Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting Article Comparing 2016 Draft With 2012
Thought this was interesting. Is a 2nd or in the Bengals case 3rd or 4th WR worth a 1st Rd pick. The Bengals are notorious for not starting draft picks their 1st year. So the question is, at what position of need do you guys see a 1st Rd player starting? DT, nope, DE, nope C, nope, S, nope, CB, no again. What about LB? I know we have alot of bodies at that position but most are just that. But again I dont see the Bengals starting a rookie LB so what does it matter, is there really a position OF NEED if they wont even start, why not just take BPA. On a side note I do think Treadwell could be a day 1 starter but we know that A. he will be off the board or B. Lafell or Tate will be the #2 regardless. Thoughts.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/4/15/11424090/2012-vs-2016-bengals-should-pass-on-a-wide-receiver-in-the-first-round
Reply/Quote
It really depends on who's there. Would you pass on a better player who falls? Probably not.

But, the Bengals have used the first round to target need over BPA in the past.

I really have no idea which way they'll go or who will actually be there at 24.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
The good news is that other teams have needs too and it just so happens that most of the teams who pick ahead of us have more needs at more positions. They're not ALL going to draft WRs the first pick.
Just because the pundits tell us there just aren't any great receivers doesn't mean there aren't any.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
It's hard to determine what the Bengals will do..

They'll pull a fast one on you ...

Who saw Cedric Ogbuehi and Jake Fisher being our first 2 picks last year? No one.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2016, 08:07 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Thought this was interesting. Is a 2nd or in the Bengals case 3rd or 4th WR worth a 1st Rd pick. The Bengals are notorious for not starting draft picks their 1st year. So the question is, at what position of need do you guys see a 1st Rd player starting? DT, nope, DE, nope C, nope, S, nope, CB, no again. What about LB? I know we have alot of bodies at that position but most are just that. But again I dont see the Bengals starting a rookie LB so what does it matter, is there really a position OF NEED if they wont even start, why not just take BPA. On a side note I do think Treadwell could be a day 1 starter but we know that A. he will be off the board or B. Lafell or Tate will be the #2 regardless. Thoughts.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/4/15/11424090/2012-vs-2016-bengals-should-pass-on-a-wide-receiver-in-the-first-round

If the Bengals draft a receiver in the first round it would be our #2 WR easy. Our WR core is super weak right now. We have AJ Green and Lafell, and no one else has proven themselves.

1st round DT could start, 1st round C could start, first round CB could start depending on who we get. There are a lot of positions that could start right away. It's not like the Bengals have no holes. They have a decent amount of players that could be easily upgraded, and I don't know why people act like we have some kind of all-star roster.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2016, 12:37 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: If the Bengals draft a receiver in the first round it would be our #2 WR easy. Our WR core is super weak right now. We have AJ Green and Lafell, and no one else has proven themselves.

1st round DT could start, 1st round C could start, first round CB could start depending on who we get. There are a lot of positions that could start right away. It's not like the Bengals have no holes. They have a decent amount of players that could be easily upgraded, and I don't know why people act like we have some kind of all-star roster.

Im not saying we have no holes or we have an all star roster, heck I would love Treadwell or even Doctson to start as our #2 or a CB/DT in the first to start over Peko or Kirk, I was just stating that the Bengals are not known for starting rookies.
Reply/Quote
According to most pundits this WR class is pretty shallow. I'm guessing we'll grab a WR in the 2nd round. Don't be shocked if it's Braxton Miller. Most are pegging him to the Bengals to replace Sanu and that's where he is projected to go.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2016, 08:16 AM)EatonFan Wrote: According to most pundits this WR class is pretty shallow.  I'm guessing we'll grab a WR in the 2nd round.  Don't be shocked if it's Braxton Miller.  Most are pegging him to the Bengals to replace Sanu and that's where he is projected to go.

I've seen that the Bengals aren't interested because they want someone who can play now rather than coach up. Plus, I would hate that pick.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2016, 08:07 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Thought this was interesting. Is a 2nd or in the Bengals case 3rd or 4th WR worth a 1st Rd pick. The Bengals are notorious for not starting draft picks their 1st year. So the question is, at what position of need do you guys see a 1st Rd player starting? DT, nope, DE, nope C, nope, S, nope, CB, no again. What about LB? I know we have alot of bodies at that position but most are just that. But again I dont see the Bengals starting a rookie LB so what does it matter, is there really a position OF NEED if they wont even start, why not just take BPA. On a side note I do think Treadwell could be a day 1 starter but we know that A. he will be off the board or B. Lafell or Tate will be the #2 regardless. Thoughts.

I bet you that if Billings is our pick at 24 he will be too damn good to have Peko starting ahead of him.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2016, 01:38 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I've seen that the Bengals aren't interested because they want someone who can play now rather than coach up. Plus, I would hate that pick.

Same, Miller is raw as hell. He wouldn't even get a sniff of play time.

I actually like Alford much better even if he is smaller, same speed, better hands and can return kicks.
Reply/Quote
When it is appropriate the Bengals have no issues starting first year players. We have just had the luxery that last year we didn't need them to.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Just curious who you guys would take in the first if Doctson, Floyd and Billings are there. Oh and Treadwell and Coleman are off the board.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2016, 05:36 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Just curious who you guys would take in the first if Doctson, Floyd and Billings are there. Oh and Treadwell and Coleman are off the board.

I would take Billings personally. I really really like Doctson too, but I think Billings will be something special. I think we could possibly get a decent WR in the second round honestly. I don't think this WR class is as shallow as everyone is trying to act like it is. I'm pretty confident that one of these receivers will still be there in the 2nd - Thomas, Shepard, or Boyd and I think that any of those receivers would be a good addition to the team.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2016, 12:13 AM)milksheikh Wrote: It's hard to determine what the Bengals will do..

They'll pull a fast one on you ...

Who saw Cedric Ogbuehi and Jake Fisher being our first 2 picks last year? No one.

I actually mocked those two picks.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2016, 07:31 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I would take Billings personally. I really really like Doctson too, but I think Billings will be something special. I think we could possibly get a decent WR in the second round honestly. I don't think this WR class is as shallow as everyone is trying to act like it is. I'm pretty confident that one of these receivers will still be there in the 2nd - Thomas, Shepard, or Boyd and I think that any of those receivers would be a good addition to the team.

If you skip on doctson, pick up shepard in 2nd and listenbee in the 4th or 5th.  how much fall off do you really get ? compared to the fall off of DT's or DE's.  

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2016, 09:34 PM)Okeana Wrote: I actually mocked those two picks.

Lol yea about the only guarantees in our draft every year is a commercial when its our time to pick.
Reply/Quote
Im really starting to like this Garrett WR and Braverman in the later rounds.
Reply/Quote
Funny to see people who think any player will be a slam dunk starter. Plenty of guys do fabulous in college and can't do squat at the pro level and the opposite is also often true, guys who just barely squeek into an NFL roster and once they do they really take off.
Examples are all over the place. Just look at Burfict.. The Bengals really gambled on him as an undrafted FA and just how many #1 picks fizzel out?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-23-2016, 05:36 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Just curious who you guys would take in the first if Doctson, Floyd and Billings are there. Oh and Treadwell and Coleman are off the board.

That would be a dream and no brainer for me. I would grab Floyd as he is highest rated on my board. My second is Billings and Doctson 3rd. But, I would be very happy with any of those 3 guys.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2016, 09:52 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Im really starting to like this Garrett WR and Braverman in the later rounds.

Garrett is my sleeper pick (round 3). I love the guy and think he may be the best of the bunch over his career.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote