Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting hypothetical for Deebo Samuel
https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/3414885/if-the-bengals-wanted-to-they-could-trade-for-deebo-samuel-and-demolish-everyone-in-their-path
Reply/Quote
Deebo is better than Boyd, but no where near enough better to justify giving up a first round pick and paying Samuel $25 million a year. That would be crazy.
Reply/Quote
This seems too much like a fantasy football pipe dream.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2022, 10:38 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Deebo is better than Boyd, but no where near enough better to justify giving up a first round pick and paying Samuel $25 million a year.  That would be crazy.

We would get their 2nd and exchange first next year. It probably wont happen. Deebo is 1 of my favorite non Bengal players to watch he is a difference maker .
Reply/Quote
The Bengals would then let Chase walk in a few years, as there's no way you pay $50 million to two receivers? No thanks!
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2022, 10:43 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: We would get their 2nd and exchange first next year. It probably wont happen. Deebo is 1 of my favorite non Bengal players to watch he is a difference maker .

Actually he would not be that big of a difference maker when we already have Chase and Higgins at WR.

When you already have the best trio of WRs in the league Deebo would only be a small upgrade.  No championship team in NFL history was built around having 2 of the highest paid WRs in the league.
Reply/Quote
I like Deebo but he will probably go to the Jets or another team in need of a receiver anyway. The Bengals are just fine the way they are right now. Why mess it up?
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I read the article. I have to give props to actually coming up with at least realistic value in the trade. It would never happen, but damn it’s fun to think about. And I would actually be on board with the trade. Hell with the cap, we’ll figure it out. If it doesn’t work out in 3 years, you trade Deebo (just like Brandon Cooks has been traded like 5x for high picks). Go all in and win a SB in the next 2 years.
Reply/Quote
You guys are seriously talking about a barstool article?

While we’re at it, let’s just trade for DK metcalf as well
Reply/Quote
Deebo is a very good receiver but he doesn't move the needle very much for Cincinnati. It simply wouldn't be worth it.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2022, 11:26 AM)Ell Prez Wrote: I read the article. I have to give props to actually coming up with at least realistic value in the trade. It would never happen, but damn it’s fun to think about. And I would actually be on board with the trade. Hell with the cap, we’ll figure it out. If it doesn’t work out in 3 years, you trade Deebo (just like Brandon Cooks has been traded like 5x for high picks). Go all in and win a SB in the next 2 years.

I'm 100% in on Deebo.. No one would touch us.. Boyd and a 1st get it done...
Reply/Quote
Bengals are one of the few teams that don't need Deebo.

Already have the best WR trio in the NFL, and a $12m/yr RB. Giving up a 1st and paying a WR $25m/yr is already iffy, but it really doesn't make sense if it also costs Boyd as while it's an upgrade, it's nowhere near enough to justify the cost.

Bengals only need to add a #4 WR.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I was waiting for a thread about Deebo after I saw he asked for a trade. I'm a big Boyd fan but Deebo probably has enough of an increase in talent that I would consider that trade. It would never happen but it's fun to think about. The real question is would the Panthers trade they're 1st and McCaffery for Deebo and Garoppolo and probably San Frans 2nd and 3rd pick?
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2022, 11:31 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Deebo is a very good receiver but he doesn't move the needle very much for Cincinnati. It simply wouldn't be worth it.

A very good receiver and also a threat in the running game.  He had 365 rushing yards, 6.2 yards per attempt, and 8 rushing TDs last year so seems to be a red zone threat as well.  He's a great player that can play all over the field. He's the kind of player that a team can design a lot of plays around that catch a defense off guard. That said, yeah it is fun to think about what he could contribute but it would not be worth the cost. 

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2022, 12:13 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: A very good receiver and also a threat in the running game.  He had 365 rushing yards, 6.2 yards per attempt, and 8 rushing TDs last year so seems to be a red zone threat as well.  He's a great player that can play all over the field. He's the kind of player that a team can design a lot of plays around that catch a defense off guard. That said, yeah it is fun to think about what he could contribute but it would not be worth the cost. 

Deebo did not rack up rushing yards because he is an elite ball carrier.  He did it because the Niners designed plays to take advantage of his skills.

Look at how Chase is built.  He could be just as good as Deebo running the ball if he played in the same system.

Not saying Deebo is not a great player.  Not saying he would not be an upgrade over Boyd.  But it would be a ridiculous waste of resources (draft capitol + salary) for only a slight upgrade.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2022, 12:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Deebo did not rack up rushing yards because he is an elite ball carrier.  He did it because the Niners designed plays to take advantage of his skills.

Look at how Chase is built.  He could be just as good as Deebo running the ball if he played in the same system.

Not saying Deebo is not a great player.  Not saying he would not be an upgrade over Boyd.  But it would be a ridiculous waste of resources (draft capitol + salary) for only a slight upgrade.

Which is why I said, "He's a great player that can play all over the field. He's the kind of player that a team can design a lot of plays around that catch a defense off guard."

And also why I said,"That said, yeah it is fun to think about what he could contribute but it would not be worth the cost.  "

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2022, 12:58 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Which is why I said, "He's a great player that can play all over the field. He's the kind of player that a team can design a lot of plays around that catch a defense off guard."

And also why I said,"That said, yeah it is fun to think about what he could contribute but it would not be worth the cost.  "

Yes, I agreed with most of your post.  I just quoted it to point out that Deebo did not have extra value due to his running ability.

The comments about wasting resources were more general than pointed at you, but I can see how it appeared that way.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2022, 10:28 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/3414885/if-the-bengals-wanted-to-they-could-trade-for-deebo-samuel-and-demolish-everyone-in-their-path

Samuels price will be paid by a desperate receiver needy team, not the Bengals. Bengals can use the draft to get a Boyd replacement.
Reply/Quote
Not if you guys want to have a snowball's chance in hell at retaining Higgins AND Chase.

Let's say we make that trade. We are younger at WR, but how much better? Is Deebo not hurt every year? I'm not sold on this benefitting us. He's known more as a W-Back, not a pure WR like we would use him as, which I don't think he's worth the $ he wants.

Hate to be a stick in the mud, but let him go to the Ravens, they won't throw it to him there.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2022, 03:17 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: Not if you guys want to have a snowball's chance in hell at retaining Higgins AND Chase.

Let's say we make that trade. We are younger at WR, but how much better? Is Deebo not hurt every year? I'm not sold on this benefitting us. He's known more as a W-Back, not a pure WR like we would use him as, which I don't think he's worth the $ he wants.

Hate to be a stick in the mud, but let him go to the Ravens, they won't throw it to him there.

Please no. Keep him the hell out of the AFCN. Deebo is a special, special talent. Iirc only him and Kupp had more YAC than Chase last season. I don’t want him anywhere near our division.

Reply/Quote