Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PBS Attendees?
I have season tickets and go to all of them. However I changed jobs and work a lot, so I'm not going to be able to go to 2 games. But I am going to the game @Pittsburgh also.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I went to a lot of games last year. I got seasons tickets this year. Most years I go to one or two.
Reply/Quote
My Son and I go to the Home Opener EVERY year....and then try to make it to 1 or 2 more during the season. Depends on my work schedule....and his finances.
[Image: predator_zps2bkpnoe5.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I used to go quite often. Especially in 2011 with all the blackouts.

The last 3 debacles I went to have soured me on devoting an entire day driving there and back though... Those games were the Chargers playoff loss, the Thursday night thumping Cleveland gave us, and the 2014 home Steelers game where they squandered AJ Green's great day by giving up 21 fourth quarter points.

Beer is cheaper on my couch, and it tastes better.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
section 216 10 years and counting.
Reply/Quote
One game a year.

The only friend from high school that I keep in touch with lives in Mason, but he is not a Bengals fan. So I spend saturday with him and go alone to the game on Sunday. Going alone makes it easy to find a good seat for a reasonable price.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2016, 01:58 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Just curious, how many from here go to at least one game a year at PBS?

I moved to Florida in 1981 and haven't been back since.  Never been to PBS or Great American Ballpark.  Just Nippert, Crosley, and Riverfront.

I never saw a game at Nippert or Crosley. When they blew up Riverfront a piece of me died. The Big Red Machine, back to back World Series, 4192, the Freezer Bowl... truly miss that place and all the history - some called it a cookie cutter, I call it a magical place...

Great American is the worst baseball park I have ever been in. I have been in minor league parks and spring training facilities that are better. PBS is a great stadium, I will say that much. And, I miss going to the games there. Like the OP, I now reside in the sunshine state. OP, if you pass that way in season check out PBS.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 10:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: One game a year.

The only friend from high school that I keep in touch with lives in Mason, but he is not a Bengals fan.  So I spend saturday with him and go alone to the game on Sunday.  Going alone makes it easy to find a good seat for a reasonable price.

We have lots of people in this forum who go to games, we should try to hook for a beer prior to games. We all share a passion, our bengals
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I tried to get to PBS when back in Kentucky visiting my folks. They have moved out to Utah to be by me and my family so those trips will be much fewer.

Try to hit a road game when I can. Did Arizona last year and all set to hit Dallas this year.
Reply/Quote
We have season tickets and rarely miss a home game. We share with other family members, and often go together, or take friends.

I agree with the comment on the stadiums. PBS is a great stadium, but Great American Small Park needed some thinkers in the room during the planning. Been to a few games there, couple a year and don't see it increasing.

The Bengals' games are a lot of fun for us and other family members, and we've made a lot of friends over the years. Haven't seen many losses in the last few years, either.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 12:52 PM)jason Wrote: I used to go quite often. Especially in 2011 with all the blackouts.

The last 3 debacles I went to have soured me on devoting an entire day driving there and back though... Those games were the Chargers playoff loss, the Thursday night thumping Cleveland gave us, and the 2014 home Steelers game where they squandered AJ Green's great day by giving up 21 fourth quarter points.

Beer is cheaper on my couch, and it tastes better.

I went to the Browns game in 2011. Was a great time. A friend and I met some cool Canadian Bengals fans there. They bought me and my friend a few beers. I normally take a few shots before I enter the stadium so I don't spend too much money on beer though.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2016, 12:21 AM)xxlt Wrote:  - some called it a cookie cutter, I call it a magical place...

When is was first built I thought it was the coolest thing ever.  I was about 8 years old and it looked like a spaceship to me.

Went to a bunch of baseball games there over the next decade, but only two Bengal games.
Reply/Quote