Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting Dalton/Ryan stat
Coming into todays game Andy Dalton was third in the league in 4th quarter "Game Winning Drives" (a stat compiled by ProFootballReference.com) since he entered the league. Stafford was number one with 30, and in second place, just one ahead of Dalton, was Matty Ice with 22.

They also keep a stats called "4th Quarter Comebeacks", I am not certain what the difference is between the two, but Dalton was second in this catagory with 18, tied with Matty Ice.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 07:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Coming into todays game Andy Dalton was third in the league in 4th quarter "Game Winning Drives" (a stat compiled by ProFootballReference.com) since he entered the league.  Stafford was number one with 30, and in second place, just one ahead of Dalton, was Matty Ice with 22.

They also keep a stats called "4th Quarter Comebeacks", I am not certain what the difference is between the two, but Dalton was second in this catagory with 18, tied with Matty Ice.

4th quarter comeback = Won the game after starting the 4th trailing.
Game winning drive is pretty self explanatory. A drive that starts with the QB trailing and ends with taking the lead inside of 2 minutes.

Btw, as someone who watches plenty of Bengals and Lions games, I'm not surprised Stafford is at the top and Dalton is top 3.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 07:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Coming into todays game Andy Dalton was third in the league in 4th quarter "Game Winning Drives" (a stat compiled by ProFootballReference.com) since he entered the league.  Stafford was number one with 30, and in second place, just one ahead of Dalton, was Matty Ice with 22.

4th quarter comeback is taking the lead at any point in the 4th quarter. Game winning drive is just what it says, the last drive on offense that gives you the lead and wins the game.

EDIT: Ooops. Looks like Shake got there before me. That's what i get for not reading ahead.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 08:10 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 4th quarter comeback = Won the game after starting the 4th trailing.
Game winning drive is pretty self explanatory. A drive that starts with the QB trailing and ends with taking the lead inside of 2 minutes.

Btw, as someone who watches plenty of Bengals and Lions games, I'm not surprised Stafford is at the top and Dalton is top 3.

Actually, a 4th quarter comeback can result in a loss. That's why that number is smaller for Dalton than 'GWD'. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote