Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tyler Boyd top fantasy projection v Bucs
ESPN's Mattew Berry fantasy projection

Tyler Boyd vs. Buccaneers (ESPN projection: 13.4): Yeah, he was on this list last week and laid an egg. That's what I get for trusting Andy Dalton in prime time. But I'm back on Boyd, which sounds like a weird '70s song, against a Tampa team that has given up the most receiving yards (933) and TDs (10) to the slot and is the worst in the NFL in passing yards, passing touchdowns, red zone efficiency and completion percentage against. In an era of recency bias, don't forget that from Weeks 2 to 6, Boyd was the fifth-best WR in fantasy.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2018, 06:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: ESPN's Mattew Berry fantasy projection

Tyler Boyd vs. Buccaneers (ESPN projection: 13.4): Yeah, he was on this list last week and laid an egg. That's what I get for trusting Andy Dalton in prime time. But I'm back on Boyd, which sounds like a weird '70s song, against a Tampa team that has given up the most receiving yards (933) and TDs (10) to the slot and is the worst in the NFL in passing yards, passing touchdowns, red zone efficiency and completion percentage against. In an era of recency bias, don't forget that from Weeks 2 to 6, Boyd was the fifth-best WR in fantasy.

He's been starting for me since week 3....no one drafted him in our league, so I picked him up off the scrap heap in week 2.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2018, 10:00 PM)Wyche Wrote: He's been starting for me since week 3....no one drafted him in our league, so I picked him up off the scrap heap in week 2.

Thought about starting him this week, but I d have some pretty good talent at WR (Mike Evans, Brandin Cooks, Michael Thomas) I was going to start in front of him.  Looks like he and Cooks are relatively close to one another stat-wise, so he could replace him.  It's just, I don't know, I guess I'm superstitious when it comes to starting Bengals for the home games I'm attending. Of course, it's weirder still to be starting an opponent I'm watching play the Bengals.  It comes down to hoping that, if they're going to score anyway, they'll give it to my guy at least.  

Fantasy football warps how you view this game, no doubt about it.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2018, 10:43 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Thought about starting him this week, but I d have some pretty good talent at WR (Mike Evans, Brandin Cooks, Michael Thomas) I was going to start in front of him.  Looks like he and Cooks are relatively close to one another stat-wise, so he could replace him.  It's just, I don't know, I guess I'm superstitious when it comes to starting Bengals for the home games I'm attending. Of course, it's weirder still to be starting an opponent I'm watching play the Bengals.  It comes down to hoping that, if they're going to score anyway, they'll give it to my guy at least.  

Fantasy football warps how you view this game, no doubt about it.  

It does warp the view for sure, because I have Kareem Hunt and Matt Ryan too....lol. I drafted AJ for a sure thing, and wound up with Cooper Kupp, Calvin Ridley, and now Boyd. It's been my TEs that have killed me.

Reply/Quote
I gave up on FF a year or so ago when I realized that I always forget to set weekly rosters.
A few years ago my fantasy team consisted of all injured players out for the season.. Tough to believe that my team came in last place like that, huh?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2018, 12:47 AM)Wyche Wrote: It does warp the view for sure, because I have Kareem Hunt and Matt Ryan too....lol. I drafted AJ for a sure thing, and wound up with Cooper Kupp, Calvin Ridley, and now Boyd. It's been my TEs that have killed me.

TE's are a rough gig to get in FF. If you don't draft one of the top 4 early, just about anyone else from there is a guessing game. Take CJ for instance. Chris beers is predicting him to have a great game, along with Andy Dalton since TB sucks against TE's this year. However, who's to say Andy throws to him? Last week he seemed to settle into old Andy and try to force the back to AJ when there was nothing there.

Reply/Quote
Boyd could have a big week as TB tries to cover AJ. Look at some of the secondary receivers for FF as they have been doing well this year.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2018, 01:54 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Boyd could have a big week as TB tries to cover AJ. Look at some of the secondary receivers for FF as they have been doing well this year.

Gotta get Andy to throw him the ball. Boyd has been a solid receiver out of the gate. Why he has declined in targets the last few games is beyond me. Andy holding onto bad habits? Who knows?

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2018, 02:00 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Gotta get Andy to throw him the ball. Boyd has been a solid receiver out of the gate. Why he has declined in targets the last few games is beyond me. Andy holding onto bad habits? Who knows?

Boyd has probably drawn more coverage as the weeks have went by.  I think Lazor has lost his mojo some as well.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2018, 02:45 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Boyd has probably drawn more coverage as the weeks have went by.  I think Lazor has lost his mojo some as well
This is true. Ross gone, Kroft, Eifert gone....Cody Core dropping wide open passes....that just leaves AJ and Tyler as credible targets. Mixon has to be spelled....no Gio. It's been tough. I like Uzo, but he needs breathers too....Lengel, Franks, Schreck hurt. There's just much out there that necessitates rolling coverage off Green and Boyd. 
Harley, I got Jimmy Graham....but Packers O is not that good. I have Rodgers too, and have been starting Matt Ryan for weeks. Picked up Evan Engram... he's hit or miss. Forgot I have Sterling Shepherd too.

Edit: forgot about Erickson. He does add some to the offense.

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2018, 03:15 PM)Wyche Wrote: This is true. Ross gone, Kroft, Eifert gone....Cody Core dropping wide open passes....that just leaves AJ and Tyler as credible targets. Mixon has to be spelled....no Gio. It's been tough. I like Uzo, but he needs breathers too....Lengel, Franks, Schreck hurt. There's just much out there that necessitates rolling coverage off Green and Boyd. 
Harley, I got Jimmy Graham....but Packers O is not that good. I have Rodgers too, and have been starting Matt Ryan for weeks. Picked up Evan Engram... he's hit or miss. Forgot I have Sterling Shepherd too.

Edit: forgot about Erickson. He does add some to the offense.

This is actually the entire problem with the offense in a nutshell. Losing BOTH Eifert and Kroft has taken the TE out of the passing attack. Add in the usual John Ross injury, Gio being out and Core being incompetent and Boyd and AJ are the only targets. With only two real targets defenses have been able to roll their coverages onto them.

This is why the instant it started going around that Jared Cook was potentially available the front office should have been all over it. 
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2018, 07:16 PM)Joelist Wrote: This is actually the entire problem with the offense in a nutshell. Losing BOTH Eifert and Kroft has taken the TE out of the passing attack. Add in the usual John Ross injury, Gio being out and Core being incompetent and Boyd and AJ are the only targets. With only two real targets defenses have been able to roll their coverages onto them.

This is why the instant it started going around that Jared Cook was potentially available the front office should have been all over it. 

Absolutely agree....and the fact that Lazor was using quite a few 3 TE sets....we dindo even have 3 TEs anymore....lol.

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2018, 10:48 PM)Wyche Wrote: Absolutely agree....and the fact that Lazor was using quite a few 3 TE sets....we dindo even have 3 TEs anymore....lol.

At this point, with the TEs dropping like flies, and the OL continuing to struggle, I'm wondering if letting go of Hewitt wasn't such a good idea.  Dude was a hell of a blocker, and caught the ball when asked to do it.  Granted, he was never going to be a serious downfield threat like Eifert, Uzomah, or even Kroft, but solid blocking and reliable hands counts for a lot.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2018, 11:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: At this point, with the TEs dropping like flies, and the OL continuing to struggle, I'm wondering if letting go of Hewitt wasn't such a good idea.  Dude was a hell of a blocker, and caught the ball when asked to do it.  Granted, he was never going to be a serious downfield threat like Eifert, Uzomah, or even Kroft, but solid blocking and reliable hands counts for a lot.

Looking that way now for sure.

Reply/Quote