Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injury reports week 6
D'Ante Smith being dinged is not good

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 05:54 PM)pally Wrote: D'Ante Smith being dinged is not good

Has he even played? How did he get hurt?
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 07:05 PM)Tony Wrote: Has he even played? How did he get hurt?

walking up the stairs?  tripping over a drunk?  practice?

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 07:36 PM)pally Wrote: walking up the stairs?  tripping over a drunk?  practice?

I guess I'd go with practice, but ya never do know... Maybe he rides a bike to practice and his foot slipped off the Pedal and it smashed into his knee... 
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 05:54 PM)pally Wrote: D'Ante Smith being dinged is not good

This may come back to bite me, but I am somewhat curious how Trey Hill could handle the Center duties.  Looks like we will see Smith in his first action at RG.  This could be huge if both of these guys have a good game.  The Bengals have said they like Smith a lot, and although we haven't heard as much about Hill, they did let Price go knowing he was the only backup.

Detroit is without Ragnow, just FYI.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Smith went from limited yesterday to out today. Not the way we hoped he would be trending, Hoping he was held out as a cautionary thing. Otherwise, I assume that Fred Johnson gets the start unless somehow Carman clears COVID protocol.
I suspect we will see Trey Hopkins on this report every week for the rest of the season. He'll rest on Wednesdays and be limited the rest of the week.
Mixon will remain on a practice pitch count until the ankle is 100%

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 05:15 PM)pally Wrote: Smith went from limited yesterday to out today.  Not the way we hoped he would be trending,  Hoping he was held out as a cautionary thing.  Otherwise, I assume that Fred Johnson gets the start unless somehow Carman clears COVID protocol.
I suspect we will see Trey Hopkins on this report every week for the rest of the season.  He'll rest on Wednesdays and be limited the rest of the week.
Mixon will remain on a practice pitch count until the ankle is 100%

Part of me would rather go Hopkins at RG and Hill at C vs Hopkins at C and Johnson at RG.
We've seen Johnson at OG before, and it's not good.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 05:55 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Part of me would rather go Hopkins at RG and Hill at C vs Hopkins at C and Johnson at RG.
We've seen Johnson at OG before, and it's not good.

Can't Hill play all the interior positions? Thought he could, would rather keep Hop at C where he is better than he is at Guard.

Would be cool if Hill could fill in at RG for Carman if he can't go.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 05:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Can't Hill play all the interior positions? Thought he could, would rather keep Hop at C where he is better than he is at Guard.

Maybe, but I know he's listed as a C and on the depth chart as the backup C, so I assume he's been spending a majority of his time there vs OG.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Johnson is listed as the guard backup for both sides

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 05:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Can't Hill play all the interior positions? Thought he could, would rather keep Hop at C where he is better than he is at Guard.

Hill came out of HS as the #3 rated OG in the nation and started his career at UGA playing RG. He's 6'4" 320 with 33.75" arms. I'd love to see what he can do at RG.

I was never a fan at putting D'Ante Smith at RG. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 08:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hill came out of HS as the #3 rated OG in the nation and started his career at UGA playing RG. He's 6'4" 320 with 33.75" yards. I'd love to see what he can do at RG.

I was never a fan at putting D'Ante Smith at RG. 

Yeah, sounds about right and I agree that D'Ante fits LG more so than RG which is more of the mauling Guard position.

Trey Hill could be a major steal for us in the interior. Great anchor dude, try and move that guy.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote