Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting CB stat
(10-18-2018, 06:14 PM)pally Wrote: Its Kirkpatrick's penalties that detract from his overall performance.  For every great defense he gives one away.

More so, his inability to intercept balls..The guy has had just 4 picks in well over 3.5 years, covering 51 games he's played in. There's been plenty of chances to increase that total upwards to 8-9 but he can't hang onto the ball...
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2018, 12:00 PM)McC Wrote: Yes, but how much of that is to TE's and RB's?  I would almost guess that TE's and backs have more catches against us than WR's.

Brown and Smith-Schuster both had 100+ yard games.
Jones and Sanu both had 100+ yard games. (Jones with 170+)

The Bengals actually surprisingly haven't played too many good WRs. I mean, the Ravens have John Brown (who was the Cardinals #3), the Panthers have Devin Funchess (who hasn't reached 2k yards in 3.5 years), I don't even think I know who the Dolphins #1 WR is.

Only good WR the Bengals have held in check is TY Hilton, and that was Luck's first game in over a year, so I don't know if that was more the Bengals D, or Luck's shoulder being rusty (he averaged well under 6 yards per attempt in his first three games).

TEs and RBs have been a problem, and might have more catches, but all the good WRs are still doing damage. Just don't think the Bengals have played too many yet.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2018, 01:03 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I would bet we'd rank high in YAC as well

No doubt.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote