Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injury updates
John Ross practicing. Adam Jones on rehab field. No sign of Tyler Boyd. So some things are looking up.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Look for Tyler Boyd driving a Mercedes. I'm sure that's why he's not practicing right now
Reply/Quote
Ross would be big. He will force teams to pull out of the box a bit. Pitt has a really good defense, need to have the ball in Ross' hands at least 5 times in that game. With his speed, anytime he touches it he has a chance to score
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 02:51 PM)pally Wrote: John Ross practicing.  Adam Jones on rehab field.  No sign of Tyler Boyd.  So some things are looking up.

AWESOME!!!

WhoDey2
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Ross was returning punts Monday. It's an unofficial practice, so we may not hear all the details.

WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 03:02 PM)Brimey Wrote: Ross would be big. He will force teams to pull out of the box a bit. Pitt has a really good defense, need to have the ball in Ross' hands at least 5 times in that game. With his speed, anytime he touches it he has a chance to score

That would all depend on whether or not Marv decides to play him. 
Reply/Quote
Not sure how I feel about Ross returning against the Steelers. Mitchell can head hunt without repercussion and Burfict can't retaliate or he is banned from league for a similar or hit.

I say hold him out one more week at the least.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 03:55 PM)jj22 Wrote: Not sure how I feel about Ross returning against the Steelers. Mitchell can head hunt without repercussion and Burfict can't retaliate or he is banned from league for a similar or hit.

Alot of the guys people are comparing Ross started out as explosive returners. I say give it a chance.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 03:55 PM)jj22 Wrote: Not sure how I feel about Ross returning against the Steelers. Mitchell can head hunt without repercussion and Burfict can't retaliate or he is banned from league for a similar or hit.

Would Bill Billichek hold a player out who might help his team win out of concern that they might get head hunted? Doubtful. He'd probably tell refs to so their jobs and not let people get away with spearing. 
Reply/Quote
Ross can barely survive a reverse. You guys really going to throw him to the wolves (Mitchell and Shazier)....

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Kirkpatrick?
Reply/Quote
Kirkpatrick practiced as well. Ross did practice, but was not a part of the contact drills. He is not very likely to play Sunday. Here's to hoping Cody Core gets a shot outside if Ross can't go, and move Lafell to slot, but put him behind Erickson.
Reply/Quote
The PacMan injury is a blessing in disguise...........let WJIII play

With that being said I still like #24 returning punts.......
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote

Couldn't agree more. Between the low life dirtbag combo or mitchell and shazier, Ross could have his season ended without so much as a flag being thrown. I'd rather hold him out another week and make sure he is good to go and actually get to see him play a little before the cheap shot squad gets a chance to take him out.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2017, 03:47 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Couldn't agree more. Between the low life dirtbag combo or mitchell and shazier, Ross could have his season ended without so much as a flag being thrown. I'd rather hold him out another week and make sure he is good to go and actually get to see him play a little before the cheap shot squad gets a chance to take him out.

Mitchell has expanded his repertoire, adding taking out knees to his standby head hunting.  He's growing as a player.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 04:56 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Would Bill Billichek hold a player out who might help his team win out of concern that they might get head hunted? Doubtful. He'd probably tell refs to so their jobs and not let people get away with spearing. 

I think the real question is why is Marv holding out Ross?  Is is really an injury or something more?  I have no inside information and believe me, I have tried.  No one seems to understand it.  

It begs the question when I watch Vigil play like a Pro Bowler...why was he sitting last year behind an ancient Carlos Dansby?  A fat and slow Maualuga?  Because he "didn't know the playbook" or some crap like that?

I am further flummoxed by the use of Brandon Lafell for a majority of offensive plays over Boyd (I get he is injured now), Cody Core (I have no clue), Alex Erickson (who catches everything thrown to him and has this little extra bonus called yards after the catch).  

At least Mixon is getting more opportunities over the useless Hill.  
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2017, 09:26 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think the real question is why is Marv holding out Ross?  Is is really an injury or something more?  I have no inside information and believe me, I have tried.  No one seems to understand it.  

It begs the question when I watch Vigil play like a Pro Bowler...why was he sitting last year behind an ancient Carlos Dansby?  A fat and slow Maualuga?  Because he "didn't know the playbook" or some crap like that?

I am further flummoxed by the use of Brandon Lafell for a majority of offensive plays over Boyd (I get he is injured now), Cody Core (I have no clue), Alex Erickson (who catches everything thrown to him and has this little extra bonus called yards after the catch).  

At least Mixon is getting more opportunities over the useless Hill.  

I just read the article at the Bengals website and according to Ross, he knows the plays. The conspiracy person in me  says, this was the plan all along. Wait till after the bye and bust him out! LoL 
 I think the real reason is, he came back to early and just strained his knee when it was strong enough.
As for your other questions, only Marvin knows. I honestly think Guenther telling the media lastyear, we were old and slow on defense and had to get younger, kind of rattled him because he knew Paulie was right.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2017, 12:24 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I just read the article at the Bengals website and according to Ross, he knows the plays. The conspiracy person in me  says, this was the plan all along. Wait till after the bye and bust him out! LoL 
 I think the real reason is, he came back to early and just strained his knee when it was strong enough.
As for your other questions, only Marvin knows. I honestly think Guenther telling the media lastyear, we were old and slow on defense and had to get younger, kind of rattled him because he knew Paulie was right.

That was the point where Marv really lost me...Paulie was 100% right, and whether you agree with his assessment being portrayed through the media was acceptable or not, Marv's retaliation was a complete abomination.  
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 08:07 PM)corpjet Wrote: The PacMan injury is a blessing in disguise...........let WJIII play

With that being said I still like #24 returning punts.......

Jones has followed AB all over the field in the past and did a good job on him, don't forget AB maybe best receiver in the NFL so I hope Jones is ready to play.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 03:02 PM)Brimey Wrote: Ross would be big. He will force teams to pull out of the box a bit. Pitt has a really good defense, need to have the ball in Ross' hands at least 5 times in that game. With his speed, anytime he touches it he has a chance to score

If he's health - send him deep every play and take them out of their coverage every time,  And if they let up, throw it to him.
Reply/Quote