Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting Thing Of Note
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2017/09/15/green-fumes-could-changes-coming-offense/669121001/
Quote:The two quietly talked, before walking down the long hallway and turning toward the parking lot slowly, stride for stride.

Paul Dehner Jr's article notes that after the game, Dalton and AJ were talking and left together. For an AJ who for possibly the first time is outwardly and vocally angry with how things are going, he's still leaving with Dalton.

That makes me believe that AJ knows it's an OL/Zampese problem a whole lot more than it is a Dalton problem. I can't imagine Green would be getting that fired up and vocal after the game, and still be buddy-buddy with Dalton if he truly thought he was the problem.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 10:18 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2017/09/15/green-fumes-could-changes-coming-offense/669121001/

Paul Dehner Jr's article notes that after the game, Dalton and AJ were talking and left together. For an AJ who for possibly the first time is outwardly and vocally angry with how things are going, he's still leaving with Dalton.

That makes me believe that AJ knows it's an OL/Zampese problem a whole lot more than it is a Dalton problem. I can't imagine Green would be getting that fired up and vocal after the game, and still be buddy-buddy with Dalton if he truly thought he was the problem.

Andy Dalton is no world beater. You know that, I know that, AJ Green knows that, everyone knows that. But for an offense that has this much individual talent at all positions (just count the 1st and 2nd round draft picks) to not be producing just screams poor coaching. 
Reply/Quote
AJ knows what Dalton is by now as we all do. He probably also knows what a good OC can do to get the best out of them. That's why we owe it to them to give them a shot under a new staff.

See how Dalton looks under the fresh eyes of a new staff before moving on. Draft his replacement if you want, give the new HC his option. But make sure he isn't going to be a late bloomer like Alex Smith, or find a couple more peak seasons flashbacks like Palmer.

AJ was pretty emotional. Good to see he hasn't totally checked out emotionally.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
AJ Green goes all out on every play. God bless him. So does Andy Dalton -- but the falloff from 2015 to 2017 isn't all on Andy. Far from it. Look, Andy is making some bad throws and playing scared but there are reasons why 2016 and 2017 are different than 2011-2015:

1. Ken Zampese. He's not Hue Jackson or Jay Gruden.

2. Andrew Whitworth, Kevin Zeitler, and Andre Smith were on the same offensive line as late as 2015. Losing Andre in 2016 was more impactful than people realize and losing Andrew and Kevin was devastating. Jake Fisher and Cedric Ogbuehi are good tackles but bad fits for Cincinnati. Neither Oregon nor Texas A&M run NFL style offenses. Drafting linemen from the SEC or Big 10 works best.

3. No running game. The offensive line can't run block. Period. They weren't taught how by Paul Alexander but Big Whit could mentor the line away from the coach.
Reply/Quote
Maybe, just maybe, these cats will start calling their own plays and say to hell with Zampese.  The offense would probably look better, but with this oline, we're still in deep trouble.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Mike Brown gonna cut Green for being a distraction now. He'll sign it by dipping his middle finger in ink while he smiles into a camera that's broadcasting to every Bengals fan's TV.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 11:35 AM)Wyche Wrote: Maybe, just maybe, these cats will start calling their own plays and say to hell with Zampese.  The offense would probably look better, but with this oline, we're still in deep trouble.

Just mutiny and have player-appointed player-coaches? I like it.

(I still think Joey Votto as player-manager would be better than Bryan Price. Bring back the player-managers!)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 11:43 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Just mutiny and have player-appointed player-coaches? I like it.

(I still think Joey Votto as player-manager would be better than Bryan Price. Bring back the player-managers!)

Hell yeah.....just run the 2 minute drill the whole game....screw em.  Audible out of every call that ******* makes.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 10:45 AM)jj22 Wrote: AJ knows what Dalton is by now as we all do. He probably also knows what a good OC can do to get the best out of them. That's why we owe it to them to give them a shot under a new staff.

See how Dalton looks under the fresh eyes of a new staff before moving on. Draft his replacement if you want, give the new HC his option. But make sure he isn't going to be a late bloomer like Alex Smith, or find a couple more peak seasons flashbacks like Palmer.

AJ was pretty emotional. Good to see he hasn't totally checked out emotionally.

It would be an NFL record how many staff changes we've made to compensate Dalton. No thanks. 
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 12:30 PM)Fresno B Wrote: It would be an NFL record how many staff changes we've made to compensate Dalton. No thanks. 

What? We've had to make changes because his coordinators got better jobs.

Stop making shit up.
Reply/Quote
AJ Green has been a class act through and through, I'm siding with him.

We have no reason to doubt what he has to say.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 10:31 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: Andy Dalton is no world beater. You know that, I know that, AJ Green knows that, everyone knows that. But for an offense that has this much individual talent at all positions (just count the 1st and 2nd round draft picks) to not be producing just screams poor coaching. 

I know they lost last week but last year NE played without a single 1st rd pick on offense. Pretty damn sickening we cant get a damn TD out of this group.
Reply/Quote