Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting Video - How The Cincinnati Bengals Completed The FASTEST Rebuild In NFL H
Video 
Interesting watch... only 11:28 if you have the time.

Reply/Quote
Don't even need to watch the video. There's a picture of Joe Burrow as the thumbnail. That's the answer.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2022, 04:44 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Interesting watch... only 11:28 if you have the time.

It defiantly starts with Burrow. But we don’t make the Super Bowl last year without that defense. Hitting on key free agents (Hill, Awouzie, Hendrickson, Reader, Hilton, Apple), hitting on draft picks (Wilson, Pratt). They carried us through the playoffs. And they’ve carried us a couple games this year. We’re nobody without Burrow, but there’s more to it than just getting him. And I didn’t even mention hitting on 2nd round pick Higgins and top 5 pick Chase to be as good as he is. It’s not easy to pick an all pro even with a top 5 pick.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2022, 04:58 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Don't even need to watch the video. There's a picture of Joe Burrow as the thumbnail. That's the answer.

yep
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2022, 04:44 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Interesting watch... only 11:28 if you have the time.

"Just ask the New England Jets" @ 10:35. So the creator of this video states.  Hilarious  
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2022, 05:28 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: "Just ask the New England Jets" @ 10:35. So the creator of this video states.  Hilarious  

Yea... I left a comment on YouTube about that.  :)
Reply/Quote
Not even gonna watch the video

We drafted Burrow and Chase

Those 2 could rebuild ANY roster in the league right now.

Yes…even the Texans. Put Burrow and Chase on the Texans and the Texans would at least fight in the AFC
-Housh
Reply/Quote
The way they built the team goes way beyond Burrow and Chase. They built the core of the team through drafting and MID TIER free agents. The key to this was hitting FAR more often than not on those free agents. Not having bad contracts or a ton of dead money made this a sustainable build rather than a sell out and rebuild.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2022, 07:47 PM)Au165 Wrote: The way they built the team goes way beyond Burrow and Chase. They built the core of the team through drafting and MID TIER free agents. The key to this was hitting FAR more often than not on those free agents. Not having bad contracts or a ton of dead money made this a sustainable build rather than a sell out and rebuild.

This....and I don't even have to watch. It should be obvious.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2022, 05:21 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: It defiantly starts with Burrow. But we don’t make the Super Bowl last year without that defense. Hitting on key free agents (Hill, Awouzie, Hendrickson, Reader, Hilton, Apple), hitting on draft picks (Wilson, Pratt). They carried us through the playoffs. And they’ve carried us a couple games this year. We’re nobody without Burrow, but there’s more to it than just getting him. And I didn’t even mention hitting on 2nd round pick Higgins and top 5 pick Chase to be as good as he is. It’s not easy to pick an all pro even with a top 5 pick.

......and this 

Reply/Quote
The key was being absolutely terrible to land the #1 pick
..and there being an elite qb to draft there.

Then, Chase was big.

Getting an elite qb on a rookie deal is a cheat code.
Reply/Quote
Will watch later when afforded the time but really I give a lot the credit for the turnaround to Katie Blackburn.

Joe Burrow and Chase are huge parts of the turnaround, but believe she is responsible for the FA spending we all wanted for eons.

Katie is my FO hero !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2022, 01:14 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Will watch later when afforded the time but really I give a lot the credit for the turnaround to Katie Blackburn.

Joe Burrow and Chase are huge parts of the turnaround, but believe she is responsible for the FA spending we all wanted for eons.

Katie is my FO hero !

.....and her kids are doing bang up PR work. The organization has modernized all around finally, lol.

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2022, 01:21 AM)Wyche Wrote: .....and her kids are doing bang up PR work. The organization has modernized all around finally, lol.

It's a very welcome change in my book

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2022, 07:47 PM)Au165 Wrote: The way they built the team goes way beyond Burrow and Chase. They built the core of the team through drafting and MID TIER free agents. The key to this was hitting FAR more often than not on those free agents. Not having bad contracts or a ton of dead money made this a sustainable build rather than a sell out and rebuild.

There’s definitely a lot more to the story than Joe and Chase.

I’ll rank them:
1. Burrow
2. Solid drafting besides just Chase including character
3. Free Agency success including character
4. The culture and instilling confidence
5. The coaching staff
6. Ownership cooperation
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
I watched the video. When I saw Marvin Lewis (who I respect), Alex Redmond and some of the other old guard, I threw up a little in my mouth a little.
Reply/Quote
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2022, 02:34 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I watched the video. When I saw Marvin Lewis (who I respect), Alex Redmond and some of the other old guard, I threw up a little in my mouth a little.

I started watching and got to about the middle but the guy was getting people's names wrong, had us signing some Mike Hinton 
Corner and stuff who I think he meant Mike Hilton but man, the dude didn't research clearly. I just stopped watching after seeing
that. Need a much better vid than that to represent what Zac, Lou and the FO have done in the past 3 or so years in turning this 
team into a contender.

It is the biggest turnaround I have ever witnessed by an NFL team.

(12-10-2022, 04:20 PM)Synric Wrote:

Hilarious

It is more than just that, but he sure is the big reason why we turned the team around. Brings another level of confidence to the team.
Reply/Quote