Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injury report
Mackenzie Alexander and Logan Wilson only Bengals to not practice. Geno got in a limited session
Reply/Quote
I seriously don't get why the Bengals didn't put Atkins on IR given that IR is only a minimum of 3 weeks for this year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 07:33 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I seriously don't get why the Bengals didn't put Atkins on IR given that IR is only a minimum of 3 weeks for this year.

It's been pretty clear how badly we have needed him thus far.  Had he been able to go this past Sunday (and I do believe he could have made enough of a difference to deliver a W instead of a T), he would not have been allowed.

As to the OP, I'm a little concerned that Wilson is out with a concussion so early in his career...
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 07:33 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I seriously don't get why the Bengals didn't put Atkins on IR given that IR is only a minimum of 3 weeks for this year.

They could have carried a third kicker with that spot. Thanks, Mike Brown.
Reply/Quote
geno pulling an AJ, staying fresh for when it matters
Reply/Quote

Because it was a week-to-week thing; you're talking from hindsight.

If he was put on IR but was good to go Thursday night or last week, people would complain why we put him on IR.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 09:57 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Because it was a week-to-week thing; you're talking from hindsight.

If he was put on IR but was good to go Thursday night or last week, people would complain why we put him on IR.

I guess, but I got the same vibes with Atkins that we saw with AJ Green last year.
Given that IR was only 3 weeks, it didn't seem that big of a deal to me to put him on IR.
But, as you state, perhaps it was not known how long he'd potentially be out.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 07:46 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: It's been pretty clear how badly we have needed him thus far.  Had he been able to go this past Sunday (and I do believe he could have made enough of a difference to deliver a W instead of a T), he would not have been allowed.

As to the OP, I'm a little concerned that Wilson is out with a concussion so early in his career...

I’d temper my expectations on Atkins. He’s an aging player coming off an injury with no games played yet, so football shape is crap. He’ll take a couple games to round into shape.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 09:41 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: geno pulling an AJ, staying fresh for when it matters

I don't understand...when will it "matter" if not now?
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 11:57 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I guess, but I got the same vibes with Atkins that we saw with AJ Green last year.
Given that IR was only 3 weeks, it didn't seem that big of a deal to me to put him on IR.
But, as you state, perhaps it was not known how long he'd potentially be out.

That's what I've gathered throughout the whole process.

As for it being an AJ thing, I never got those vibes at all, mainly for the fact that Geno has been on the rehab field since week 2, while AJ didn't sniff the rehab field until week 13 or something lol.

I look for him to be back this week though, even if it is just to play a dozen snaps on third down (and Bledsoe inactive).
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 07:05 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Mackenzie Alexander and Logan Wilson only Bengals to not practice. Geno got in a limited session

Hope both are ready to go Sunday. I like both these guys, very good additions.

Wilson just had his best game, hope this is a one time thing with the concussion.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2020, 10:17 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I don't understand...when will it "matter" if not now?

When he is a FA and can get out of town?

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Wilson didn't practice again so I think we can rule him out for Sunday.

I wonder if we'll get to see Markus Bailey for a few snaps this week?
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2020, 06:18 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: Wilson didn't practice again so I think we can rule him out for Sunday.

I wonder if we'll get to see Markus Bailey for a few snaps this week?

Damn, Wilson played one hell of a game against the Eagles.

But I do like Bailey a lot. Just think it will take him some time as usual with rookies. I really like Pratt and ADG.

Think our LB core will be muchly improved as the season goes on.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2020, 12:33 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: I’d temper my expectations on Atkins. He’s an aging player coming off an injury with no games played yet, so football shape is crap. He’ll take a couple games to round into shape.

Not to mention that, for him, being a DT, a shoulder injury is a big deal.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2020, 10:17 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I don't understand...when will it "matter" if not now?

Very true...maybe it never matters again for him. Big Grin
Reply/Quote
Wilson out maybe it’s Bailey time
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Looks like Geno won't play Sunday.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2020/10/2/21498937/jaguars-news-geno-atkins-injury-nfl-week-4-bengals-jags?fbclid=IwAR1B15AWvqbZGpYinlNALkCwDStfZLGQ3vDoq5vQj0435_qhgxiShTGH-i8
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote