Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injury bug bites Packers
Sad thoughts and warmest regards to our resident Packer/Bengal fan, Packerbacker.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-packers-fear-season-ending-injury-for-lb-jake-ryan/ar-BBLhpRH?ocid=spartandhp

Quote:The Green Bay Packers might have lost one of their starting defensive players just four practices into the 2018 season.

Linebacker Jake Ryan was carted off the practice field with a knee injury Monday afternoon, and the Packers are now expecting bad news.
According to Rob Demovsky of ESPN, the Packers fear "a significant and potentially season-ending injury" to Ryan's right knee.
A 12-game starter for the Packers last season, Ryan has proven to be an effective run stopper playing alongside linebacker Blake Martinez. The Michigan product recorded 213 total tackles during his first three NFL seasons.
After practice, Martinez said Ryan was "devastated" about the injury.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Hate to see anybody get injured, especially season ending.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
And, the Panthers are down 2 starters for the season already....
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2018, 10:17 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sad thoughts and warmest regards to our resident Packer/Bengal fan, Packerbacker.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-packers-fear-season-ending-injury-for-lb-jake-ryan/ar-BBLhpRH?ocid=spartandhp

This guy?  Middle aged women everywhere will be happy to finally know where he is. They've been looking for him for over 30 years. Hilarious
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2018, 03:26 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: This guy?  Middle aged women everywhere will be happy to finally know where he is. They've been looking for him for over 30 years. Hilarious

Don't judge.  Mellow   Packerbacker is genuine and sincere individual.  The world could use a few more guys with his strong moral character and work ethic.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2018, 07:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Don't judge.  Mellow   Packerbacker is genuine and sincere individual.  The world could use a few more guys with his strong moral character and work ethic.

Not knocking Jake Ryan, Im sure he's a great guy and I feel badly for anyone who loses a season to injury, but when I hear that name, this is the first person who comes to mind. 

You've got to be old af to know what I talking about. 
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2018, 09:12 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Not knocking Jake Ryan, Im sure he's a great guy and I feel badly for anyone who loses a season to injury, but when I hear that name, this is the first person who comes to mind. 

I'll be 50 in February, I believe that qualifies as "old af"..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2018, 09:12 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Not knocking Jake Ryan, Im sure he's a great guy and I feel badly for anyone who loses a season to injury, but when I hear that name, this is the first person who comes to mind. 

I'm 52 and that dude is the very first thing i thought about as soon as i read that Packer dude's name. 

I love John Hughes movies.  ThumbsUp

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2018, 09:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'll be 50 in February, I believe that qualifies as "old af"..

Im not far behind you. Clip is from 16 Candles. Jake Ryan was Molly Ringwald's love interest. All of the girls in Jr High went crazy for him then, and now they're middle aged soccer moms. 
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2018, 09:13 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Im not far behind you. Clip is from 16 Candles. Jake Ryan was Molly Ringwald's love interest. All of the girls in Jr High went crazy for him then, and now they're middle aged soccer moms. 

See, there's the problem.  I never watched 16 candles, but I did watch The Breakfast Club too many times.  I had good thoughts of Molly Ringwald, like 'no more yankey my wankey" type of thoughts.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2018, 09:11 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm 52 and that dude is the very first thing i thought about as soon as i read that Packer dude's name. 

I love John Hughes movies.  ThumbsUp

Welcome to the club ya old bastard. John Hughes movies are iconic. Big part of my adolescence. I love when I catch one of them on a Saturday or Sunday on TV. I'll stop what Im doing and watch them all over again. Same with Goodfellas. 

What am I a clown? Do I amuse you? 

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2018, 09:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: See, there's the problem.  I never watched 16 candles, but I did watch The Breakfast Club too many times.  I had good thoughts of Molly Ringwald, like 'no more yankey my wankey" type of thoughts.

Molly was a beauty. 
Reply/Quote