Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Interesting Article on Cuts/Trades by teams to 53
(08-26-2021, 12:05 PM)Synric Wrote: I'm waiting to see which receivers get cut. The WR depth for the Bengals is questionable at best. Maybe a guy like Miles Boykin in a crowded Ravens receiver room.

Yes, WR is another worry of mine. I think we are missing a fast/quick guy to compliment our big 3, a better version of Erickson would be great.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2021, 05:39 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Yes, WR is another worry of mine. I think we are missing a fast/quick guy to compliment our big 3, a better version of Erickson would be great.

Trenton Irwin seems to me to be that guy. Sure hands, can move the sticks.
Reply/Quote
At this point we are not going to find any starters among the guys cut from other teams.

But just for depth I'd be looking for a WR, DE or OT.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2021, 09:12 AM)fredtoast Wrote: At this point we are not going to find any starters among the guys cut from other teams.

Taco is out there.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2021, 07:08 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-roster-bubble-notable-players-who-could-be-traded-or-cut

This is a very strange year having 2 weeks to prepare (all but 2 teams and they have 10 days) for week #1. I personally have always liked Smith, the former ND middle LB. I would love it if he made his way onto our roster.

It would be fantastic to get Jaylon Smith if that became a realistic option.
Dude has recovered remarkably from his college injury, playing in every game the past 3 seasons with over 400 tackles.
Smith on the Bengals would immediately make him the best or 2nd-best LB on the team, depending on the progress of Wilson.

I'd be willing to take Vander Esch instead/too, although I know he's had some injury issues the past couple seasons. He'd still be better than most of the LBs on the team.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2021, 11:11 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Taco is out there.

And apparently still living off his pre-draft hype.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2021, 09:12 AM)fredtoast Wrote: At this point we are not going to find any starters among the guys cut from other teams.

Are you sure? Because ever since free agency I’ve read other teams won’t be able to keep all their good players because of the salary cap and the Bengals had positioned themselves perfectly to swoop in and scoop up all these good players.

And I thought that’s why we cut Gio. To use all that cap savings to sign better players.

Still waiting.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2021, 02:58 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Are you sure? Because ever since free agency I’ve read other teams won’t be able to keep all their good players because of the salary cap and the Bengals had positioned themselves perfectly to swoop in and scoop up all these good players.

And I thought that’s why we cut Gio. To use all that cap savings to sign better players.

Still waiting.

I guess this is directly squarely aimed at me. I own it and still believe it.

We will find out for sure in about 3- 5 days as teams cut down to 53.

I am already half right we are positioned well. Other teams control the other 50%.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2021, 05:08 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I guess this is directly squarely aimed at me. I own it and still believe it.

We will find out for sure in about 3- 5 days as teams cut down to 53.

I am already half right we are positioned well. Other teams control the other 50%.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nfl.com/_amp/cowboys-restructure-rb-ezekiel-elliott-s-contract-to-create-cap-space

For some reason, I think the rest of the league figured out the cheat code to manipulate the cap.
Reply/Quote
I think I’ve seen him mentioned, but Andy Isabella is fighting for a roster spot. I’d be interested in him, as well as Jalen Hurd if he is cut.
Reply/Quote
Bring back Dolegala as QB???? The packers just released him again.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/08/27/packers-sign-rojesterman-farris-cut-jake-dolegala/
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2021, 09:38 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Bring back Dolegala as QB???? The packers just released him again.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/08/27/packers-sign-rojesterman-farris-cut-jake-dolegala/

He's the best attributes of Bob Dole and Galaga, combined!  Pretty sure I made this joke before.  Meh.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2021, 07:35 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I did see that Andre Smith was cut by the Ravens......lol

I would keep that number handy in case we have trouble at right tackle or right guard. 

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2021, 11:11 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Taco is out there.

Goes to show how much in demand Taco is. He's been on the street 48 hrs and he's not signed yet. As Fred said, you'll find depth in these cuts but not many starters.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2021, 10:46 AM)TJ528 Wrote: Goes to show how much in demand Taco is. He's been on the street 48 hrs and he's not signed yet. As Fred said, you'll find depth in these cuts but not many starters.

I only mentioned him as a depth player. If he was burning it up, they would have kept him. Problem is, that's the case with most anyone you pick up this time of the year. Still, he would give DE some depth.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2021, 09:38 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Bring back Dolegala as QB???? The packers just released him again.

If Cincy's backups stink it up again they'll have to consider a better cut QB with their high waiver position.  

I doubt they keep 3 QBs, rather have the street QB as the backup and still have a Shumer or Dolegala as a PS guy.  They weren't going to give a conditional 5th for a Minshew but they should strongly consider a young guy on a rookie deal especially if Allen looks bad vs backups (with Burrow getting starter reps).
Reply/Quote
I’d take Howard & Isabella in a heartbeat.
Reply/Quote
I was skeptical the Bengals would sign anyone of note after the final cuts, but McCloud and Ray underwhelmed my already low expectations.

But, thank goodness they cut Gio because otherwise they would still be able to sign these two.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2021, 07:08 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-roster-bubble-notable-players-who-could-be-traded-or-cut

This is a very strange year having 2 weeks to prepare (all but 2 teams and they have 10 days) for week #1. I personally have always liked Smith, the former ND middle LB. I would love it if he made his way onto our roster.

Bumping this thread because Jaylon Smith was just cut by the Cowboys, for as well as our LB core has been playing I do think he could absolutely be a good addition 

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2021, 11:03 PM)Bryan Wrote: Bumping this thread because Jaylon Smith was just cut by the Cowboys, for as well as our LB core has been playing I do think he could absolutely be a good addition 

I always liked Smith. I think the Cowboys liked him too, but they over paid him. I think 3 guys on the market who could help us:

Gilmore is being cut
Smith is being cut
L. Bell is back on the pratcice squad so could be signed to our 53 I think

I would love Gilmore addition

Reply/Quote