Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
IntangiBALLS !!!
Folks, we may not be the most talented team in the league YET but we have something... something... that I can't quite put my finger on. I know it's something I haven't quite seen with Bengals' teams before. It's some that analytics, PFF's , etc... can't quantify. It's not physical ; it's not measurable. But it's something you can sense. THEY know they have it; they feel it. They BELIEVE and expect it will carry them to victory, despite the naysayers. What carries this team over favored opposition is intangible, but very, very real!!!

Do you sense it like I do???? This team has some major intangiBALLS working in its favor. Never overlook the intangibles in any competitive event. This team seems to have it... whatever the hell it is!!!!

Am I just imagining things?
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 11:08 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Folks, we may not be the most talented team in the league YET but we have something... something... that I can't quite put my finger on. I know it's something I haven't quite seen with Bengals' teams before.  It's some that analytics, PFF's , etc... can't quantify. It's not physical ; it's not measurable. But it's something you can sense. THEY know they have it; they feel it. They BELIEVE and expect it will carry them to victory, despite the naysayers.   What carries this team over favored opposition is intangible, but very, very real!!!

Do you sense it like I do????   This team has some major intangiBALLS working in its favor.  Never overlook the intangibles in any competitive event.  This team seems to have it... whatever the hell it is!!!!

Am I just imagining  things?

The Bengals team is more than the sum of their parts. They are not just a collection of excellent players, but genuinely seem to like each other, believe in each other, and are high-character guys. Coming back they way they did against KC, winning three close playoff games, speaks to something hard to put one's finger on. I guess you would call that intangibles.
Reply/Quote
Not a single one of these Bengals has any quit in them and that is because of their leader Joe Burrow.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
That's why, when people said the Chiefs were WAYYY better than the Bengals or say that the Rams are definitely the better team... I say, "Are they REALLY?" Intangibles-- heart, character, good energy, desire to win for each other and sacrifice for each other, belief & expectation, wanton desire to change the culture of the franchise and help right all of those years of pain and distress--- DO MATTER !!! You can't measure those things. You are not going to see a betting line reflect those things.

This team seems to want this more than about any other professional team I've ever seen in a half century of watching sports. And, yes, intangibles DO matter. Intangibles DO turn the tide in games. Intangibles DO overcome a lot of weaknesses. Intangibles won't be reflected in a betting line but it pays big dividends when the game is on the line. There are many things that go into making a team a winner. Intangibles are often overlooked but they shouldn't be.

So, I ask you again... Are the Rams REALLY the better team??? Think about it...
Reply/Quote
Easiest Bengals team to root for ever. Every single player gives maximum effort and there are so many skilled players throughout roster on both sides its crazy.

The overnight rebuild of defense is simply amazing and the addition of Chase and McPhearson was just the thing the offense needed.

Super Bowl !!!

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
We need some Super Bowl emojis added

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Maybe the Chiefs or Rams have more physically gifted players, have more talent. The Cincinnati Bengals have the BEST TEAM.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 11:40 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Not a single one of these Bengals has any quit in them and that is because of their leader Joe Burrow.

They EXPECT to win , no matter what the score or what the circumstances are at any point in the game.  And that's H-U-G-E !!!
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 11:51 PM)SladeX Wrote: Maybe the Chiefs or Rams have more physically gifted players, have more talent. The Cincinnati Bengals have the BEST TEAM.

I don't think there's any doubt.  The Bengals have more of the things that can't be measured!!!!  That's why they are the best team in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
Please nobody say a team of destiny or this team is special. God are those overused.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2022, 12:44 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Please nobody say a team of destiny or this team is special. God are those overused.

You just said it.  LOL   I've been thinking about the "destiny" thing a lot. Still thinking. More later...
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 11:08 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Folks, we may not be the most talented team in the league YET but we have something... something... that I can't quite put my finger on. I know it's something I haven't quite seen with Bengals' teams before.  It's some that analytics, PFF's , etc... can't quantify. It's not physical ; it's not measurable. But it's something you can sense. THEY know they have it; they feel it. They BELIEVE and expect it will carry them to victory, despite the naysayers.   What carries this team over favored opposition is intangible, but very, very real!!!

Do you sense it like I do????   This team has some major intangiBALLS working in its favor.  Never overlook the intangibles in any competitive event.  This team seems to have it... whatever the hell it is!!!!

Watching this team on this postseason run...it is like all the stupid, bad luck, plays that happened over the past 20 years have culminated in one season where the ball DOES bounce their way.  It isn't luck, though.  Still, when I see a ball go off Hubbard's helmet to stop a sure TD. When I see Burrow JUST escape Jones and run 7 yards for a key first down.  When I see Evan crushing FGs from beyond 50 yards over and over again....it does seem to be a team of destiny.

One thing that I absolutely love watching is the high football IQ of the coaches.  (Who saw THAT at the beginning of the season?).  I love the passion and pure energy that EVERY PLAYER seems to bring on every snap.  

The bottom line:  They have great talent and they have a great game plan and it is just incredible to watch.  
Reply/Quote
It's TEAM effort. Every week different players making great plays, talented players making huge plays, but overall, everyone doing their part. We call it "clicking", when everything you do seems to go right, even when it doesn't sometimes.
Reply/Quote
I don't remember whether it was Bates or Bell, but in one of their post games he was asked about it. He said something along the lines of it's two fold, first you have to trust in the system and just do your job. When you try to do more, that's when you get burned. He said they just got together and said calm down and just do your job and the plays will come. The other part was they knew all they had to do was get the ball back for Joe and he would take care of the rest. So, whoever said this is the best "team" has that correct. They are all 100% in and trust the system to work and have the confidence in their QB to score on every possession.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 11:49 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Easiest Bengals team to root for ever. Every single player gives maximum effort and there are so many skilled players throughout roster on both sides its crazy.

The overnight rebuild of defense is simply amazing and the addition of Chase and McPhearson was just the thing the offense needed.

Super Bowl !!!

I have this conversation with the kids I coach all of the time.  Not everyone can be the biggest or the strongest or the fastest, but any one of them can try the hardest, have the best attitude, be the best teammate.  Obviously, this isn't little leagues, but the sentiment remains.  Do our players and coaches put in more film study?  Are they more efficient? Do they give maximum effort on every down?  Have they truly bought in? 

Logan Wilson was asked about his interceptions early in the season and said "Good things happen when you hustle to the ball."  The harder you work, the luckier you get.  We're going to outwork the Rams and win this Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2022, 11:09 AM)wcu Wrote: I have this conversation with the kids I coach all of the time.  Not everyone can be the biggest or the strongest or the fastest, but any one of them can try the hardest, have the best attitude, be the best teammate.  Obviously, this isn't little leagues, but the sentiment remains.  Do our players and coaches put in more film study?  Are they more efficient? Do they give maximum effort on every down?  Have they truly bought in? 

Logan Wilson was asked about his interceptions early in the season and said "Good things happen when you hustle to the ball."  The harder you work, the luckier you get.  We're going to outwork the Rams and win this Super Bowl.

I believe they will outwork the Rams. And that may go a long way in getting them a victory.
Reply/Quote
Yeah. This team kinda reminds me of The Replacements.
Heart.... Miles and miles of heart.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote

I've been feeling this way for a couple months now. I was actually getting a little upset when folks on here were talking about, "It's been a great season win or lose. The future looks bright.".  I don't disagree with them, but you never know what the future holds. 
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 11:40 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Not a single one of these Bengals has any quit in them and that is because of their leader Joe Burrow.

I like Burrow but I refuse to say no other has any guts without him.

If Joe was as magic as some of you claim he would not have been 2-8 as a starter last year.

This is a tough talented TEAM not a bunch of losers plus Joe Burrow. Most of these guys have been on other successful teams without Burrow.
Reply/Quote

As much as I like Burrow I am not going to give him all the credit for what this TEAM has done.

Many Bengals have been on winning teams without Burrow.

Last year the Bengals had a better record WITHOUT Burrow as their starting QB. 

We have been winning in the playoffs with solid defense while Burrow had struggled to finish drives with TDs. 

Joe is our star but the rest of the team is not a bunch of losers without him.
Reply/Quote