Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injuries
Always see people complaining about injuries or calling out the medical staff so thought Id post this interesting little graph covering the last 2 years.

Just remember it could always be worse and by worse I mean the Giants.

[Image: ZCyfk22.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2015, 11:05 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Just remember it could always be worse and by worse I mean the '90s.

'Cause someone always eventually says it anyway.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Sometimes it's not how many injuries but WHO is injured. Last year we had too many WHO'S injured that really killed us. I do see your point though. Our staff gets too much criticism for all the past mistakes. Fingers crossed we can stay healthy and see what we can really do with a full roster.
Reply/Quote
This makes 2013's annual playoff embarrassment that much more painful :vomit:
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
A lot of it has to do with perception. The Bengals claimed Marvin Jones would be out 4 weeks and should be ready early in the season, but he never returned at all. Then Eifert was put on the IR to return, but never did. Burfict was suppose to be out a few weeks, but also didn't return.

Than, of course, there was Dalton's bad year and 4th bad playoff game in a row. Dalton lovers blame injuries for all 4 bad playoff games even though injuries only affected one of them. Selective memory or something.

But the injuries last year were big ones for the Bengals. The loss of Burfict and Marvin Jones did have a big impact as the season went on. Green and Gresham missing the playoff game was a problem, but neither of them have had a big playoff game before, so claims that this was the reason aren't based on anything substantial.

There was one injury that changed the course of the season and that was Bernard's. That opened the door for Hill to emerge as the clear cut #1 RB on the team.

Reply/Quote
It's interesting. If you asked me to name some teams that would be at the top, or healthiest, I would have listed the Colts. 30th two straight seasons? Must have been a lot of second tier players.
Reply/Quote
There's little doubt injuries had a major impact on last season. However, no one will ever convince me our end result would have been much different whatever the injuries were.

This teams heart, soul, attitude, mo-jo, guts, desire, and in the end leadership is what ails it. And that starts with the HC and QB !
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2015, 09:39 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: There's little doubt injuries had a major impact on last season. However, no one will ever convince me our end result would have been much different whatever the injuries were.

This teams heart, soul, attitude, mo-jo, guts, desire, and in the end leadership is what ails it. And that starts with the HC and QB !

Agreed. We didn't do much better against the Chargers than we did the Colts. I think we went to Indy expecting to lose without AJ, MLJ, Eifert, and Gresham. We sure didn't show much fire, especially for having been so hideously beaten by the Colts in the regular season. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2015, 09:58 AM)Shady Wrote: Agreed. We didn't do much better against the Chargers than we did the Colts. I think we went to Indy expecting to lose without AJ, MLJ, Eifert, and Gresham. We sure didn't show much fire, especially for having been so hideously beaten by the Colts in the regular season. 

That game felt a lot like a pre-season game to me. [Image: frown.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
This shows that our medical staff is not as bad as some people claim.
Reply/Quote
The problem was the number of injuries it was that they decimated 2 different position groups on both sides of the Football. (LB & WR)
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
All teams in the supposed treacherous AFC North are in the top half of the league. Surprising.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-31-2015, 10:56 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: That game felt a lot like a pre-season game to me. [Image: frown.gif]

The thing that really pisses me off is, the Bengals are always the team that is depleted and never the team that gets to play a depleted team. 

Two freaking years in a row that the Colts played a severely injured team, at home in the playoffs. 

Bunch of bull shit.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2015, 05:07 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The thing that really pisses me off is, the Bengals are always the team that is depleted and never the team that gets to play a depleted team. 

Two freaking years in a row that the Colts played a severely injured team, at home in the playoffs. 

Bunch of bull shit.

Eh The Colts had plenty of injuries the last couple of years themselves but they just seem to be able to fight through it where we just don't seem to be able to do it. A big part of that may be the fact they have a legit Franchise QB that can carry a team when needed while Andy needs his pieces more so.
Reply/Quote
Like previous poster said, it's usually not how many injuries but more of who is injured. Plus I wonder how they calculate the rankings, off of injuries or who is placed on IR. for example, AJ Green missed a few games but was not placed on IR, so did he count in our tally ir not.

This does not obsolve our medical staff as injuries a lot of times happen due to game impact, no way to prevent sometimes, however, we seem to be the only organization that lengthens initial injury timetables. Both Ray Lewis and Suggs were season ending injures yet came back to play in the playoffs, we have guys expected to be out a few weeks and never come back for the season.
Reply/Quote