Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injuries week 8
Per Ian Rappaport:

Potentially significant: #49ers QB Brock Purdy is in the NFL's concussion protocol, coach Kyle Shanahan tells reporters.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2023, 04:47 PM)BengalBob Wrote: Per Ian Rappaport:

Potentially significant: #49ers QB Brock Purdy is in the NFL's concussion protocol, coach Kyle Shanahan tells reporters.

Oh wow.

If we play against Sam Darnold, I would hope we'd win.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2023, 04:51 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Oh wow.

Yeah, Darnold playing changes things. I'd say the Bengals should be favored to win. Especially if Trent cant go either.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Per Adam Schefter:

Brock Purdy is now unlikely to play Sunday vs. the Bengals based on this trend: No NFL player placed into concussion protocol this season has played the same week. The last player to be in concussion protocol who played the same week was 2022, when Kenny Pickett had a concussion in week 6 and was cleared to play in week 7.
Reply/Quote
No Trent Williams at practice today either. This is a massive break. No Purdy, Williams, or Deebo.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2023, 04:51 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Oh wow.

shall we remind you of the Bengals history with back up QBs?

point spread dropped to SF favored by 3.5 from 6

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2023, 05:30 PM)pally Wrote: shall we remind you of the Bengals history with back up QBs?

point spread dropped to SF favored by 3.5 from 6

Yea...we are cursed against back up QBs...

Hopefully, the fact that Darnold is a re-tread and not an unknown makes him exempt from the rule.

(10-25-2023, 04:55 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Yeah, Darnold playing changes things. I'd say the Bengals should be favored to win. Especially if Trent cant go either.

I didn't realize Trent was injured. If he is a no go, that would be a big deal considering Hendrickson will be going after the LT.
Reply/Quote
QB doesn't seem to matter to the Niners.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Don't celebrate. It's still a Zac Taylor versus Kyle Shanahan match. Brandon Allen will throw for 250 yards and a couple TDs, you read here first.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2023, 06:28 PM)Bengalion Wrote: Don't celebrate. It's still a Zac Taylor versus Kyle Shanahan match. Brandon Allen will throw for 250 yards and a couple TDs, you read here first.

Exactly, folks don't seem to learn about opposing backups. They ALWAYS play on level 1 against us. I've seen this movie as many times as I've seen "For A Few Dollars More"
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2023, 04:55 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Yeah, Darnold playing changes things. I'd say the Bengals should be favored to win. Especially if Trent cant go either.

Amazing. Purdy was Mr. Irrelevant as the last pick of the 2022 draft and his not playing is considered a boost for the Bengals' chances. I don't know what to think about this.
Reply/Quote
In my mind it doesn't change a thing. Will still be a huge feat to come back with a win. Bengals and backup opposing QB's history.
Reply/Quote
The SF offense is a timing type offense, lots of throws happen prior to receivers making their break. The question will be if Donald/Allen have the timing with the receivers needed to be successful.

I also am very confident the SF defense humbled by the Vikings will rear its ugly head Sunday.

We have a tough road game ahead.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2023, 06:45 PM)Nepa Wrote: Amazing. Purdy was Mr. Irrelevant as the last pick of the 2022 draft and his not playing is considered a boost for the Bengals' chances. I don't know what to think about this.

Doesn't change the fact that Purdy has been damn good in the NFL and doesn't play like a backup at all in that Offense.

Darnold or Allen playing is a huge advantage in our favor especially with no Deebo or Trent Williams. Slow down the running 
game and get after the QB and we have a good chance in this game to pull off a big win on the road against a great team.

Us finally getting healthy also gives us a great shot. It is the Defense of the 49ers that gives me some hesitancy in picking a 
win if Burrow is still not healthy, but if he is and plays like he did against them the last time we played the 49ers we should 
have a good shot in this one for sure.

(10-25-2023, 06:51 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The SF offense is a timing type offense, lots of throws happen prior to receivers making their break. The question will be if Donald/Allen have the timing with the receivers needed to be successful.

I also am very confident the SF defense humbled by the Vikings will rear its ugly head Sunday.

We have a tough road game ahead.

Agree with this, tough road game. But that doesn't mean the backup QB will shred our Defense like some have in the past.

We only remember the backup QB's that beat us and not the ones we beat. Truck just shown this in the Purdy thread.
Reply/Quote
Shanahan believes there's a chance Purdy could still play:

"Shanahan said that, by the rules of the concussion protocol, Purdy does have enough time to clear it to be able to go against the Bengals."

"It wouldn't be the first time this season the Niners had a player suffer a concussion one week and play the next. Guard Jon Feliciano did it in Weeks 4 and 5, returning to step in for an injured Aaron Banks at left guard against the Dallas Cowboys after dealing with a concussion against the Arizona Cardinals."

"According to Shanahan, Purdy was already feeling better Wednesday than Tuesday and would be able to participate in parts of the walk-through as he goes through the protocol. Shanahan added there isn't a set day in which Purdy must clear the protocol, citing a Thursday night game last December in which Purdy played on short rest without practicing."

And Shanahan thinks there's a chance that Williams could also play: "One other injury to monitor this week is left tackle Trent Williams' sprained right ankle. Williams did not play against the Vikings, in part with an eye toward this week's game but also because of the artificial surface in Minnesota. Shanahan said Williams could practice as soon as Thursday."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38743983/49ers-brock-purdy-concussion-protocol-uncertain-vs-bengals
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2023, 02:55 PM)Nepa Wrote: Shanahan believes there's a chance Purdy could still play:

"Shanahan said that, by the rules of the concussion protocol, Purdy does have enough time to clear it to be able to go against the Bengals."

"It wouldn't be the first time this season the Niners had a player suffer a concussion one week and play the next. Guard Jon Feliciano did it in Weeks 4 and 5, returning to step in for an injured Aaron Banks at left guard against the Dallas Cowboys after dealing with a concussion against the Arizona Cardinals."

"According to Shanahan, Purdy was already feeling better Wednesday than Tuesday and would be able to participate in parts of the walk-through as he goes through the protocol. Shanahan added there isn't a set day in which Purdy must clear the protocol, citing a Thursday night game last December in which Purdy played on short rest without practicing."

And Shanahan thinks there's a chance that Williams could also play: "One other injury to monitor this week is left tackle Trent Williams' sprained right ankle. Williams did not play against the Vikings, in part with an eye toward this week's game but also because of the artificial surface in Minnesota. Shanahan said Williams could practice as soon as Thursday."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38743983/49ers-brock-purdy-concussion-protocol-uncertain-vs-bengals

Will have to just beat them at near full strength then....

We should be at full strength or close to it. No excuses.
Reply/Quote
no ADG again

Awuzie's injury was a herniated disc

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2023, 04:08 PM)pally Wrote: no ADG again

Awuzie's injury was a herniated disc

That sucks!
Reply/Quote
Chase Brown added to the report as limited with a hamstring issue otherwise the same as yesterday

Reply/Quote