s clearly not 100% yet. Taylor needs to get into his bag and come up with a game plan that doesn’t require Burrow being Superman. Scheme guys open, lean on Mixon, whatever it takes.

If he didn't think to / or was capable of doing it during the 6 weeks of training camp just to help Burrow get acclimated slowly once the season started, I doubt he can do it in a week.

The system and philosophy is set. If Zac didn't adapt as soon as Burrow went down to help him out, then it ain't happening unfortunately. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Chris Evans is not practicing after being limited yesterday with a hamstring (did he hurt in during practice?). I would anticipate Chase Brown playing on Sunday in place of Evans. It is just too early in the season to risk a hamstring

Cam Sample will at least be limited today since he is out there in warm ups.

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2023, 11:36 AM)BleedNOrange Wrote: Burrow was asked about his calf yesterday and he said "they are working through it."  This doesn't exactly sound very confident.  There is just a weird vibe around this team/year so far.  I don't know exactly what it is.

I took this to mean he's still being progressed through a return to play program. No way his first game back is he going to go in 100% with running/scrambling etc on a wet field when he hasn't gotten those full speed reps on a dry field. I wouldn't take that to mean they're not confident in his rehab or that there's something more going on with the injury than we're being told. The weather messed with the progression of his rehab, so it's something they had to work through on the fly. 
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2023, 03:18 PM)pally Wrote: Chris Evans is not practicing after being limited yesterday with a hamstring (did he hurt in during practice?).  I would anticipate Chase Brown playing on Sunday in place of Evans.  It is just too early in the season to risk a hamstring

Cam Sample will at least be limited today since he is out there in warm ups.

I'd actually like to see Brown get some carries and see what a downhill runner can do behind this line.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2023, 11:39 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s clearly not 100% yet. Taylor needs to get into his bag and come up with a game plan that doesn’t require Burrow being Superman. Scheme guys open, lean on Mixon, whatever it takes.

He might not be 100% but he moved good enough to be able to play. After rewatching the game it was a variety of factors that hurt Bengals especially in that crucial 1st half, sacks, pressures, bad throws, drops and outside of one series we avg. 3 yards a run in 1st quarter more than different schemes..... Im not saying maybe some different schemes  might inject offense with the Ravens but  those schemes won't matter if the offense  players play same way as they did last week .
Reply/Quote
Bengals seem to continue to catch breaks lately playing the Ravens with the injury report and this week is no different.. We need to take advantage of the Ravens injuries especially on offense
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2023, 08:20 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: He might not be 100% but he moved good enough to be able to play. After rewatching the game it was a variety of factors that hurt Bengals especially in that crucial 1st half, sacks, pressures, bad throws, drops and outside of one series we avg. 3 yards a run in 1st quarter more than different schemes..... Im not saying maybe some different schemes  might inject offense with the Ravens but  those schemes won't matter if the offense  players play same way as they did last week .

Exactly, all 11 need to be on the same page and executing in perfect harmony.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2023, 08:20 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: He might not be 100% but he moved good enough to be able to play. After rewatching the game it was a variety of factors that hurt Bengals especially in that crucial 1st half, sacks, pressures, bad throws, drops and outside of one series we avg. 3 yards a run in 1st quarter more than different schemes..... Im not saying maybe some different schemes  might inject offense with the Ravens but  those schemes won't matter if the offense  players play same way as they did last week .

Our receivers also were CLAMPED all game. Not sure if it’s scheme or they just got owned by Cleveland, but nothing went their way on offense.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2023, 08:47 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Our receivers also were CLAMPED all game. Not sure if it’s scheme or they just got owned by Cleveland, but nothing went their way on offense.

There’s actually a bunch of clips online of the WR’s being open at various times (a couple would have even been TD’s). Burrow either missed them or pressure killed the plays.

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2023, 08:35 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Exactly, all 11 need to be on the same page and executing in perfect harmony.

We are going to have  some bad play or mistakes right calls from opposing team but key is to spread that out , last week every series seemed to issues
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2023, 08:22 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Bengals seem to continue to catch breaks lately playing the Ravens with the injury report and this week is no different.. We need to take advantage of the Ravens injuries especially on offense

They have to be the most injured team in NFL history over the last few years.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote