Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injury updates
Tee Higgins is walking around today with a heavily taped ankle, He will benefit from the extended break.

Devin Asiasi-in a walking boot today, though he is testing it without the boot. If he can't go against Baltimore next man up is PS TE Nick Bowers.

Drew Sample- had knee surgery and Zac said is going on IR "soon". It is expected to be season ending

Next Monday there are 6 players eligible to be activated off of PUP or IR.

Isaiah Prince
Khalid Kareem
Cam Taylor-Britt
Tycen Anderson
Brandon Wilson
Joe Bachie

The team has or will have 2 open roster spots. Kareem and Anderson were dealing with muscle injuries so should be ready to return. Prince was dealing with a wrist injury and CTB with core surgery may need a couple of more weeks.
Wilson and Bachie were still rehabbing from late season ACL tears so both could be ready to go. Bachie I anticipate heading for release and then PS. Brandon Wilson is the biggest question mark but I suspect he may end up the odd man out here. I don't see him cracking the 53. Activation of Prince may lead to either Jackson Carman or D'ante Smith being waived. Probably Smith since he is also a tackle.
There will be a lot of roster chess going on in the next several weeks.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 02:55 PM)pally Wrote: Tee Higgins is walking around today with a heavily taped ankle,  He will benefit from the extended break.

Devin Asiasi-in a walking boot today, though he is testing it without the boot. If he can't go against Baltimore next man up is PS TE Nick Bowers.  

Drew Sample- had knee surgery and Zac said is going on IR "soon".  It is expected to be season ending

Next Monday there are 6 players eligible to be activated off of PUP or IR.  

Isaiah Prince
Khalid Kareem
Cam Taylor-Britt
Tycen Anderson
Brandon Wilson
Joe Bachie

The team has or will have 2 open roster spots. Kareem and Anderson were dealing with muscle injuries so should be ready to return.  Prince was dealing with a wrist injury and CTB with core surgery may need a couple of more weeks.  
Wilson and Bachie were still rehabbing from late season ACL tears so both could be ready to go.  Bachie I anticipate heading for release and then PS.  Brandon Wilson is the biggest question mark but I suspect he may end up the odd man out here.  I don't see him cracking the 53.  Activation of Prince may lead to either Jackson Carman or D'ante Smith being waived.  Probably Smith since he is also a tackle.

Thank you for the update and analysis.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 02:55 PM)pally Wrote: Activation of Prince may lead to either Jackson Carman or D'ante Smith being waived.  Probably Smith since he is also a tackle.

Doubt it.  Smith is active on gamedays.   I think Carman is the odd man out here.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 03:12 PM)Mgbrown66 Wrote: Doubt it.  Smith is active on gamedays.   I think Carman is the odd man out here.

I do think Carman is on shakier ground for the overall line.  The problem for Smith is that Prince is also a tackle.  So that puts Smith, Adeniji, and Prince all vying for 2 backup positions.  Adeniji has played better than Smith and in preseason it looked like Prince was playing better than him too. Smith may be saved because he is a bit more versatile than Carman.  We will see soon enough  

Reply/Quote
I'd like to see Tycen Anderson brought back and placed in a special package to spy Lamar Jackson.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 03:46 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I'd like to see Tycen Anderson brought back and placed in a special package to spy Lamar Jackson.

Why not Dax Hill who is already on the active roster and fully healthy? 
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2022, 05:07 PM)TheFan Wrote: Why not Dax Hill who is already on the active roster and fully healthy? 

"Because." - Zac Taylor
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2022, 05:29 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: "Because." - Zac Taylor

Sounds more like Lou from what has been said.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 02:55 PM)pally Wrote: Devin Asiasi-in a walking boot today, though he is testing it without the boot. If he can't go against Baltimore next man up is PS TE Nick Bowers.

Isn't this his 2nd different injury as a Bengal? First a quad, now a boot.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2022, 06:47 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Isn't this his 2nd different injury as a Bengal? First a quad, now a boot.

Hell of a pickup. LOL
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2022, 05:07 PM)TheFan Wrote: Why not Dax Hill who is already on the active roster and fully healthy? 
I think that would be fine. Tycen seems like he could tackle better/harder (visions of Fulcher dance through my head) and make Lamar skiddish of entering his space.
It's a pipe-dream to think he'd be remotely ready, but fun to think about.

Reply/Quote
Tiger

Nice depth coming back.
Great post!
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2022, 06:12 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Sounds more like Lou from what has been said.

I guess Lou is not giving Perine any snaps and playing Mixon even though he has a 2 yard per carry avg.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2022, 01:06 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: I guess Lou is not giving Perine any snaps and playing Mixon even though he has a 2 yard per carry avg.

?
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2022, 01:06 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: I guess Lou is not giving Perine any snaps and playing Mixon even though he has a 2 yard per carry avg.

I'm just saying that Lou has said he was limiting Dax's play.

As far as your Mixon comment I believe that falls more on Pollack.

Don't get me wrong.  I believe Dax needs to play and RBs like Evans/Perine as well.

Hell I wouldn't mind if they brought up Patrick from the PS if they could.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote

How does this make any sense?  This conversation is about defense and Lou has made a couple statements regarding Dax.  I think everyone else understood the guy's comment.

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2022, 09:12 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I'm just saying that Lou has said he was limiting Dax's play.

As far as your Mixon comment I believe that falls more on Pollack.

Don't get me wrong.  I believe Dax needs to play and RBs like Evans/Perine as well.

Hell I wouldn't mind if they brought up Patrick from the PS if they for Dax to play who are you taking off the field?
For Dax to play, who are you taking off the field?
Reply/Quote
Is he anticipating the Ravens game? Or just as probable, finally getting clear to practice.

Reply/Quote
If Mixon does not improve his 2 yard per carry avg. he will get booed out of the city.

Even if we are winning, we have certain standards and 2 yard per for a running back is not good enough.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2022, 06:20 PM)pally Wrote: Is he anticipating the Ravens game?  Or just as probable, finally getting clear to practice.

How do you counter speed?  With SPEED!  However, I would imagine this is just to practice.  That being said, this could be the game we see more Dax Hill.  At the very least, I hope ADG keeps getting series in rotation with Pratt.  Wilson and ADG might be one of the fastest LB duos in the league.  
Reply/Quote