Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Interesting Article on Stripe Hype
(07-08-2019, 01:42 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Don't care at all and it is merely a curiosity, but why is this stickied? lol

I was wondering the same thing...lol.
Reply/Quote
Yes obviously they do not have a full inside practice facility and that really seems to bother some. However, it does appear that some very positive changes have been made within the organization and having a top 10 weight training facility I find rather impressive. For sure though there are several that will still do nothing but complain about the organization no matter what they do.
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2019, 01:42 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Don't care at all and it is merely a curiosity, but why is this stickied? lol

yeah that's the confusing part...  

and why the only people I ever hear complain about it is the fans...
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2019, 06:12 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: yeah that's the confusing part...  

Multiple players have complained about the Bengals' facilities and Mike Brown's approach to such things over the past 25+ years.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Put incentives with ICE COLD beer, HOT women and CBD oil instead of a cliche slogan. Tongue
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2019, 06:12 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: yeah that's the confusing part...  

Johnathan Joseph: Former Cincinnati Bengals Corner Says Bengals Are a Cheap Team

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1259186-jonathan-joseph-former-cincinnati-bengals-corner-says-bengals-are-a-cheap-team
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2019, 07:55 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Multiple players have complained about the Bengals' facilities and Mike Brown's approach to such things over the past 25+ years.

the problem with you all blaming mike brown...

Is that its the county that has to pay for it..

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/07/10/county-withholding-information-about-taxpayers-deal-with-bengals/
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2019, 01:21 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Johnathan Joseph: Former Cincinnati Bengals Corner Says Bengals Are a Cheap Team

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1259186-jonathan-joseph-former-cincinnati-bengals-corner-says-bengals-are-a-cheap-team

JJ was a little whiney B**** who was a millionaire that wanted free handouts from work.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2019, 02:43 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: JJ was a little whiney B**** who was a millionaire that wanted free handouts from work.

The more you are worth to a company the more free stuff you get.  It's one of the benefits of working your way up the ladder.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2019, 03:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The more you are worth to a company the more free stuff you get.  It's one of the benefits of working your way up the ladder.

Absolutely and blatantly false. This is what is SUPPOSED to happen, but it doesn't.

I was treated like crap and NOT promoted at my first job, yet they;

- wouldn't let me quit (Never made them aware of that fact that I needed the job)
- didn't let me transfer to *3* locations that DID value me
- always called me first to see if I could cover *4* different positions, even though my title was only one of those positions

When I finally did get a significantly better job in my field, they STILL tried to hold on to me and not let me go... and was still treated like shit.

(now I go by there all the time and everyone loves me again and I get perks and all that, but yeah...)

So yeah, it doesn't matter if you're valued or not; its a case by case basis on what you get and it has nothing to do of where you are on the food chain either, as was proven by the corporate jobs I've held (which I won't elaborate on as I'll be here all night).
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2019, 05:35 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Absolutely and blatantly false. This is what is SUPPOSED to happen, but it doesn't.

I was treated like crap and NOT promoted at my first job, yet they;

- wouldn't let me quit (Never made them aware of that fact that I needed the job)
- didn't let me transfer to *3* locations that DID value me
- always called me first to see if I could cover *4* different positions, even though my title was only one of those positions

When I finally did get a significantly better job in my field, they STILL tried to hold on to me and not let me go... and was still treated like shit.

(now I go by there all the time and everyone loves me again and I get perks and all that, but yeah...)

So yeah, it doesn't matter if you're valued or not; its a case by case basis on what you get and it has nothing to do of where you are on the food chain either, as was proven by the corporate jobs I've held (which I won't elaborate on as I'll be here all night).

We can talk case by case basis and all that.  I'm just saying when you work minimum wage you rarely get OT or benefits, then you get a "real" job and you make more money but you get more benefits and more perks, then you get free coffee, and then you get a job where you make even more money and you get more free food options and an assistant who gets you free stuff and THEN you get a job where you make even more money and you get stock options and so on.

All I'm saying is that it is flawed thinking to believe an athlete who is worth millions per year is more likely to pay for Gatorade than someone flipping burgers.  Meh, life isn't fair.  Organizations don't just stop with the free crap once they believe you should be able to pay for it...quite the contrary, really.

Let's look at a professional sports team.  If you scan tickets at the gate you are making like $8 an hour and you get no discounts and you have to pay every year for at least one uniform shirt.  Do you think AJ Green has to pay for his uniform?  He can afford it a lot more easily that Joe the ticket scanner, right? AJ Green makes way more than the guy scanning tickets, but guess who gets free tickets for games and guess who has to pay for them...life hain't fair, I guess.

Anyways, we could go on all night here, yes.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2019, 03:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The more you are worth to a company the more free stuff you get.  It's one of the benefits of working your way up the ladder.

Do not agree at all and the more you make the less you should get free. Freebies should be moral boosters for the troops not for the staff officers. Fundamental theory that we really struggle with in this nation.
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2019, 07:55 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Multiple players have complained about the Bengals' facilities and Mike Brown's approach to such things over the past 25+ years.

Yes and at the same time many players have offered much respect for the Brown family and the way they were treated by them. So not sure this is a defining factor.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2019, 05:23 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Yes and at the same time many players have offered much respect for the Brown family and the way they were treated by them. So not sure this is a defining factor.

Being likable and being successful are two different things.  Mike Browns resume pales compares to his peers and there s no arguing that. 
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2019, 05:21 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Do not agree at all and the more you make the less you should get free. Freebies should be moral boosters for the troops not for the staff officers. Fundamental theory that we really struggle with in this nation.

I'm not saying the way is right I'm just saying how it is.  Anyways, free stuff for the rich/poor is P&R forum stuff. 
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2019, 05:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Being likable and being successful are two different things.  Mike Browns resume pales compares to his peers and there s no arguing that. 

Some peers yes others no. The Browns, Lions, and Jaguars have never been to a Super Bowl. The Bills, Browns, Cardinals, Chargers, Falcons, Jaguars, Lions, Panthers, Texans, Titans, and Vikings have also never won a Super Bowl as the Bengals haven't. So it is not as if he is in a boat all by himself in many regards.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2019, 08:01 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Some peers yes others no. The Browns, Lions, and Jaguars have never been to a Super Bowl. The Bills, Browns, Cardinals, Chargers, Falcons, Jaguars, Lions, Panthers, Texans, Titans, and Vikings have also never won a Super Bowl as the Bengals haven't. So it is not as if he is in a boat all by himself in many regards.

Those other teams at least hire GMs and scouts and other things that aren't league-required.  Luckily, they haven't had success so Mike Brown isn't the only one going down with the ship. 

The Lions and the Bengals are sort of in a class of their own and they're both run by venerable people who inherited the team.  So that's quite the boat to be on.

And to clarify, my main gripe with Mike Brown is that he is the GM here. Would he be a GM anywhere else? Would any GM keep his job after the Akili Smith thing? It's just such an intentional way of limiting the franchise...oy, it's so long-term.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2019, 08:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Those other teams at least hire GMs and scouts and other things that aren't league-required.  Luckily, they haven't had success so Mike Brown isn't the only one going down with the ship. 

The Lions and the Bengals are sort of in a class of their own and they're both run by venerable people who inherited the team.  So that's quite the boat to be on.

And to clarify, my main gripe with Mike Brown is that he is the GM here.  Would he be a GM anywhere else?  Would any GM keep his job after the Akili Smith thing?  It's just such an intentional way of limiting the franchise...oy, it's so long-term.

While many call him the GM and while he may have some of the duties involved with the typical GM role I am not certain that it is a single person job with the Bengals. I think that at least in the last few years it is a three headed monster between Mike, Duke, and Katie.

Yeah he is the owner so it is sort of long term. We do have scouts.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2019, 08:17 AM)OSUfan Wrote: While many call him the GM and while he may have some of the duties involved with the typical GM role I am not certain that it is a single person job with the Bengals. I think that at least in the last few years it is a three headed monster between Mike, Duke, and Katie.

Yeah he is the owner so it is sort of long term. We do have scouts.

I could maybe see Duke Tobin getting a shot at GM somewhere maybe/eventually, but Mike and Katie wouldn't be hired as GMs of other teams, so we've been operating for 28 or so years with "not really a GM" calling the shots.  And as you've pointed out, we have 1 pseudo-GM in Tobin making decisions with 2 (or 3 if Troy is involved) non-GMs.  Oy, I can only assume my production at work would decrease if I had to confer with 2 or 3 people who didn't know what they were doing before I did anything.

But now I'm wondering why Mike Brown and Katie could have just learned to be GMs after all these years.  Hell if I know.  Maybe we nailed this draft and everything is fine.
Reply/Quote
It's good to see everyone likes FREEBIES, even if you are a millionaire (just in case I ever become one).
Reply/Quote