Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injuries-week 7
Zac is now saying Logan Wilson is day to day and is not being ruled out for Sunday!! He is a fast healer with a high pain tolerence. He will not practice today though

DJ Reader is working on the rehab field. He is eligible to come off of IR next week. I know I would feel a lot better about facing NIck Chubb if Reader is back for the Cleveland game

No update on Tupou and Gunter. On Monday they were both week to week

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
That’s huge news! Hopefully both are back soon. Like you mentioned, Reader could be a game changer vs Cleveland
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 03:20 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: That’s huge news! Hopefully both are back soon. Like you mentioned, Reader could be a game changer vs Cleveland

We definitely need Reader for the Cleveland game but I'm just pumped that Wilson is (possibly) back!

I think The Jungle will be rocking on Sunday and Wilson (and the entire D/team) would feed off of that!
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 03:32 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: We definitely need Reader for the Cleveland game but I'm just pumped that Wilson is (possibly) back!

I think The Jungle will be rocking on Sunday and Wilson (and the entire D/team) would feed off of that!

Wilson will not play until after the bye, at the earliest 
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 03:20 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: That’s huge news! Hopefully both are back soon. Like you mentioned, Reader could be a game changer vs Cleveland

A very encouraging post, as both Reader and Wilson are very important for the team. But I'm also impressed by the depth on the team now. Save for the two units of offensive line and backup QB, the Bengals seem to have quality players they can plug in should a starter miss some games. 
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Good news on Logan. I’d still rather let Pratt, ADG, and Bailey play and let the guy rest. We’re gonna need him for the brutal back half of the schedule and if there’s any time to be resting a key contributor in our LB crew, this would be the better time for it. I’m confident enough in our LB room that whoever plays will pick up the slack for a couple weeks.
Reply/Quote
That's great to hear! Like some others, I would still like to see them rest and be ready for the back half, but it's great to know they're both on track.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 03:33 PM)ATOTR Wrote: Wilson will not play until after the bye, at the earliest 

You're out Tonying Tony.....
Reply/Quote
Ja'Marr Chase was limited in practice today with a hip injury.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Here's the latest from Bengals insider and ace reporter Hobson, who is crystal clear on the status of injured D-linemen:

"It doesn't sound like backup defensive tackle Josh Tupou (calf) and defensive end Jeffrey Gunter (knee) won't play after not practicing Wednesday."

In other words: After not practicing yesterday, it doesn't sound like they won't play. Which means that it sounds like they will.

I think.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2022, 12:28 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Here's the latest from Bengals insider and ace reporter Hobson, who is crystal clear on the status of injured D-linemen:

"It doesn't sound like backup defensive tackle Josh Tupou (calf) and defensive end Jeffrey Gunter (knee) won't play after not practicing Wednesday."

In other words:  After not practicing yesterday, it doesn't sound like they won't play.  Which means that it sounds like they will.

I think.

Zac already essentially ruled them out on Monday when he said they would likely be out for several weeks. Even on Monday, he had a qualifier for Logan Wilson.  He said Logan was week to week but that they were waiting for more testing and follow-ups before the final determination.  

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2022, 12:28 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Here's the latest from Bengals insider and ace reporter Hobson, who is crystal clear on the status of injured D-linemen:

In other words:  After not practicing yesterday, it doesn't sound like they won't play.  Which means that it sounds like they will.

I think.

Reminds me of the Impractical Jokers episode where Sal had the protest of "Don't stop letting people not help" LOL
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2022, 12:49 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Reminds me of the Impractical Jokers episode where Sal had the protest of "Don't stop letting people not help" LOL

Honey, I would never not lie to you about that woman I wasn't not fooling around with at the office party.
Reply/Quote
I know the next 3 games are season breaker must win games but here's the rub. If either or both Reader (all world DT) and Wilson (playing elite level) come back too early and reinjure, I think it jeopardizes the season. If the Bengals do not win the next 3-4 games, the post-season is probably in jeopardy.

The Bengals were "this close" from being 6-0 or 5-1. They are far, the better team, most talented team, and should win the next 4 even missing a couple studs on defense. It will come down to how Burrow plays and he needs to "will" the team to victory like he did last year.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 04:15 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Good news on Logan. I’d still rather let Pratt, ADG, and Bailey play and let the guy rest. We’re gonna need him for the brutal back half of the schedule and if there’s any time to be resting a key contributor in our LB crew, this would be the better time for it. I’m confident enough in our LB room that whoever plays will pick up the slack for a couple weeks.

x2

RE: Reader being back for the Cleveland CHUBBS - if he doesn't return we are big trouble. 
The mediocre Saints run game DECIMATED US

Chubb will run for 300 yards lol
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 03:33 PM)ATOTR Wrote: Wilson will not play until after the bye, at the earliest 

I thought our bye was after Clev, but it is actually after the 11.6 home game vs Car. 

the new news on Wilson is fantastic.   I hope we see him for Carolina in 17 days.  Would be shocked is he plays vs Clev; but hes on the field so who knows. 
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2022, 01:07 PM)Whacked Wrote: x2

RE: Reader being back for the Cleveland CHUBBS - if he doesn't return we are big trouble. 
The mediocre Saints run game DECIMATED US

Chubb will run for 300 yards lol

300 yards and 1 TD and 2 FGS I will take :)
Reply/Quote
All the limited players from yesterday are participating today

Alex Cappa has not been seen at today's practice.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Reply/Quote