Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Interesting Article on Stripe Hype
Thought this was an interesting read for those who constantly like to bash the Bengals for their facilities...

https://stripehype.com/2019/07/06/bengals-update-indoor-practice-field/
Reply/Quote
Positives in the article: The weight room sounds amazing and they have been doing renovations.

Negatives: 'Still, it is a basketball court sized field that was converted to turf during the 2015 renovations.' Yes - They put field turf on a basketball court. That's something a D3 program or high school does.

Other negative: Over looking the indoor field is a HUGE image with Taylor’s message to his new team “It’s about us”.

It's about us? That's ZT's inspiring message?
Reply/Quote
Sounds similar to what I saw when I toured Dallas's complex in Frisco, TX. A strip of turf to draw up plays. They had one outside their DB room on the second floor of their facility. Def wasn't their indoor practice facility, though. For one, it was outdoors, for two, their indoor practice facility was a 12,000 seat indoor stadium that doubled as a home field for local high school teams.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2019, 10:37 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Positives in the article: The weight room sounds amazing and they have been doing renovations.

Negatives: 'Still, it is a basketball court sized field that was converted to turf during the 2015 renovations.' Yes - They put field turf on a basketball court. That's something a D3 program or high school does.

Other negative: Over looking the indoor field is a HUGE image with Taylor’s message to his new team “It’s about us”.

It's about us? That's ZT's inspiring message?

About 1000X better than “run on your own gas” Whatever
Reply/Quote
Sounds like steps in the right direction. Definitely an improvement over not having one at all (which most of us thought). I get that not every fan can be happy about everything positive going on with this team, but I'm cool with this.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2019, 10:37 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's about us? That's ZT's inspiring message?

Well, he is one of those damn millenials ain't he? Ninja
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2019, 02:20 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well, he is one of those damn millenials ain't he? Ninja

Damnit, now the slogan is dead to me. Damn millennials. 

Reply/Quote
Side note, what the hell is this?  Is this actually the practice field?  Is it really oddly shaped like this or is this just some sort of fake image?

[Image: D-vpCwlW4AAiRjT?format=jpg&name=small]

Also, this is the first thing that came to my mind when I saw it (but I'm weird).

[Image: cover_355272102017_r.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2019, 02:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Side note, what the hell is this?  Is this actually the practice field?  Is it really oddly shaped like this or is this just some sort of fake image?

Also, this is the first thing that came to my mind when I saw it (but I'm weird).

We will have the best 20 yard offense and defense in the NFL. Honestly...that field is so small that it's likely worthless.
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2019, 04:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We will have the best 20 yard offense and defense in the NFL. Honestly...that field is so small that it's likely worthless.

Not worthless, but definitely not ideal. Yet I'm curious how often an indoor practice facility is used? If you have one 10 minutes away at your disposal and it's not used that often, then whats the point? I think a cheaper option than building a new facility, may be putting a roof on PBS. Maybe not, IDK. 

Reply/Quote
(07-07-2019, 02:34 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Damnit, now the slogan is dead to me. Damn millennials. 

At least he is trying to moviate the players,and dudes today that play in nfl are so spoiled and stinkin rich,its just over the top with reality and honestly I seriously believe most players do not give a hoot about any of us,yet we can't wait for the next week to see them complete and we spend all of our dollars to support them,its crazy,I think they have captured our brains through the nsa,cia,fbi and all the secret spys out there watching us. :andy: Sad
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2019, 04:39 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: At least he is trying to moviate the players,and dudes today that play in nfl are so spoiled and stinkin rich,its just over the top with reality and honestly I seriously believe most players do not give a hoot about any of us,yet we can't wait for the next week to see them complete and we spend all of our dollars to support them,its crazy,I think they have captured our brains through the nsa,cia,fbi and all the secret spys out there watching us. :andy: Sad

Well, that was a little out there? I commend any attempts to motivate the team. I was simply making a funny since Nately said ZT was a millenial. But, about your stating that they don't care about us? Well, that has been tough for Bengals fans for a long time. Not all, but many. I think season ticket cancellations and the lack of attendance last year sent a very strong message to Mr. Brown. Has he changed his ways? Not sure, but we finally got that coaching change we have been screaming about for years. So thats something. 

I truly believe in ZT and honestly, I can't even tell you why? Is it the kool-aid? Is it just hoping that something magically happens and we pull off a miracle season? IDK? I know he cared enough to respond to my email when I sent it to him, and that's what coaches and players do when they care for the fans. Maybe that's it? IDK? But I'll also state their are probably players who don't care about the fans and probably can find that on every team. But I think most of them care.

Reply/Quote
(07-07-2019, 04:39 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: At least he is trying to moviate the players,and dudes today that play in nfl are so spoiled and stinkin rich,its just over the top with reality and honestly I seriously believe most players do not give a hoot about any of us,yet we can't wait for the next week to see them complete and we spend all of our dollars to support them,its crazy,I think they have captured our brains through the nsa,cia,fbi and all the secret spys out there watching us. :andy: Sad

Ah the old "I pay your salary!" defense. 
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2019, 04:37 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Not worthless, but definitely not ideal. Yet I'm curious how often an indoor practice facility is used? If you have one 10 minutes away at your disposal and it's not used that often, then whats the point? I think a cheaper option than building a new facility, may be putting a roof on PBS. Maybe not, IDK. 

Honestly, I think it's more perception than practicality. You play the games outdoors generally.

That said, the Steelers have a pretty great facility and the Bengals practice under a bridge. Night and day difference.
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2019, 11:35 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly, I think it's more perception than practicality. You play the games outdoors generally.

That said, the Steelers have a pretty great facility and the Bengals practice under a bridge. Night and day difference.

I guess which bridge is important. If they practice under the bridge that spans the Ohio river that sounds pretty damp in the best of circumstances. If they play under a freeway bridge it conjures up the phrase, "Go play in traffic."  Maybe there's a bridge to nowhere somewhere near the stadium.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-07-2019, 12:59 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: About 1000X better than “run on your own gas” Whatever

Mikey lobbied for "Bottle Water $1, Gatorade $2" but was ultimately overruled. 
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
Don't care at all and it is merely a curiosity, but why is this stickied? lol
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2019, 01:42 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Don't care at all and it is merely a curiosity, but why is this stickied? lol

I was wondering the same thing.  Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2019, 02:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Side note, what the hell is this?  Is this actually the practice field?  Is it really oddly shaped like this or is this just some sort of fake image?

Now I see why the Bengals have trouble with plays beyond 20 yards  Smirk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-08-2019, 01:42 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Don't care at all and it is merely a curiosity, but why is this stickied? lol

I would assume it's because for so long we have heard the Bengals don't have anything in regards to an indoor practice field and this is supposed to...dispel that(?)
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote