Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting: Teammates had issues with Willis last season....
(06-08-2018, 05:20 PM)snowy Wrote: Flamboyance wears thin after awhile. Give me somebody who does his job without all the "oooh,, look at what I just did" histrionics. Willis' extroverted teammates need to get over themselves if they have a problem with somebody being quiet and keeping to himself.

His college coach referred to him and his work ethic as "The epitome of the team".  I love his character, and he may be serious about his job.  Maybe others could learn from him.  I remember being pissed off when I saw TJ and Chad out at Jilians (They weren't drinking at least) until late a day before a big home game and thinking "you should be off your feet or watching film".  I may come off high-and-mighty, but if you look at the most successful teams, well, there is this whole "the Patriots are not fun" thing going on now....uh, give me some of that non-fun if I am a player.

If these guys EVER win a Super Bowl, they will never pay for another meal in town the rest of their lives. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2018, 05:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That is another problem I have with Willis's claim.  Seems like the type of demeanor he is describing would not bother anyone.  Makes me question his story a bit.

Maybe so, Fred, but it's my experience extroverts take it personally when they feel they're being ignored. What's really happening from the introvert's perspective is that being around extroversion or having to act extroverted is _exhausting_, and there's a real need to shut down as a defense mechanism.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2018, 10:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I did jerk some stuff into a gym locker.   LOL.

Quit staring into the showers.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-09-2018, 08:10 PM)snowy Wrote: Maybe so, Fred, but it's my experience extroverts take it personally when they feel they're being ignored. What's really happening from the introvert's perspective is that being around extroversion or having to act extroverted is _exhausting_, and there's a real need to shut down as a defense mechanism.

Huh?

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2018, 04:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I wouldn't put much stock into him rubbing people the wrong way.  Seems to me that perhaps the author had to dig deep to find something grabbing to tell about, and maybe make it seem like more than it actually was.  If I were a guessing man, I'd say it might be a while before Jordan Willis offers up any info to that particular reporter again.  It's awful convenient that the two players mentioned by name are no longer with the team.  Actually, guys like Gilberry and Clarke would have pretty good motive to not be welcoming to him, after all he was drafted in the 3rd round to come and take their jobs.  (I realize that Willis didn't name anyone, but the author sure brought those names right up in the next paragraph.  I have read enough of these articles over the years to get what they're trying to say.)

As for him now?  Hell yeah, adding 15# of muscle without losing any speed is a phenomenal achievement.  If he keeps getting bigger, he just might end up in that DE/DT role that the team seems to enjoy having on board.  In a worst case scenario, he might be the one to step into Carlos' role, when the inevitable day arrives.

Those two and Smith are the 3 mentioned, but he stated that the culprits did not make the team, so those two are the prime suspects.

Reading further along, Willis mentioned how he does not have the type of personality to bring a group around him to share his knowledge, but would never fail to share his knowledge when asked.

That makes me wonder if the whole problem was that he didn't regularly interact with those vets, and then would ask for advice. Perhaps it was a scenario of those vets feeling that he only would talk to them if he wanted something.  Pure supposition, of course.
Reply/Quote