Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting hypothetical for Deebo Samuel
(04-23-2022, 10:54 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually he would not be that big of a difference maker when we already have Chase and Higgins at WR.

When you already have the best trio of WRs in the league Deebo would only be a small upgrade.  No championship team in NFL history was built around having 2 of the highest paid WRs in the league.

A. You can only double one. Leave chase or deebo single and you're done. 
B. See Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison
C. This scenario won't happen so this is all mute. 
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2022, 03:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Please no. Keep him the hell out of the AFCN. Deebo is a special, special talent. Iirc only him and Kupp had more YAC than Chase last season. I don’t want him anywhere near our division.

Yep let him go to the Giants in the NFC East.   I hear they are looking for a receiver while they try to trade Toney.  :)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2022, 11:51 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Bengals are one of the few teams that don't need Deebo.

Already have the best WR trio in the NFL, and a $12m/yr RB. Giving up a 1st and paying a WR $25m/yr is already iffy, but it really doesn't make sense if it also costs Boyd as while it's an upgrade, it's nowhere near enough to justify the cost.

Bengals only need to add a #4 WR.

^This^
Reply/Quote
Just draft Bo Melton and design a package for him
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
While he would be an intriguing piece... I think some are forgetting the reason he wants to leave is because he doesn't want to be used as a HB. He wants to be a pure WR. To Deebo, it's about longevity in the League. WR's make more money and last longer than RB's, so it's hard to blame him for wanting go leave SF and go somewhere that he will used as he wants to be.
Reply/Quote
Ugh

I really hate threads where ppl just playing around with Trade simulator.

That trade made no sense. Why would we lose the best slot WR in the game a 1st and a 4th and only get back a guy who would be a 1 year rental?
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2022, 11:27 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: You guys are seriously talking about a barstool article?

While we’re at it, let’s just trade for DK metcalf as well

Gotta have depth. LOL
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Let's trade for Kyler Murray while we are at it?

Man, people just come up with anything.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2022, 10:43 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: This seems too much like a fantasy football pipe dream.

its an "Olympic Team" dream
Lets get realistic and smartly draft a guy that can slowly come in and take the slot in a yr or 2....we know Boyd is likely not staying long term with wanting to retain Chase and Higgins 
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2022, 03:23 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: A. You can only double one. Leave chase or deebo single and you're done. 
B. See Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison
C. This scenario won't happen so this is all mute. 

We already have a B scenario.. Chase and Higgins are gonna be better than both those guys too... I bet year 1 of Higgins and Chase crushes year 1 of Harrison and Wayne...
Reply/Quote
Instead of paying alot of Deebo Samuel I would prefer to see Ja'Marr Chase in the slot a little more in 2022.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2022, 12:40 PM)Synric Wrote: Instead of paying alot of Deebo Samuel I would prefer to see Ja'Marr Chase in the slot a little more in 2022.

Not gonna happen with Boyd.

I am very curious about that tho. I think Chase would have a lot of drops tho. Outside WR is just so much different than slot. That’s why Boyd is so valuable. He catches damn near everything
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2022, 12:50 PM)Housh Wrote: Not gonna happen with Boyd.

I am very curious about that tho. I think Chase would have a lot of drops tho. Outside WR is just so much different than slot. That’s why Boyd is so valuable. He catches damn near everything

Chase played in the slot alot more the second half of the year and racked up some nice plays there.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
If we are gonna put 50Mill into the position it’s not gonna be for Chase and Deebo. It’s gonna be for 3-4 solid guys. To me asking us to do that means we are letting Mixon walk. It also means all 3 WRs and Burrow took a pay cut. Chase signing for 18 mil per, Boyd 7 and Tee 14 would be around 50 mill. This would also take Burrow helping us out and leaving 45+ on the table and taking around 35-40 per. Aka we aren’t keeping these guys together past this year in all likelihood. I do not suggest ANY player take a pay cut because said team would not accommodate them in the same way. So if Burrow is worth 55+ per by the time his time comes he needs to take it. If Chase is worth 30 million per and someone will give it to him he needs to take it. If Tee can get 23 million per somewhere he needs to take it. Deebo just doesn’t fit here unless you cut Mixon, make Deebo the RB and get 3 more guys to take pay cuts
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2022, 11:56 AM)Tony Wrote: We already have a B scenario.. Chase and Higgins are gonna be better than both those guys too... I bet year 1 of Higgins and Chase crushes year 1 of Harrison and Wayne...

I don't disagree
Reply/Quote
Pass on Samuel. This time next year, we very likely are in a similar state of affairs with Higgins as Samuel, mcclaurin and brown.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2022, 01:59 AM)Housh Wrote: Ugh

I really hate threads where ppl just playing around with Trade simulator.

That trade made no sense. Why would we lose the best slot WR in the game a 1st and a 4th and only get back a guy who would be a 1 year rental?

You’re overrating Boyd IMO. Tyreek Hill, Cooper Kupp, Chris Godwin and several other receivers log quality snaps in the slot. Boyd may not even be the best slot receiver on the team (Chase), let alone in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 07:55 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: You’re overrating Boyd IMO. Tyreek Hill, Cooper Kupp, Chris Godwin and several other receivers log quality snaps in the slot. Boyd may not even be the best slot receiver on the team (Chase), let alone in the NFL.

People don't realize how many snaps Chase took in the slot the 2nd half of the season.. That KC TD where he burnt 7 guys, he was in the slot...
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2022, 11:00 AM)Tony Wrote: People don't realize how many snaps Chase took in the slot the 2nd half of the season.. That KC TD where he burnt 7 guys, he was in the slot...

Absolutely. Chase made some fantastic plays there and will continue getting playtime in the slot. 
Reply/Quote