Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inspirational Quote Or Corny?
I altered this quote a little bit to fit my situation, but I'm thinking about posting it around the time of the anniversary of when I woke up from a coma after the wreck (there is no actual anniversary because I didn't suddenly wake up like you see in the movies. It was a gradual process where I might be awake for a while and then fall back into a coma).

The original quote is

Quote:Fate whispered to the warrior "You can't withstand the storm."

The warrior whispered back "I am the storm."

I'm thinking about making a picture of me in a coma with this quote

Quote:I was about to wake up from my coma and the devil whispered "Don't do it........... you can't withstand the storm.

I whispered back "I am the storm."

Should I change it from the devil to "the world" or "fate"?

Stupid quote or inspirational?

It's making me kind of emotional for some reason.

I think people in the area would eat it up.
Reply/Quote
Keep it as is.
Go Benton Panthers!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Picture of some poor cat.. Hang on there..
Nothing personal, but I've seen a ton of posters that were supposed to inspire me. I can't recall one that ever did.
Wanna truly inspire me? "Here's a billion dollars tax free!" That'll get my attention by golly!  ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-16-2022, 10:14 AM)grampahol Wrote: Picture of some poor cat.. Hang on there..
Nothing personal, but I've seen a ton of posters that were supposed to inspire me. I can't recall one that ever did.
Wanna truly inspire me? "Here's a billion dollars tax free!" That'll get my attention by golly!  ThumbsUp

Fair enough!  Hilarious

Like I've said before, people find me "inspiring" for some reason for everything I've overcome and my attitude, which I don't think I've done shit or that my attitude is anything special because I just think that life's not too bad.

I'm still stuck on the devil or fate but I'm leaning towards the devil.

(07-12-2022, 09:09 PM)SladeX Wrote: Keep it as is.

Thinking about adding this:

Quote:I whispered back "I am the storm..........." and opened my eyes.
Reply/Quote
I'll tell ya something Brad.. I've reached the point in my life that I don't care what anyone thinks of me, whether I inspire them or depress them, whether they like me or hate me. I have almost zero control over these things other than whatever I say or write and how you take it is entirely up to you. Short of their announced plans to kill me I don't really care.
I know my immediate family, my wife and kids are important, but other than that the rest of the world is just kind of there. There are some people I like more than others obviously and some I despise beyond description. I post a lot of stuff online, especially stuff in the news and things that especially interest me, but how others take it? I have no control over it. I speak my mind and let the chips fall where they may. I try to be as honest as I can or just joke around and hope I don't offend the entire audience, but I sometimes do.
If you really want to inspire people find a way to change the trajectory of the world for the better in ways the overwhelming majority of the world agrees with, not just a very narrow subset of people who will agree with you anyway. Otherwise you're preaching to the choir. My opinion of today's internet and "inspirational stuff"? Most people would cheer and get all teary eyed if you announced that you successfully wiped you ass before breakfast...not exactly inspiring to me.
I hope it helps. Whether it does or not..I couldn't say.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote