Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting how we could actually run the ball the past 2 games
So there was a narrative on the board that the offensive line has been terrible and no coaches could put up points here. I agree that losing Jonah and Boling hurt, but we have 4 lineman out there now that played last year. I would argue that Jerry has played equal to Glenn at Tackle last year. (Glenn is a terrible run blocker.)

Then, bam the last 2 games...we can run the ball?

One obvious change was we go 2 TE more. We also brought MJ in as a 6th blocker.

Our coaching is just horrible. The right coaches would have figured out ways to run the ball earlier in the year and not had Andy throwing the ball 50+ times.

There was a thread about how there are not a lot of food lineman in the league on offense anymore...and that the teams that win are the ones that figure out schematic ways to run the ball.

Taylor and company just aren't creative.

With better coaches...we likely have 2-3 wins.
Reply/Quote
Not all that interesting actually. Nothing about this team is interesting
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 11:18 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So there was a narrative on the board that the offensive line has been terrible and no coaches could put up points here. I agree that losing Jonah and Boling hurt, but we have 4 lineman out there now that played last year. I would argue that Jerry has played equal to Glenn at Tackle last year. (Glenn is a terrible run blocker.)

Then, bam the last 2 games...we can run the ball?

One obvious change was we go 2 TE more. We also brought MJ in as a 6th blocker.

Our coaching is just horrible. The right coaches would have figured out ways to run the ball earlier in the year and not had Andy throwing the ball 50+ times.

There was a thread about how there are not a lot of food lineman in the league on offense anymore...and that the teams that win are the ones that figure out schematic ways to run the ball.

Taylor and company just aren't creative.

With better coaches...we likely have 2-3 wins.

not sure being able to run during a blowout loss is that great a thing... but I guess its better than not being able to run during a blow out loss.
Reply/Quote