Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injury Update on Alex Cappa
ZT saiid it wasn’t his knee and it’s his ankle. So there’s Nothing torn or in need of surgery? Alex will not be ready for this Sunday’s Wildcard game vs. the Ravens.

Is he dealing with a high ankle sprain? If so, that’s a long nagging injury 5-6 weeks. RICE protocols for 2-weeks before even trying to put pressure on the injured ligaments. They’ve been kinda hush hush about what exactly is going on here…..
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 08:52 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: ZT saiid it wasn’t his knee and it’s his ankle.  So there’s Nothing torn or in need of surgery?   Alex will not be ready for this Sunday’s Wildcard game vs. the Ravens.  

Is he dealing with a high ankle sprain?  If so, that’s a long nagging injury 5-6 weeks.  RICE protocols for 2-weeks before even trying to put pressure on the injured ligaments.   They’ve been kinda hush hush about what exactly is going on here…..

High ankle usually 6 weeks maybe longer.  I watched the video, it looked bad to my eyes but they have completed testing and will give timeline.  There is a chance he could play IMO the earliest would be the SB.  But as fans, we do not have information.  If Max plays well, then at least Cap can be back by next training camp and Bengals have a solid backup RG.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 09:25 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: High ankle usually 6 weeks maybe longer.  I watched the video, it looked bad to my eyes but they have completed testing and will give timeline.  There is a chance he could play IMO the earliest would be the SB.  But as fans, we do not have information.  If Max plays well, then at least Cap can be back by next training camp and Bengals have a solid backup RG.  

Sharping is a FA next year and currently has the highest salary if any non-starter on the Bengals roster at $2.54 mil. 

If he plays really well, he may price himself out of town. 
Reply/Quote
Hoping it's a high-ankle! Whether he's ready for the playoffs or not, simple standard recovery with no need for reconstructive surgery. He'll have a full offseason and be ready for camp next year. Boom.

As for the effects on this team... there's a reason we signed Scharping. I doubt he was expecting to be a backup all year. He probably wasn't expecting to be RG either but it's just as well. Opportunity knocks.
Reply/Quote
Cappa definitely good to go next season. But what about RT?

Many are projecting Kyler Murray won't play much at all next season and he tore his ACL 2 weeks earlier than LC...

Be interesting to see how we handle this.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 09:49 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Sharping is a FA next year and currently has the highest salary if any non-starter on the Bengals roster at $2.54 mil. 

If he plays really well, he may price himself out of town. 

Scharping will have to chance to justify his salary or to make the case for his agent to say he is worth every penny of the $2.54-Million.  Really, if you watch his highlights with the Texans he looks pretty darn good.  As someone said, He's not the same talent as Cappa, but he's still pretty darn good.  I think we can count on him getting the job done. 
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 10:49 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Cappa definitely good to go next season.   But what about RT?

Many are projecting Kyler Murray won't play much at all next season and he tore his ACL 2 weeks earlier than LC...

I don't think they can count on LC being available next year, at least early on. He is bigger and older so I could see him taking a while to get back to 100%, if he ever does. I really think OT needs to be priority #1 this offseason, through FA, the draft or both. 
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 10:00 PM)tms Wrote: Hoping it's a high-ankle! Whether he's ready for the playoffs or not, simple standard recovery with no need for reconstructive surgery. He'll have a full offseason and be ready for camp next year. Boom.

As for the effects on this team... there's a reason we signed Scharping. I doubt he was expecting to be a backup all year. He probably wasn't expecting to be RG either but it's just as well. Opportunity knocks.

I'm hoping it is a low ankle and he's back in 3 weeks.
Reply/Quote
Kudos to the organization going out and picking up a backup that has been a starter and with a lot of experience
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 10:14 AM)Garrus Wrote: I don't think they can count on LC being available next year, at least early on. He is bigger and older so I could see him taking a while to get back to 100%, if he ever does. I really think OT needs to be priority #1 this offseason, through FA, the draft or both. 

The early timetable for LC was 6-7 months. All tears are not the same. LC's looks to be on the less severe side. Which aligns with thexearly optimism it was less severe. Though recovery timetables can certainly hit snags as well (infection, unexpected swelling, etc). 
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 12:08 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm hoping it is a low ankle and he's back in 3 weeks.

I'm just happy it's not the knee.  Although, after watching the replay it looks like it would be an anterior ankle ligament as to the blow coming from the posterior side.  

After listening to the Bengals Booth Podcast, and what Frank Pollock had to say regarding Cappa.  This guy is a field general and can see the field like the guys upstairs and is usually one step ahead of the defense.   Let him heal, we need this guy around for many years to come. 

Scharping will get the job done!! Tiger
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 10:49 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Cappa definitely good to go next season.   But what about RT?

they need OT this draft to groom behind Williams and if Hakeem doesn't sustain his success.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2023, 04:17 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: they need OT this draft to groom behind Williams and if Hakeem doesn't sustain his success.  

I think it would be wise to get a lineman, and finally, they can say they are capable of drafting a starter in Volson! Should help with any indecision going forward!
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote