Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Innocent Colorado man stabbed by leftist for his haircut
(08-20-2017, 08:51 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Better question: Why aren't both sides emotionally charged over this trash?

No need to get emotional. That's when you make irrational decisions.

Like stabbing a guy because he has a "nazi" haircut. Or public shame a professor because you think he might look like someone in the Virginia riot.
(08-20-2017, 09:21 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: No need to get emotional. That's when you make irrational decisions.

Like stabbing a guy because he has a "nazi" haircut. Or public shame a professor because you think he might look like someone in the Virginia riot.

Or running a woman down and killing her because she doesn't believe in racial segregation.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-21-2017, 12:09 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Or running a woman down and killing her because she doesn't believe in racial segregation.

Or maybe a lone nutcase being worked up by the media and the violent antifa to act irrationally because it's obvious to everyone the thinks it's ok for leftists to be violent.

Had they just let the small group have their time to say why they want to say to each other then no one gets hurt. Like almost every other white supremecist rally that has been properly permitted.
(08-21-2017, 12:22 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Or maybe a lone nutcase being worked up by the media and the violent antifa to act irrationally because it's obvious to everyone the thinks it's ok for leftists to be violent.

Had they just let the small group have their time to say why they want to say to each other then no one gets hurt. Like almost every other white supremecist rally that has been properly permitted.

See, by blaming his hatred and crime on others, you're defending him.

(08-21-2017, 12:32 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: See, by blaming his hatred and crime on others, you're defending him.

No I have stated he is a nutcase. No where have I defended him or his actions.

Just mentioning the obvious role of the media and antifa. Which is relevant.
(08-21-2017, 12:42 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: No I have stated he is a nutcase. No where have I defended him or his actions.

You just stated that he was "worked up" by the left which caused his "irrational" action of murdering someone.

Shameful.

(08-21-2017, 12:22 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Had they just let the small group have their time to say why they want to say to each other then no one gets hurt. Like almost every other white supremecist rally that has been properly permitted.

Letting white supremacists spout their hate and bigotry unchallenged is harmful to our society. Every time a group of white supremacists, white nationalists, Nazis, whatever, holds a rally or protest, everyone should be there to tell them that we do not agree. We need to speak up and tell them they are wrong, because they are. This isn't something like a difference of opinions on how to apply Keynesian theory to our fiscal policy, this is straight up hatred and bigotry. Letting it go unchallenged is not an option.
(08-21-2017, 08:33 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You just stated that he was "worked up" by the left which caused his "irrational" action of murdering someone.

Shameful.

We've had the victim blaming discussion before, he was always one that didn't understand that.
(08-21-2017, 12:42 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: No I have stated he is a nutcase. No where have I defended him or his actions.

Actually, you stated he was probably just scared.
(08-21-2017, 11:33 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Letting white supremacists spout their hate and bigotry unchallenged is harmful to our society. Every time a group of white supremacists, white nationalists, Nazis, whatever, holds a rally or protest, everyone should be there to tell them that we do not agree. We need to speak up and tell them they are wrong, because they are. This isn't something like a difference of opinions on how to apply Keynesian theory to our fiscal policy, this is straight up hatred and bigotry. Letting it go unchallenged is not an option.

But what if the people opposing the Nazis aren't all good people?  Ninja

What if there was some random event across the country that could be mentioned as possibly inspired by a group that opposed the Nazis?  Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-21-2017, 11:45 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Actually, you stated he was probably just scared.

Then said that he supported the idea of running over protesters with your vehicle.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(08-21-2017, 11:58 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Then said that he supported the idea of running over protesters with your vehicle.

That too.
(08-21-2017, 11:33 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Letting white supremacists spout their hate and bigotry unchallenged is harmful to our society. Every time a group of white supremacists, white nationalists, Nazis, whatever, holds a rally or protest, everyone should be there to tell them that we do not agree. We need to speak up and tell them they are wrong, because they are. This isn't something like a difference of opinions on how to apply Keynesian theory to our fiscal policy, this is straight up hatred and bigotry. Letting it go unchallenged is not an option.

So when you are picked on you just go ahead and fist fight someone. Or do you just call them an idiot and go about your business?
(08-21-2017, 11:45 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Actually, you stated he was probably just scared.

Maybe he was.... irrational behavior happens when your scared and emotional.
(08-20-2017, 08:51 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Better question: Why aren't both sides emotionally charged over this trash?

Because being "emotionally charged" solves nothing and only serves to exacerbate the violence leading to even more people being injured and killed.

On one hand, I agree with you that hate should be challenged, on the other hand, though, I wonder if it wouldn't be better to let them be vocal so we all know who the racist ones are.
(08-21-2017, 08:33 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You just stated that he was "worked up" by the left which caused his "irrational" action of murdering someone.

Shameful.

Unless this was premeditated to run someone over prior to the event then he was obviously worked up by something..... probably not the other 200 unite the right people. Might be that massive group throwing urine, spraying mace, and wearing black masks .

In the end no one knows but him until police sort it out.
(08-21-2017, 01:02 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Because being "emotionally charged" solves nothing and only serves to exacerbate the violence leading to even more people being injured and killed.

On one hand, I agree with you that hate should be challenged, on the other hand, though, I wonder if it wouldn't be better to let them be vocal so we all know who the racist ones are.

Yes, let the idiots expose themselves.

Or we can cheer on the masked people throwing urine and waiving the Soviet flags
(08-21-2017, 01:02 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Because being "emotionally charged" solves nothing and only serves to exacerbate the violence leading to even more people being injured and killed.

Will we be allowed to call them racist then?

If their own words make them racist is it OK to point out those words and call the person a racist in public?

Asking for a friend... Mellow
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Well, the other side sure does seem to get emotionally charged over football players not standing for songs and starbucks cups not saying "Merry Christmas".  You would think they could apply that to something more substantial on occasion.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(08-21-2017, 01:00 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So when you are picked on you just go ahead and fist fight someone. Or do you just call them an idiot and go about your business?

As someone who is a pacifist, I don't respond with violence. Though I usually do my best to insure that they are aware of stupidity of their actions and/or words. So I would say I call them an idiot, make sure they understand they are an idiot, and then go about my way. That is what you are doing by counter-protesting against hatred and bigotry. It's making sure they know they are idiots, and it's also about making sure those they are targeting, which may not even be you, know you think they are idiots.

Also, not to get preachy about it, my understanding of my role as a disciple of Christ is to spread the Gospel. The Gospel teaches us that the two greatest commandments are to love God and to love our neighbors as ourselves. Protesting against hate with a message of love is doing my part as a follower of Jesus to spread his word. Standing on the sidelines is not an option.

(08-21-2017, 01:02 PM)PhilHos Wrote: On one hand, I agree with you that hate should be challenged, on the other hand, though, I wonder if it wouldn't be better to let them be vocal so we all know who the racist ones are.

I'm for them revealing themselves. I'm also for us speaking against them. It's funny, though, when I talk with people about racism as someone in the south with northern ties I talk about how the north is really just as racist a lot of times as the south. We just share the racism out in the open down here.