Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Interabled" Relationships!
I just saw an article on Facebook about normalizing "interabled" relationships!

ThumbsUp

Happy

Smack

LMAO

This actually kind of pissed me off because I feel like it will alienate crippled people even more and make people look at us even more differently.

I don't really get the people looking at me weird anymore but I'm speaking as a proud cripple.

I feel like that's claiming that it's more of a charity to date a cripple.

I never have any problems dating "normal" people, even though I'm currently talking to a girl with CP, and I know a lot of crippled people that date "normal" people.

It kind of made it seem like dating a cripple is out of charity because why wouldn't it be normal?
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2021, 09:50 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I just saw an article on Facebook about normalizing "interabled" relationships!

ThumbsUp

Happy

Smack

LMAO

This actually kind of pissed me off because I feel like it will alienate crippled people even more and make people look at us even more differently.

I don't really get the people looking at me weird anymore but I'm speaking as a proud cripple.

I never have any problems dating "normal" people, even though I'm currently talking to a girl with CP, and I know a lot of crippled people that date "normal" people.

It kind of made it seem like dating a cripple is out of charity because why wouldn't it be normal?

Brad.  Lay off the edibles for awhile.  You're in Jungle Noise man!
[Image: d2o6for-4b822cb5-d75a-4004-a893-81d47365...MnCZCeH0XU]
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Sir... You're in an Arby's.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2021, 10:00 PM)jason Wrote: Sir... You're in an Arby's.

Don't mind Bradley, we just stepped in from my garage.   Ninja
Reply/Quote
Is dating someone to be charitable even a thing? I would look at that as "leading someone on" and as a bad thing, rather than a good thing.

A lot of people go through the vast majority of their lives without interacting with physically disabled people, so the thought of dating someone in that category never crossed their mind. Like how some people can't envision themselves dating outside of their race, religion, or nationality.

It is an attribute that limits your dating pool. Everyone has attributes that have that effect in one way or the other. I wouldn't let it bother you too much. Try to put aside your feelings and see if you can derive the intent of the author.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2021, 09:50 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I just saw an article on Facebook about normalizing "interabled" relationships!

ThumbsUp

Happy

Smack

LMAO

Actually the article said exactly the opposite of what you claim.  What is said was that interabled relationships are becoming so common that they are no longer considered unusual.

Or maybe I saw an different story.  Do you have a link?

And obviously this needs to be moved to another forum.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2021, 10:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually the article said exactly the opposite of what you claim.  What is said was that interabled relationships are becoming so common that they are no longer considered unusual.

Or maybe I saw an different story.  Do you have a link?

And obviously this needs to be moved to another forum.

[Image: stripes-lighten-up.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2021, 10:18 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: [Image: stripes-lighten-up.gif]

Am I not even allowed to post in a Brad thread anymore?

I happen to know an interabled couple and I think Brad might be getting the wrong impression from this article.

Or maybe I am wrong and he saw a different one.  Either way I think I should be allowed to discuss it.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2021, 10:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote:  

Am I not even allowed to post in a Brad thread anymore?

I happen to know an interabled couple and I think Brad might be getting the wrong impression from this article.

Or maybe I am wrong and he saw a different one.  Either way I think I should be allowed to discuss it.

Just messin with ya fred.  I just rather not see you guys flare up during the Holidays man.  I meant absolutely nothing serious with my post.  Just tryin to promote love and brotherhood.  
Let's all have a group hug, all of us!  C'mon...
[Image: group-hug-friendship.gif]
Reply/Quote
I dated a woman in a wheelchair for quite awhile and probably would have married her if I could remember her name when I was drinking.. That's when I figured out dating multiple women at the same time doesn't work real well if you confuse names whilst drunk.. They tend to not like that.
But hey...don't ask me for dating advise. I went and married a stripper instead like a dumbass.. (Don't try that at home kids. Your mommy won't be in the least bit impressed.)
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2021, 10:00 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Brad.  Lay off the edibles for awhile.  You're in Jungle Noise man!
[Image: d2o6for-4b822cb5-d75a-4004-a893-81d47365...MnCZCeH0XU]

Had a few before I went out to wave during rush hour ThumbsUp

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2021, 11:14 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Had a few before I went out to wave during rush hour ThumbsUp

Hilarious

I'm not sayin a word.  But I am really happy.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2021, 11:24 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I'm not sayin a word.  But I am really happy.

I've been pretty happy since I started taking them semi-regularly ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2021, 11:46 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I've been pretty happy since I started taking them semi-regularly ThumbsUp

This is something you and I totally agree on bro.  Probably ought to change the topic though Bradster.  We're gettin' a little off track, and in "murky" waters.  Best talk about this matter in P&R.  Peace between us my man.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2021, 11:07 PM)grampahol Wrote: I dated a woman in a wheelchair for quite awhile

The closest I ever came to having a girlfriend with a disability was one that had a serious air leak.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2021, 12:26 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: This is something you and I totally agree on bro.  Probably ought to change the topic though Bradster.  We're gettin' a little off track, and in "murky" waters.  Best talk about this matter in P&R.  Peace between us my man.  ThumbsUp

Yes sir!

Like I said, I think this is further alienating crippled people. 

I "dated" a girl in a wheelchair once while I was in college but it was more-so just because she begged me and then would only kiss me unless we were officially dating and then this girl with CP that I'm talking to now, but I have never heard of anyone considering "interabled" relationships abnormal.

If anything, two disabled people dating each other is a lot more uncommon than "interabled" relationships, so this is nothing but clickbait.
Reply/Quote
It is a good day when this type of relationship is no longer considered special and is just referred to as a 'relationship.'

Having said that, you need to be careful.  I hear some of these relationships end tragically.

[Image: lola-the-handicap-spot-seinfeld.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2021, 12:42 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The closest I ever came to having a girlfriend with a disability was one that had a serious air leak.

Fred has a fart kink.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote