Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Interesting Stat on Penalties

It's interesting heading into week 8 we are one of the least penalized teams in the league. Penalties tend to be a function of coaching and I think it's another feather in Taylor's cap in terms of him preparing the team for games each week.

Side Note:  before anyone gets excited about JAX they have only played 6 games compared to 7 for everyone else on that list.
Reply/Quote
Pretty sure we only had 1 penalty against the ravens.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It is refreshing this year to not have the Bobby Hart at least once a game false start. And although I thoroughly enjoyed the Adam Jones-Vontez Burfict years, it has been nice to not have all the extracurricular stuff going on and getting the unsportsmanlike penalties. And to have only one penalty on Sunday for 5 yards shows how much this team has improved in the penalty department. 
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 03:57 PM)FastEddie Wrote: It is refreshing this year to not have the Bobby Hart at least once a game false start. And although I thoroughly enjoyed the Adam Jones-Vontez Burfict years, it has been nice to not have all the extracurricular stuff going on and getting the unsportsmanlike penalties. And to have only one penalty on Sunday for 5 yards shows how much this team has improved in the penalty department. 

No doubt. Those damn 15yd penalties cost us.

Reply/Quote
Much easier to execute your gameplan
When your not in 3rd and 17 because
Of idiots like Alex Redmond and Bobby Hart with
A holding call or false start.
Thank god they are no longer on this team
Reply/Quote
No DPI penalties in that total either. 1 ticky tacky taunting call against Vonn Bell and 1 roughing the passer call were the only personal fouls

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Browns haven’t committed a penalty all year according to their fans
Reply/Quote
Can it be that the incompetent Bengal coaches have their team playing with discipline?
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 05:26 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Can it be that the incompetent Bengal coaches have their team playing with discipline?

I'm not sure that discipline has been the knock on the coaches.  It certainly hasn't been from my perspective.  

These are some super impressive stats, though.  To not have drives consistently ending or stalled by penalties is huge in keeping (or building) momentum. 
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 03:57 PM)FastEddie Wrote: It is refreshing this year to not have the Bobby Hart at least once a game false start. And although I thoroughly enjoyed the Adam Jones-Vontez Burfict years, it has been nice to not have all the extracurricular stuff going on and getting the unsportsmanlike penalties. And to have only one penalty on Sunday for 5 yards shows how much this team has improved in the penalty department. 

In 8 years (plus playoffs) with the Bengals, Adam Jones only had 2 unsportsmanlike penalties and one of those was the 2015 playoff game.

That is the same amount that Domata Peko had in his 11 year Bengal career.

Stop that narrative.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 03:45 PM)Au165 Wrote:  

It's interesting heading into week 8 we are one of the least penalized teams in the league. Penalties tend to be a function of coaching and I think it's another feather in Taylor's cap in terms of him preparing the team for games each week.

Side Note:  before anyone gets excited about JAX they have only played 6 games compared to 7 for everyone else on that list.

Another great stat, Taylor and the coaches have done great so far this year in this area. This team is disciplined for once and 
playing smart on top of everything else. There isn't really one position group that has been bad in this area, not even the OL
which has been a problem for us for years in the penalty department. Killed the Ravens Sunday with their false starts and the 
holding calls.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 03:57 PM)FastEddie Wrote: It is refreshing this year to not have the Bobby Hart at least once a game false start.

Not to mention Alex Redmond…

Replacing those 2 guys has been huge.

Reply/Quote