Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting Mock from Scout.com
I found this on MSN this morning.   I thought it was in many ways the most accurate mock I've seen.   Has us taking William Jackson III.   Let me know what you think.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/40-nfl-experts-mock-drafts-combined-into-one/ar-BBsi5Oa?li=BBnb7Kz 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2016, 12:35 PM)3wt Wrote: I found this on MSN this morning.   I thought it was in many ways the most accurate mock I've seen.   Has us taking William Jackson III.   Let me know what you think.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/40-nfl-experts-mock-drafts-combined-into-one/ar-BBsi5Oa?li=BBnb7Kz 

I guess I view it differently than you, as there are numerous instances where the article mentions a team would be much more likely to focus on another position, but they slot that team with taking a player outside of that position (or positions). Almost like the entire mock is comprised of BPA regardless of need.

Examples:
  • Bosa to JAX when it states the Jags would rather land a CB or LB there...and then Myles Jack is taken one pick later.
  • Treadwell to TEN when it states they need help on both OL and DL...and then Taylor Decker going 3 picks later. Decker actually would fit well with TEN as he's had to protect mobile QBs at Ohio St.
  • Lee to DET when it states that MLB is far more of a need...only to have Ragland taken a pick later.
  • Apple to NYJ when it states that the Jets would be very unlikely to actually take Apple anyway.
  • Doctson to SEA when it states he doesn't really fit in the Seahawks scheme...this mock just thinks Doctson should go in the early to mid 20's range.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Why do so many mocks continue to have the Titans taking a WR? They have WRs on the team but desperately lack protection for their franchise QB. No way the Bengals would pass up taking Coleman or Doctson...if they would that would be exceptionally stupid.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2016, 01:18 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I guess I view it differently than you, as there are numerous instances where the article mentions a team would be much more likely to focus on another position, but they slot that team with taking a player outside of that position (or positions). Almost like the entire mock is comprised of BPA regardless of need.

Examples:

• Bosa to JAX when it states the Jags would rather land a CB or LB there...and then Myles Jack is taken one pick later.
  • Treadwell to TEN when it states they need help on both OL and DL...and then Taylor Decker going 3 picks later. Decker actually would fit well with TEN as he's had to protect mobile QBs at Ohio St.
  • Lee to DET when it states that MLB is far more of a need...only to have Ragland taken a pick later.
  • Apple to NYJ when it states that the Jets would be very unlikely to actually take Apple anyway.
  • Doctson to SEA when it states he doesn't really fit in the Seahawks scheme...this mock just thinks Doctson should go in the early to mid 20's range.

You have a better thought out response to this than I.  Mine was more knee jerk.  You make good points.

Thanks for your reply
Reply/Quote