Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inmates save corrections officer
Who says jails only make criminals worse?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/06/20/georgia-inmates-save-correctional-officer-who-passed-out-during-work-detail/411522001/

Quote:Six of the inmates who were there worked together to help the officer. They opened the officer's shirt, and removed his gun belt and bulletproof vest so that they could perform CPR.  One inmate grabbed the officer's phone and dialed 911. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(06-21-2017, 10:28 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Who says jails only make criminals worse?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/06/20/georgia-inmates-save-correctional-officer-who-passed-out-during-work-detail/411522001/

Even bad people can have a good side.  
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-21-2017, 10:38 AM)GMDino Wrote: Even bad people can have a good side.  

Are they bad people, or just people that might have done a bad thing?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(06-21-2017, 10:56 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Are they bad people, or just people that might have done a bad thing?

You put it better than I did.  But even if they are bad people there's hope there is some good in most of them.

Some, a few, are just bad.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-21-2017, 10:56 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Are they bad people, or just people that might have done a bad thing?

This. I think many people in prison aren't inherently bad people but they have made some bad decisions in life. I'd like to see us as a country of doing a better job of separating those two types of criminals with a better attempt to re acclimate the ones who made bad decisions back into society.
Fluff.

Would have been great to hear what these guys were like chained up for and how much it's costing our poor fiscally conservative republions to house them. Black guy on the end probably walked by a roach 20 years ago.
(06-21-2017, 11:14 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Fluff.  

Would have been great to hear what these guys were like chained up for and how much it's costing our poor fiscally conservative republions to house them.  Black guy on the end probably walked by a roach 20 years ago.

As I understand, Georgia is the only State to still institute chain gangs.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(06-21-2017, 11:26 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: As I understand, Georgia is the only State to still institute chain gangs.

There ain't no good in an evil-hearted woman

And I ain't cut out to be no Jesse James
And you don't go writing hot cheques down in Mississippi
And there ain't no good chain gang
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

(06-21-2017, 12:52 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: There ain't no good in an evil-hearted woman

And I ain't cut out to be no Jesse James
And you don't go writing hot cheques down in Mississippi
And there ain't no good chain gang

Now I know Johnny didn't go spelling "checks" like some prissy Brit.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall