Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injury roundup: Bengals receiver A.J. Green ruled out
Well so much for him reaching 1000 yards this season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000765134/article/injury-roundup-bengals-receiver-aj-green-ruled-out
Reply/Quote
I hope AJ is Mad, xD.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I thought they should let him get his yards, until I read what the doctor said and what could happen. Sitting him is the correct call...
Reply/Quote
Well, he will not break the record. However, if he got a more serious injury, he would not be playing at all anymore. In a meaningless game, sit him out.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 04:41 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I thought they should let him get his yards, until I read what the doctor said and what could happen. Sitting him is the correct call...

(12-28-2016, 05:12 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Well, he will not break the record. However, if he got a more serious injury, he would not be playing at all anymore. In a meaningless game, sit him out.

This. Too bad but it was the right thing to do.

Those tears can screw up a career if you don't let them fully heal.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 04:41 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I thought they should let him get his yards, until I read what the doctor said and what could happen. Sitting him is the correct call...

What did the doctor say?
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 09:33 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: What did the doctor say?
"Too many yards is not good for a hamstring.".
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Said something to the effect that if he retore the hamstring it could linger into next season.

It isn't worth it and i agree.
Reply/Quote

Grade 2 hamstring tear, plus a torn tendon. If he plays there was a good chance it would completely tear away from the bone. Not worth the risk.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 01:50 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Grade 2 hamstring tear, plus a torn tendon. If he plays there was a good chance it would completely tear away from the bone. Not worth the risk.

I've always been told total tears heal better than partial tears.

That was in reference to the knee tendons, so maybe the hammy is different.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 04:10 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I hope AJ is Mad, xD.

Green should be very upset and disappointed.

But he should not be mad at the Bengals over this decision.  That would be acting like a selfish baby.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 01:50 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Grade 2 hamstring tear, plus a torn tendon. If he plays there was a good chance it would completely tear away from the bone. Not worth the risk.

Did the doctor say that?  Or did the team say that?  Kinda like the team claimed Braham's tibial plateau fracture was a bone bruise?

Fact is , we have no idea what the doctor actually said. We only know what the team wants us to think the doctor said. 
Reply/Quote
If he's going to be out, then just IR him and call up Alonzo Russell.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 03:56 PM)Shepdawg Wrote: Well so much for him reaching 1000 yards this season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000765134/article/injury-roundup-bengals-receiver-aj-green-ruled-out

I have a question.  Does the fact that he didn't reach 1000 yards mean he misses out on a bonus or something?  I was wondering if that's why Mike Brown won't let him play and get his 36 yards.  I'm really asking because I don't know.  I'm not trying to stir anything up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
AJ ruled out and absent.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6438/aj-green
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 05:43 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: If he's going to be out, then just IR him and call up Alonzo Russell.

We just called up Kumerow.

I like Russell though and that should be the move if it is possible. Should be.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 06:25 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I have a question.  Does the fact that he didn't reach 1000 yards mean he misses out on a bonus or something?  I was wondering if that's why Mike Brown won't let him play and get his 36 yards.  I'm really asking because I don't know.  I'm not trying to stir anything up.

From my understanding, no.  His 4 year $60 million extension doesn't seem to have a bonus attached to it for reaching this milestone.  
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 02:45 AM)Shepdawg Wrote: From my understanding, no.  His 4 year $60 million extension doesn't seem to have a bonus attached to it for reaching this milestone.  

Jim O just confirmed your understanding. This is protecting AJ Green's career whether him nor us like it or not.

He is a competitor and wants to go and i would too if it was me but this is the correct move for everyone involved.
Reply/Quote