Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injury update-week 16
Huge loss for our playoff chances....

However maybe we get Reader back on a discount...
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 08:22 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: This really sucks for both the team AND Reader moving forward. Isn't this his second quad injury since being here? Coming up on age 30 and looking for another contract. I feel so damn bad for him. I expect Tufule to be a gameday-active moving forward. Don't we have a DT stashed on the PS as well? DT room is gonna have to step up big time in Reader's absence!

yeah he tore a quad in his first season 

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 08:26 PM)Synric Wrote: It's going to be interesting how it affects free agency. Reader would have been a solid resign even at his age but thr Bengals don't have a nose tackle for 2024 and Reader could miss part of that season?

[Image: usa_today_19020560.jpg]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Injuries in the final games of the season has killed us the past couple years.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 08:58 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Injuries in the final games of the season has killed us the past couple years.

Chase and Reader are irreplaceable, but CTB might be back for the KC game. That would be big.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 08:26 PM)Synric Wrote: It's going to be interesting how it affects free agency. Reader would have been a solid resign even at his age but thr Bengals don't have a nose tackle for 2024 and Reader could miss part of that season?

Honestly I think Tupou and Tufele have proven they can handle the job.  Neither of them are as good as Reader, as there are only so many elite run stuffing DTs out there, but they can get the job done.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 07:46 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: They need to make that a penalty (throwing a blocker into a Fair Catcher).

Someone's going to get seriously hurt if teams start purposely doing that.
(12-16-2023, 07:51 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I agree. What's the difference between a gunner flying in and popping you before you catch it or someone being shoved into you?
If Jones was allowed to catch it cleanly . . . the defender would have hit him because he was standing inside his fair catch space directly after pushing the blocker through Jones.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 09:04 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Honestly I think Tupou and Tufele have proven they can handle the job.  Neither of them are as good as Reader, as there are only so many elite run stuffing DTs out there, but they can get the job done.

Tufele has been inactive every game except for the 2 that Tupou has been injured.  Zach Carter was backing up Tupou today

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 09:19 PM)pally Wrote: Tufele has been inactive every game except for the 2 that Tupou has been injured.  Zach Carter was backing up Tupou today

I understand that.  We only keep two NT's active for a game.  Tufele's action has always been when Reader or Tupou were inactive, but my point is he has done well as the number two in those instances.
Reply/Quote
NFLN just said separated shoulder for Chase...
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 09:54 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: NFLN just said separated shoulder for Chase...

I just came here to say that. They also said more tests tomorrow, but still hope that Chase won't lose any time. 

I guess we are down again to Grade 1, Grade 2 commentary..
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 09:54 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: NFLN just said separated shoulder for Chase...

Best case scenario grade 1 and he’s back in a couple weeks (hopefully for a playoff run). Anything worse than that and it’s probably a wrap on his season.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 09:56 PM)Nepa Wrote: I just came here to say that. They also said more tests tomorrow, but still hope that Chase won't lose any time. 

I guess we are down again to Grade 1, Grade 2 commentary..

(12-16-2023, 09:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Best case scenario grade 1 and he’s back in a couple weeks (hopefully for a playoff run). Anything worse than that and it’s probably a wrap on his season.

The sad thing is he went to the ground to avoid getting rocked and ended up having his shoulder impact a bunch of legs like a bowling ball hitting the pins.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 09:32 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I understand that.  We only keep two NT's active for a game.  Tufele's action has always been when Reader or Tupou were inactive, but my point is he has done well as the number two in those instances.
Yep, this is why I expect him to be gameday-active from here on out.
Reply/Quote
Apparently the hope is that he won't miss any time according to Garafolo on the NFL Network
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 08:22 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: This really sucks for both the team AND Reader moving forward. Isn't this his second quad injury since being here? Coming up on age 30 and looking for another contract. I feel so damn bad for him. I expect Tufule to be a gameday-active moving forward. Don't we have a DT stashed on the PS as well? DT room is gonna have to step up big time in Reader's absence!

Domenique Davis is on the PS.  He looked real good in preseason but of course that is preseason so you never know how that will translate to real games when you are going up against better talent all game long.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 10:25 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Domenique Davis is on the PS.  He looked real good in preseason but of course that is preseason so you never know how that will translate to real games when you are going up against better talent all game long.

Yes, he did. I didn't watch a lot of pre-season but I did see and hear his name a lot ''Who was th . . . DAVIS? Who is Davis?''
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Fantastic win. But costly. Feel so bad for the DJ's.

We showed incredible fight, though.
Reply/Quote
It is not outside the realm of possibilities that DJ Reader misses all of next season. Seahawks player Jamal Adams was out over a year after tearing his quad tendon

Reply/Quote
A loss of Chase wouldn't be crippling against Steelers I feel like having him available would be our only realistic shot of beating Chiefs in Arrowhead
Reply/Quote