Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Injuries-week 4
(09-28-2023, 03:09 PM)Nepa Wrote: Huh?

The labrum helps keep your shoulder joint in place. When the labrum tears, you may feel shoulder pain or experience shoulder instability (the feeling that your shoulder is slipping out of place). Labral tears are usually caused by overuse or injury and commonly accompany other injuries to the shoulder.

pennmedicine.org

I think you're thinking of the labia, not the labrum. Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2023, 05:58 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I'm going to see your huh? and raise you a c'mon man.

I think you're bluffing.  Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Jones and Smith are out. Trent Irwin is the back up PR.. Look for Tanner Hudson to be brought up from the PS again

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2023, 01:41 PM)pally Wrote: The most common thumb fracture for football players is a Bennett's Fracture which occurs at the base of the thumb.  It happens when the thumb gets bent backwards like when a punted ball hits the hand wrong.  It almost always requires surgery to pin and stabilize.  If this is his injury he will be out at least 8 weeks.  6 weeks for the fracture to heal and then at least several weeks for hand rehab.  

Is a Bennett’s fracture more common than a gamekeeper’s thumb in NFL players?
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2023, 05:29 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Is a Bennett’s fracture more common than a gamekeeper’s thumb in NFL players?

The Gamekeeper's Thumb is a tear of the ulnar collateral ligament not a bone fracture

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
What's a walkthrough practice.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2023, 05:37 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: What's a walkthrough practice.

I think it us usually a light no contact practice where they just rehearse plays.  Where people need to be and so forth with no full speed stuff.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2023, 05:53 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I think it us usually  a light no contact practice where they just rehearse plays.  Where people need to be and so forth with no full speed stuff.

The reason I asked was because of injuries happening during walkthroughs. So I thought i may have been wrong on what it was.

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2023, 05:37 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: What's a walkthrough practice.

It's a practice they walkthrough 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2023, 05:31 PM)pally Wrote: The Gamekeeper's Thumb is a tear of the ulnar collateral ligament not a bone fracture

Yes. But, it has a similar mechanism of injury and can be accompanied with an avulsion fracture 20-30% of the time.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2023, 09:43 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I think you're thinking of the labia, not the labrum. Ninja

Now you done it.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Irv Smith was such a terrible signing. Dude should have never been counted on to be TE1.

Reply/Quote
Hope to see more of Hudson, hope ADG is good to go and hope Velveeta has a great game on Punt Returns.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2023, 11:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Irv Smith was such a terrible signing. Dude should have never been counted on to be TE1.

They took a shot. The good thing is they have Wilcox and Hudson to step up.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2023, 11:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Irv Smith was such a terrible signing. Dude should have never been counted on to be TE1.

I wonder if they negotiated with other TEs, but missed out on them and then Irv became the only option left. 
Reply/Quote

I truly believe they were thinking they could get Kincaid in the draft.  He was gone.  They still had a shot at Laporte, though.

I don't know that it's a bad signing. Right now it looks that way because Burrow is still recovering and now Smith is hurt. If he helps us when the playoffs role around, it's a good signing. But, that's down the road a bit.  

Burrow makes even mediocre TEs look good (i.e. CJ).  Let's see who steps up.  They're going to get their chance.
Reply/Quote
We missed the boat with Irv and Robbins
Reply/Quote
I miss Hayden Hurst.

He is no Travis Kelce but he played w passion, energy and you could tell he tried his butt off to do what was required of him.

I think he fit and fulfilled this team’s needs well.
Reply/Quote