Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inside the Koch-Backed Effort to Block the Election-Reform Bill
(03-31-2021, 01:01 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Nah, but denigrative name calling generally does.

I was not calling anyone a name.  I meant that in the general sense. 
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 12:51 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Nah you're right. Nazis, police brutality, bigotry and hate speech are just things people need to get over.

Sure buddy.  Me and Fox and the GOP support all those things.   Smirk
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 02:00 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I was not calling anyone a name.  I meant that in the general sense. 

You may not have been targeting anyone specifically on this board, but it was in a "general sense" still directed at individuals. It was denigrative name calling. It is what it is.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 12:37 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Not being an overly emotional, girly b!@#h about everything that isn't a perfectly harmonized utopia does not make someone an asshole.

This classic. Using 100% ass hole language to try and argue that you are not an ass hole.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 02:07 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Sure buddy.  Me and Fox and the GOP support all those things.   Smirk

I never said you did, but thanks for outing yourself. 

I won't say it'll make it easier to ignore everything you say - that was easy enough already - but I will point out how refreshing it is to see your kind own what you are.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 02:29 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: You may not have been targeting anyone specifically on this board, but it was in a "general sense" still directed at individuals. It was denigrative name calling. It is what it is.

It was meant more as a general state of mind more than it was name calling.  When "you" are so fragile that your life is consumed with tearing down statues and changing names/mascots and crying about Dr. Seuss books I don't know what to say.  I stand by what I said.  How people that mentally weak even make it a day in this world is beyond me.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 03:40 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I never said you did, but thanks for outing yourself. 

I won't say it'll make it easier to ignore everything you say - that was easy enough already - but I will point out how refreshing it is to see your kind own what you are.

Right, that was sarcasm, but you know that.  Ignore away bro.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2021, 02:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This classic. Using 100% ass hole language to try and argue that you are not an ass hole.

Being an asshole would be telling those people directly how they are acting.  I wouldn't do that cause i'm a nice guy.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2021, 09:30 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: It was meant more as a general state of mind more than it was name calling.  When "you" are so fragile that your life is consumed with tearing down statues and changing names/mascots and crying about Dr. Seuss books I don't know what to say.  I stand by what I said.  How people that mentally weak even make it day to day in this world is beyond me.

What about Nike, The Dixie Chicks, Kaepernick, Dr. Seuss (when it is about saving the trees) etc?

Does that make them "mentally weak"?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2021, 09:30 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: It was meant more as a general state of mind more than it was name calling.  When "you" are so fragile that your life is consumed with tearing down statues and changing names/mascots and crying about Dr. Seuss books I don't know what to say.  I stand by what I said.  How people that mentally weak even make it a day in this world is beyond me.

And the denigration continues. Denigration is asshole behavior.

(04-01-2021, 09:35 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Being an asshole would be telling those people directly how they are acting.  I wouldn't do that cause i'm a nice guy.  ThumbsUp

Being an asshole is being denigrative in general. Not saying it to their face shows a lack of courage and conviction. If you feel a way about someone and you aren't willing to say it to their face, then you shouldn't say it at all.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2021, 09:35 AM)GMDino Wrote: What about Nike, The Dixie Chicks, Kaepernick, Dr. Seuss (when it is about saving the trees) etc?

Does that make them "mentally weak"?

Yes.  

And the Dixie Chicks got rid of a cool name cause..............somebody cried.  It was a cool name.  Now they have a PC name.  Congrats.  Now I think of baby chicks instead of a cool country band.

Right, right...It was "offensive".  Of course it was, everything is offensive to people like this and it's old, stale and worn out.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2021, 09:49 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: And the denigration continues. Denigration is asshole behavior.

Being an asshole is being denigrative in general. Not saying it to their face shows a lack of courage and conviction. If you feel a way about someone and you aren't willing to say it to their face, then you shouldn't say it at all.

No, I just don't like being mean to already fragile people.  It could break them.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2021, 09:53 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Yes.  

And the Dixie Chicks got rid of a cool name cause..............somebody cried.  It was a cool name.  Now they have a PC name.  Congrats.  Now I think of baby chicks instead of a cool country band.

Right, right...It was "offensive".  Of course it was, everything is offensive to people like this and it's old, stale and worn out.

Look at you complaining about someone doing something of their own free will.  

So fragile. Weak minded. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2021, 09:33 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Right, that was sarcasm, but you know that.  Ignore away bro.

You're the kind of person who pushes people after they say no to whatever and you keep pushing and pushing until they snap and then you're like 'it's just a joke bro', aren't ya?

Except in this instance, you accidentally outed yourself as one of several universally reviled things and now you're trying to back pedal with the 'it's just a joke bro' defense. 

It's juvenile at best, most likely full on insincere, and undoubtedly hilarious to watch.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2021, 10:14 AM)GMDino Wrote: Look at you complaining about someone doing something of their own free will.  

So fragile. Weak minded. Ninja

That's just an observation and what comes to my mind now when I hear their name.  I personally don't give a hoot if they want a stupid name to appease the PC Police. 

Weak minded would be boycotting the band because you cannot handle the new name, protesting their concerts, burning their posters on Facebook, etc.  

Nice try though.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2021, 10:30 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: You're the kind of person who pushes people after they say no to whatever and you keep pushing and pushing until they snap and then you're like 'it's just a joke bro', aren't ya?

Except in this instance, you accidentally outed yourself as one of several universally reviled things and now you're trying to back pedal with the 'it's just a joke bro' defense. 

It's juvenile at best, most likely full on insincere, and undoubtedly hilarious to watch.

Say what?  Are you serious right now?   lmfao!!!!!!

And it was not a joke, it was sarcasm.  Did you not see the smirk after the comment?

Thanks for the laugh!

You obviously read my posts, so you should know I dislike pretty much all pols on either side and dislike Trump and Biden and pretty much think ALL news outlets are agenda/narrative driven at this point.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2021, 10:31 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: That's just an observation and what comes to my mind now when I hear their name.  I personally don't give a hoot if they want a stupid name to appease the PC Police. 

Weak minded would be boycotting the band because you cannot handle the new name, protesting their concerts, burning their posters on Facebook, etc.  

Nice try though.

You keep complaining about other people wanting to change things, but then you complain about things that got changed.

You list things the "left" tried to "cancel" exclusively, and when prompted suddenly think the "other side" is just as bad.

Almost like you're just making it up as you go to make an argument.  Weird.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2021, 10:33 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Say what?  Are you serious right now?   lmfao!!!!!!

And it was not a joke, it was sarcasm.  Did you not see the smirk after the comment?

Thanks for the laugh!

You obviously read my posts, so you should know I dislike pretty much all pols on either side and dislike Trump and Biden and pretty much think ALL news outlets are agenda/narrative driven at this point.

I read your posts when my name is attached to them.

Thats how I know you're either pro-Nazi, pro-bigot, pro-racist, pro-hate speech, or pro-police brutality. I also know you lack the ability to read a comment and get the point when it's hammering you over the head.

But go ahead and keep up the snarky comments with zero substance. I like to read your weak attempts to weasel out of the hole you've dug yourself into.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2021, 11:06 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I read your posts when my name is attached to them.

Thats how I know you're either pro-Nazi, pro-bigot, pro-racist, pro-hate speech, or pro-police brutality. I also know you lack the ability to read a comment and get the point when it's hammering you over the head.

But go ahead and keep up the snarky comments with zero substance. I like to read your weak attempts to weasel out of the hole you've dug yourself into.

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

Now I know you are just trolling!!!!      Pro-Nazi............lmfao!!!!!!!!

I have never posted anything pro any of those things you listed nor am I.  Oh man, this is funny!
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2021, 11:06 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I read your posts when my name is attached to them.

Thats how I know you're either pro-Nazi, pro-bigot, pro-racist, pro-hate speech, or pro-police brutality.

Pro-racist, pro-Nazi... this is a bit much, especially when there's moral highground to be held.

He's not "pro-Nazi". Even logically, this makes as much sense as calling liberals "pro-criminal" or "pro uncontrolled immigration". 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote