Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injury reports week 17
Look who was a full participant! Cam Sample may be out but Khalid Kareem is back. Hopefully tomorrow we will hear good news on DJ Reader and Wyatt Ray returning from the COVID list (Thursday is the earliest return day)

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Great news with Logan Wilson and Kareem! Cool
Reply/Quote
If Logan is really ready that means a lot with regards to Kelce especially.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 06:19 PM)Joelist Wrote: If Logan is really ready that means a lot with regards to Kelce especially.

The reports from ESPN 1530 today was that Wilson was "very" doubtful for Sunday.  Nervous
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 06:55 PM)BengalRed Wrote: The reports from ESPN 1530 today was that Wilson was "very" doubtful for Sunday.  Nervous

That has changed and that is ESPN, take it with a grain of salt. Zac said he feels good and was a full participant in practice today.

Depends on how sore he is I imagine in a couple days.
Reply/Quote
Maybe at least now,with Wilson likely returning,they can at least slow Kelce down.Andrews went off on them in their last game against the Ravens.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 06:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That has changed and that is ESPN, take it with a grain of salt. Zac said he feels good and was a full participant in practice today.

Depends on how sore he is I imagine in a couple days.

This is great news. BTW it wasn't national ESPN that said that Wilson was very doubtful, it was Charlie Goldsmith of Cincinnati.com when he was being interviewed by Austin Elmore on Cincy 360. Seems like he'd have some inside info but maybe this news came out later.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 07:14 PM)BengalRed Wrote: This is great news. BTW it wasn't national ESPN that said that Wilson was very doubtful, it was Charlie Goldsmith of Cincinnati.com when he was being interviewed by Austin Elmore on Cincy 360. Seems like he'd have some inside info but maybe this news came out later.

Cool, just whenever I see ESPN I take it with a grain of salt even if it is Charlie. It is great news Wilson as a full participant 
in practice on a Wednesday of all days. Definitely is early in the week so it is almost likely he plays unless he is really sore 
like I said. Still should be enough days to rest up if that is the case too. 

Just hope Logan is 100% so he doesn't reaggravate the shoulder, we need him against the Stains in the last game even if
we beat the Chiefs most likely. Need him in the playoffs if we make it.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals should learn from their history and not hasten Wilson's return in a playoff push. Peter Warrick came back early from an minor knee injury and was never the same again. He was on the field for only a handful of snaps with Carson Palmer the following season. Imagine what they could have done with a healthy Warrick for the rest of that decade.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 07:14 PM)BengalRed Wrote: This is great news. BTW it wasn't national ESPN that said that Wilson was very doubtful, it was Charlie Goldsmith of Cincinnati.com when he was being interviewed by Austin Elmore on Cincy 360. Seems like he'd have some inside info but maybe this news came out later.

according to Zac, Logan showed a huge level of improvement in the last 48 hours.  It was announced he would be practicing at the noon press conference.  Even then, the impression was that he would still be limited

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 07:48 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: The Bengals should learn from their history and not hasten Wilson's return in a playoff push. Peter Warrick came back early from an minor knee injury and was never the same again. He was on the field for only a handful of snaps with Carson Palmer the following season. Imagine what they could have done with a healthy Warrick for the rest of that decade.

Yes, learn from that bad move...

Sucks terribly bad when you waste a great young player's career by bringing them back too early.
Reply/Quote
Logan was full go today. I'm sure they are not going to risk his career here but if he can play he needs to - this game is WAY too important for anyone who can play to miss.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 10:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, learn from that bad move...

Sucks terribly bad when you waste a great young player's career by bringing them back too early.

We don't have a choice right now. Everything is on the line.. I don’t believe them, when they say this had nothing to do with Pratt.. We are toast with Bailey and practice squad guys..
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 10:56 PM)Joelist Wrote: Logan was full go today. I'm sure they are not going to risk his career here but if he can play he needs to - this game is WAY too important for anyone who can play to miss.

(12-29-2021, 10:57 PM)Tony Wrote: We don't have a choice right now. Everything is on the line.. I don’t believe them, when they say this had nothing to do with Pratt.. We are toast with Bailey and practice squad guys..

I agree with you guys especially after hearing about Logan in the weight room strengthening himself up.

He is a Wyomin' boy afterall. We are quick healers and can take pain more than most. Logan is young and sounds ready to go.

Should be fun and he might of needed the rest as he wasn't playing his best ball before the injury and that could of been from
getting worn out. Dude was our tackling machine the entire year before the injury.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 06:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Great news with Logan Wilson and Kareem! Cool

NEED READER!!!
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 10:56 PM)Joelist Wrote: Logan was full go today. I'm sure they are not going to risk his career here but if he can play he needs to - this game is WAY too important for anyone who can play to miss.

Especially with Pratt on COVID list.  LB is paper thin.  

I really like how Bailey is playing, and I love the "Giant Killer" nature of Purdue.  Here is a chance to slay the biggest giant in the league right now. 
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 09:46 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: NEED READER!!!

I asked DJ on twitter if he was feeling better...his answer was "YES YES"

Reply/Quote
No change from yesterday except for the unseen activation of DJ Reader. Brandon Allen should be able to return before the game too if he is feeling ok. Oh and despite the long snapper signed to the PS, it is apparently a just in case type of signing. Clark Harris is ok

Reply/Quote
D next year might be real killers with all the LBs coming back and not a lot of dropoff anywhere other than maybe Apple and possibly Bates, but i have a hunch he gets resigned this off season. If not find a good FA to replace him.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Lou did not sound promising in regards to Wilson. Said he didn't want to get his hopes up.
Reply/Quote