Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Interesting numbers as to snap counts
Would like to see some of the young guys get more snaps in the last game.  

Sorry if already posted. 

Reply/Quote
For those who dont have Twitter:

Screenshot 2024-01-02 at 12.41.12 AM

Screenshot 2024-01-02 at 12.41.26 AM

Reply/Quote
Too much Irwin, not enough Yoshi.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2024, 02:54 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Too much Irwin, not enough Yoshi.

Ossai has become an afterthought.  5 snaps?  

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2024, 02:58 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Ossai has become an afterthought.  5 snaps?  

Using a day 2 pick on a guy that barely plays. Fun times.

Reply/Quote
Having Sample out there 72% of the time feels a bit like playing 10-on-11 or at least 10.5-on-11.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Saw this on the snap counts of the younger players.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bengals-fail-to-use-younger-players-well-vs-chiefs-and-other-snap-count-takeaways/ar-AA1mk1qI?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=ffccfca3e9c54ad9b507edc51ea0cb96&ei=88

Quote:he Cincinnati Bengals didn't give younger players enough run during the loss to the Kansas City Chiefs that eliminated them from playoff contention.
That much seems obvious when looking at the official snap counts from the loss.

Some takeaways:
Guard Alex Cappa played 93 percent of the snaps compared to his usual 100 due to a mid-game injury.

Ja'Marr Chase (73 percent) and Tee Higgins (41) both played through injuries, with the latter leaving and eventually returning to tough it out.
Rookie wideout Andrei Iosivas only got 20 snaps, while Charlie Jones was restricted to special teams. Missing the latter's speed when other players were hobbled hurt the offense.
Despite the massive outbursts in recent weeks, rookie running back Chase Brown only got 11 snaps. That's inexcusable, barring injury or massive concerns about pass protection, given the speed he presents.
Same story on defense, where first-rounder Myles Murphy only got 16 snaps despite it seeming like Sam Hubbard was limited by injury and Trey Hendrickson logged 72 percent. While we're at it, Joseph Ossai played just five snaps.
Bottom line: The Bengals drafted talent and didn't use it. It feels like the staff got stuck wanting to run a limited playbook for injured stars instead of relying on the guys they drafted and keep the attack fully open and it cost them. The team should be open to massively playing these players during the Week 18 game against the Browns that doesn't matter.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2024, 03:34 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Having Sample out there 72% of the time feels a bit like playing 10-on-11 or at least 10.5-on-11.

It's not 2019 anymore: the guy has more than proven his worth.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Iosivas 20 snaps and Brown only 11 is just crazy. Especially Brown! It's clear Mixon just isn't the answer going forward as the main starter. Spell back, 3rd down ? maybe ?

And if they can't keep Tee yoshi needs the reps as well.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2024, 10:06 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: It's not 2019 anymore: the guy has more than proven his worth.

Drew Sample is still closer to a 40% snap count kinda guy because he would be directly tied to the percentage of 12 personnel formations.

The Chase Brown stuff is interesting. I thought the Vikings game was the best RB snap split of the year with Brown getting reps early and Mixon closing out the game. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2024, 03:02 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Using a day 2 pick on a guy that barely plays. Fun times.

I suspect he’s not the same since his injury last year and high ankle sprain early this year.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2024, 03:34 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Having Sample out there 72% of the time feels a bit like playing 10-on-11 or at least 10.5-on-11.

Don’t do this….

Best pass blocking TE in the league got him those snaps
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2024, 02:58 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Ossai has become an afterthought.  5 snaps?  

I mean, who's he going to steal snaps from? It's obvious at this point they like Murphy better. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2024, 11:20 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I suspect he’s not the same since his injury last year and high ankle sprain early this year.

Not the same guy? I mean he's never been a consistently good player. It's unfortunate but at this point he is what he is. They wouldn't have draft Murphy as a first round pick if they truly believed in Ossai. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
It's hard to figure out what we have in (or what happened to) Ossai when he is only getting 5 snaps.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2024, 11:20 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I suspect he’s not the same since his injury last year and high ankle sprain early this year.

I suspect he’s just not that good.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2024, 11:50 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Not the same guy? I mean he's never been a consistently good player. It's unfortunate but at this point he is what he is. They wouldn't have draft Murphy as a first round pick if they truly believed in Ossai. 

Absolutely
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2024, 10:27 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Iosivas 20 snaps and Brown only 11 is just crazy. Especially Brown! It's clear Mixon just isn't the answer going forward as the main starter. Spell back, 3rd down ? maybe ?

And if they can't keep Tee yoshi needs the reps as well.

Last week was a big game so I did not expect Brown out there over 30% of the time since he has not been that effective between tackles and 3rd down protection still a bit of a risk but i would have thought he be in the 20 to 25% range. This week im sure we will see more of him
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2024, 12:10 PM)jj22 Wrote: It's hard to figure out what we have in (or what happened to) Ossai when he is only getting 5 snaps.

The difference is we are spectators , we are not in the know on and off the field as coaches are....plus Murphy has played better as season went on so less snaps for Ossai
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2024, 11:50 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Not the same guy? I mean he's never been a consistently good player. It's unfortunate but at this point he is what he is. They wouldn't have draft Murphy as a first round pick if they truly believed in Ossai. 
I think they still draft Murphy regardless. He was the best available on their board I would imagine, with the additional thought of "one can never have too many pass rushers".
Reply/Quote