Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting Snap Count Stats from Dallas Game
(12-14-2020, 03:32 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Gotta shoot higher than that... try to match his loss total, tall order!

I'd have to bump some of my posts about how Zac was a terrible hire from 2 years ago for that!

But, no need to bump them as quite a few people talk about how he was a terrible OC at UC and OC for the Dolphins! <-- That's been really flatterring!
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 01:25 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I didn't even see Bailey out there?  Was he only on ST?  Did anyone notice?  Didn't make the stat sheet.  I would much rather see him over Bynes at this point and Rose over Sims.  And why was Kareem only out there 8 snaps?  Geez.  

I saw Bailey out there, and when I saw him, I completely forgot who he was. I just remember seeing a #51 jersey with Bailey on the back and couldn't place him. Then I remembered he was our 7th rounder. 

As much as Zac frustrates us, I will give him a LITTLE credit in giving our rookies a chance. Seriously, every rookie has played this year. When was the last time we had every rookie get some playing time during the season?
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Of course I'll be called a homer for saying anything, but maybe ZT knows what he has in Wilson and others and there is no doubt he is keeping them, and he wants to see what those behind him bring to the table. While I don't think he's losing on purpose, he's clearly playing for next year.

On edit: Wilson is injured.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 01:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Taylor keeps playing same guys as we lose all our games.  .  .  

"WTF is Taylor doing?  These guys are not winning.  He needs to paly different guys!!"

Taylor benches guys as we lose all our games.  .  .  

"WTF is Taylor doing?  He needs to keep playing the same guys so they can get better!!"

Yeah, well, until Taylor is benched I'm afraid the outcome is will continue to suck donkey balls.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 12:36 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: With 2.5 wins, why not develop the rookies? Zac is playing to win.

Pratt is 2nd year guy, Bynes we paid money to start , 
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2020, 02:10 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Pratt is 2nd year guy, Bynes we paid money to start , 

And Wilson was a 3rd Round pick. Bynes is on a 1 year deal and mediocre.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2020, 10:28 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: And Wilson was a 3rd Round pick. Bynes is on a 1 year deal and mediocre.

Again, Wilson was injured....
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2020, 10:08 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Of course I'll be called a homer for saying anything, but maybe ZT knows what he has in Wilson and others and there is no doubt he is keeping them, and he wants to see what those behind him bring to the table. While I don't think he's losing on purpose, he's clearly playing for next year.

Taylor has no.sense of urgency when.it comes to winning.
He acts like he has 10 years to turn this culture around that he created.his ego is front and center. 
In.his mind hes making all the right calls 
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2020, 10:08 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Of course I'll be called a homer for saying anything, but maybe ZT knows what he has in Wilson and others and there is no doubt he is keeping them, and he wants to see what those behind him bring to the table. While I don't think he's losing on purpose, he's clearly playing for next year.

Yeah...that's ridiculous. You think Taylor is 'seeing what he has in Bynes'...ahead of developing young guys.

And the 'playing for next year' part...he's playing veterans over younger guys. That screams trying to win now to save his job.

Legit, only the most hardcore homers can see good in things a 4.5 win coach over 2 years does. And you strain as hard as anyone to find the positives in his moves.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 12:36 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote:  Zac is playing to win.

Well as long as hes trying...  His whole think you can method might pay off some day lol
Reply/Quote
So we are complaining about the LB counts and they hold Elliot to 48 yards rushing on 12 carries.. seems pretty damn good to me.. Bynes lead the team with 7 tackles, 4 solos and Pratt was third with 5/2.. sounds like a good game plan.... PS the rest of the LBS combined for 1 tackle i believe..

So break it down another way...

Bynes and Pratt 76 plays.. 12 tackles. So every 6 of their plays, they were in a on a tackle

Rest of LBs: 26 plays with 1 tackle..
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2020, 02:36 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: So we are complaining about the LB counts and they hold Elliot to 48 yards rushing on 12 carries.. seems pretty damn good to me.. Bynes lead the team with 7 tackles, 4 solos and Pratt was third with 5/2.. sounds like a good game plan....  PS the rest of the LBS combined for 1 tackle i believe..

So break it down another way...

Bynes and Pratt 76 plays.. 12 tackles.  So every 6 of their plays, they were in a on a tackle

Rest of LBs:  26 plays with 1 tackle..

Elliott popped off a 26 yd run when the defense needed a stop
Then and there. His longest run all year.no surprise against one
Of the worst run defenses in the AFC North
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2020, 02:56 PM)impactplaya Wrote:
Elliott popped off a 26 yd run when the defense needed a stop

Isn't that kind of what Elliott does??? To just about everyone???
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2020, 02:56 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Elliott popped off a 26 yd run when the defense needed a stop

so let me get this correct ONE run of 26 yards on one play for 4 quarters vs. 11 runs for 22 yards means complete failure from a defense.. ?????????? come on man !!!
Reply/Quote
The Cowboys rushed for 4 ypc. Not exactly shutdown.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2020, 05:17 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Isn't that kind of what Elliott does??? To just about everyone???

Not this,year. Let's be real the Bengas defense has,been overall
Pathetic this year. What has it done well this year
In Lou's 2nd year?
Not one darn thing. Andy Dalton and Tyrod Taylor have
Victories vs this defense. Baker Mayfield is unstoppable
Vs this defense. 
This defense doesnt nothing good.
Cant shed blocks...or force TOs.cant  Sack the QB
TEs ranging from Engram to Schultz look like
HOFers 
Yeah Im supposed to find a,positive vs Ezekial Elliott
Really. He made a play and the Bengals defense
Wilted.
Im not a moral victory guy.sorry.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2020, 12:40 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Not this,year. Let's be real the Bengas defense has,been overall
Pathetic this year. What has it done well this year
In Lou's 2nd year?
Not one darn thing. Andy Dalton and Tyrod Taylor have
Victories vs this defense. Baker Mayfield is unstoppable
Vs this defense. 
This defense doesnt nothing good.
Cant shed blocks...or force TOs.cant  Sack the QB
TEs ranging from Engram to Schultz look like
HOFers 
Yeah Im supposed to find a,positive vs Ezekial Elliott
Really. He made a play and the Bengals defense
Wilted.
Im not a moral victory guy.sorry.

Elliott went 12 carries for 48 yds against the Bengals for a 4 yd per average carry. Against other teams he went:
4.3 per against Baltimore
4.9 per against Minnesota
4.1 per against Arizona
4.8 per against the Giants
4.5 per against Cleveland
4.0 against Atlanta
4.4 per against the Rams

Receiving yds. he averaged 5.5 against the Bengals:
4.5 against Baltimore
7 against the Redskins
5.5 against Minnesota
9 against Pittsburgh
10 against Philly
6 against the Redskins
14 against the Giants
8.9 against Cleveland
5.5 against Atlanta
10.3 against the Rams

I'd say the Bengals did just fine against him.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2020, 12:52 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Elliott went 12 carries for 48 yds against the Bengals for a 4 yd per average carry. Against other teams he went:
4.3 per against Baltimore
4.9 per against Minnesota
4.1 per against Arizona
4.8 per against the Giants
4.5 per against Cleveland
4.0 against Atlanta
4.4 per against the Rams

Receiving yds. he averaged 5.5 against the Bengals:
4.5 against Baltimore
7 against the Redskins
5.5 against Minnesota
9 against Pittsburgh
10 against Philly
6 against the Redskins
14 against the Giants
8.9 against Cleveland
5.5 against Atlanta
10.3 against the Rams

I'd say the Bengals did just fine against him.

Of course you left out all the teams he rushed for under 4 ypc against...as you know...he's averaging 3.9 ypc this year. So we gave up slightly more ypc than his average on the year. (He rushed for 4 ypc against us.)

But, why do this? You're straining to prove that Bynes playing over Wilson was the right move. IF Zac played Wilson over Bynes, you'd be talking about how that is great.

Why are you so obsessed with defending EVERYTHING Zac does? It totally kills your credability.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2020, 01:29 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: But, why do this? You're straining to prove that Bynes playing over Wilson was the right move. IF Zac played Wilson over Bynes, you'd be talking about how that is great.

Why are you so obsessed with defending EVERYTHING Zac does? It totally kills your credability.

LOL @ the person so obsessed with bashing everything the HC does that he's lost sight of the fact the player was injured. You're two opposite sides of the same coin.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2020, 01:29 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Of course you left out all the teams he rushed for under 4 ypc against...as you know...he's averaging 3.9 ypc this year. So we gave up slightly more ypc than his average on the year. (He rushed for 4 ypc against us.)

But, why do this? You're straining to prove that Bynes playing over Wilson was the right move. IF Zac played Wilson over Bynes, you'd be talking about how that is great.

The teams that held him to less don't really factor in to the conversation. The assertion was that Elliott was not held in check by the Bengals, and so the Bengals suck. What I pointed out is some very good defenses that had the same result (in fact look at the gashing Pittsburgh took) because that is what Zeke Elliott does. So if the Bengals held him to his average, they must not suck all that bad. And I've posted this many times, but I'll post it again....... WILSON WAS INJURED. I'm not obsessed with defending everything Zac does, I've criticized him a lot. I'm just not obsessed with criticizing everything he does.
Reply/Quote