Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Interesting article on Bengals offseason moves
They have been much more active in the Off Season than we are used to, and for the most part, they have been hitting pretty well.
Scott was just one of those "fit the criteria they like, but ended up a miss", it happens, can't hit if you aren't swinging.
I'm hoping we get Justin Simmons to take over at FS, that would help the defense more than people think. They need a veteran communicator back there and he's still playing at an elite level as well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 06:19 PM)ochocincos Wrote: What I took away - Bengals don't value paying safeties  Ninja

Apparently no one in the league does right now. Interesting trend.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2024, 12:58 PM)Au165 Wrote: Apparently no one in the league does right now. Interesting trend.

Well, almost anyone.  Haven't heard any reports of Bates getting released by the Falcons.  Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2024, 12:47 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I'm not much of a Frank supporter these days, but Stewey's right. It's been a problem for close to a decade now. 

Reading all the posts sounds like it.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2024, 12:52 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: They have been much more active in the Off Season than we are used to, and for the most part, they have been hitting pretty well.
Scott was just one of those "fit the criteria they like, but ended up a miss", it happens, can't hit if you aren't swinging.
I'm hoping we get Justin Simmons to take over at FS, that would help the defense more than people think. They need a veteran communicator back there and he's still playing at an elite level as well.

Completely agree Mike. Dax still would get tons of snaps and would be the starting FS while Simmons heals up. Slot Corner, Nickle 
Safety and WILL Linebacker all could be upgraded with Dax once Simmons is ready to roll. Getting Pratt off the field on 3rd and longs
needs to happen, what better way than with a fast player in Dax that can tackle and cover well?
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2024, 01:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, almost anyone.  Haven't heard any reports of Bates getting released by the Falcons.  Ninja

Yea. I have seen a lot of reports that the safety market will be really depressed this FA season. Would be interesting if there is a bit of a reset coming at that position salary wise.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2024, 02:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Completely agree Mike. Dax still would get tons of snaps and would be the starting FS while Simmons heals up. Slot Corner, Nickle 
Safety and WILL Linebacker all could be upgraded with Dax once Simmons is ready to roll. Getting Pratt off the field on 3rd and longs
needs to happen, what better way than with a fast player in Dax that can tackle and cover well?

Justin isn't hurt? He's a cap casualty from the Bronco's cutting Russel Wilson. 
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2024, 06:03 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Justin isn't hurt? He's a cap casualty from the Bronco's cutting Russel Wilson. 

I heard someone say he was coming off a injury?
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2024, 06:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I heard someone say he was coming off a injury?

Looks like he missed 2 games in 2023, and 5 in 2022.  The 4 previous seasons he started every game.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2024, 06:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Looks like he missed 2 games in 2023, and 5 in 2022.  The 4 previous seasons he started every game.

Frickin' A man, this makes me much more down with bringing in Simmons. Maybe someone was talking about another player or somethin'.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2024, 10:23 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The cap goes up every year. This shouldn't be a shock to anyone. It will go up next year, and the next year, and the next year. The cap is projected to be 100 million more in 2026 than it is today. 

I don't think anyone realized how much the cap would be going up. It's went up astronomically the last couple years.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2024, 06:56 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I don't think anyone realized how much the cap would be going up. It's went up astronomically the last couple years.

This was predicted at the conclusion of the 2022 season, once the numbers for the new TV deal were in place.  It just didn't make as dramatic of a jump last season.  Not sure, but I think it had something to do with the league paying itself back lost income from keeping things going during covid.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2024, 06:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: This was predicted at the conclusion of the 2022 season, once the numbers for the new TV deal were in place.  It just didn't make as dramatic of a jump last season.  Not sure, but I think it had something to do with the league paying itself back lost income from keeping things going during covid.

Spot on
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote