Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Interesting observation by Chad Johnson

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-19-2023, 04:45 PM)pally Wrote:

I agree and was actually thinking it looked like he was gliding before I even read Chad's comment.

Kid has some sick abilities.

I love that he's making Chad take notice because Chase is going to do more than Chad ever did here!
Reply/Quote
I remember Burrow saying coaches were asking him during OTA's Chase's rookie year if he was really running with effort. He told them don't worry about it he is good.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
His deceptive speed is one of the reasons he is hard to defend against

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-19-2023, 05:24 PM)jj22 Wrote: I remember Burrow saying coaches were asking him during OTA's Chase's rookie year if he was really running with effort. He told them don't worry about it he is good.

I remember that too 
Reply/Quote
The best do what they do and make it look effortless. Yes, Ja'Marr Chase is very special. Smooth.
Reply/Quote
He's Jerry Rice
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
It’s how he beat like 7 guys on that one TD against KC.

Reply/Quote
(05-19-2023, 06:45 PM)J24 Wrote: He's Jerry Rice

Hilarious Great joke!  Most everyone who watched football when Jerry played, knew that he ran a famously slow 4.71 40 in his combine in 1985.  Jerry did have a knack of taking short passes, slipping a tackle, and then building up speed.  His top speed may have been much better than that 4.71 would indicate, but his play speed certainly appeared to make people believe that he was fast.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Yeah he's got wheels, but it looked like he jumped the gun....Lol
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2023, 07:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hilarious Great joke!  Most everyone who watched football when Jerry played, knew that he ran a famously slow 4.71 40 in his combine in 1985.  Jerry did have a knack of taking short passes, slipping a tackle, and then building up speed.  His top speed may have been much better than that 4.71 would indicate, but his play speed certainly appeared to make people believe that he was fast.

Rice was quite a bit faster than his 40 time will tell you, I agree. You can use Google Earth, frame counting on YouTube, and a little math to figure out how fast someone is running. I found a video of Jerry catching a short pass and taking it all the way. On that TD, he was running roughly 18 MPH. Comparing that to Chiefs long TD against the Chiefs, he was running roughly 19 MPH. 

I would guess Rice was closer to a 4.5/4.44 kind of guy and just ran poorly there. 
Reply/Quote
Yeah, I always think of that Chiefs TD where he is just faster than everyone else on the field. Need him to cut his drop rate the last two years at least in half, though.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Bengals have another guy that is very fast but is looks so effortless. JaunDrago Turner. 

Here is his 40 yard dash if you haven't seen it. 

I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(05-19-2023, 07:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s how he beat like 7 guys on that one TD against KC.

Looked like he was loafing the whole time too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
The Atlanta TD this year as well (second one). It looks like he out for a gentle stroll...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Back when I was about 17 I knew a guy who asked if I wanted to race for a buck.. I thought I was pretty fast so I thought I had that buck to the good.  He upped the stakes and said he'd run backwards for $5. Never got so smoked in my life. He was running backwards, jogging and laughing the whole way like I was standing still..pretty much like a pool shark..
That dude was unbelievably fast, but never looked like he was even trying .He never ran track, didn't play sports, but super deceptive speed. 
That was Job Corps in Derby Montana in the mountains. One night some joker in our dorm put a garden snake under his pillow. By the time we heard the scream and made it to the window he was already across the compound, across the road and river and half way up the mountain. LOL As a result we all spent the rest of the month stuck in the dorm because nobody was about to snitch on the perpetrator.. 
That's the guy I thought of the first time I saw Chase run away from the defense..looked like he was just jogging and laughing at them..  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-20-2023, 10:11 AM)grampahol Wrote: Back when I was about 17 I knew a guy who asked if I wanted to race for a buck.. I thought I was pretty fast so I thought I had that buck to the good.  He upped the stakes and said he'd run backwards for $5. Never got so smoked in my life. He was running backwards, jogging and laughing the whole way like I was standing still..pretty much like a pool shark..
That dude was unbelievably fast, but never looked like he was even trying .He never ran track, didn't play sports, but super deceptive speed. 
That was Job Corps in Derby Montana in the mountains. One night some joker in our dorm put a garden snake under his pillow. By the time we heard the scream and made it to the window he was already across the compound, across the road and river and half way up the mountain. LOL As a result we all spent the rest of the month stuck in the dorm because nobody was about to snitch on the perpetrator.. 
That's the guy I thought of the first time I saw Chase run away from the defense..looked like he was just jogging and laughing at them..  

A guy I played softball with several years ago had that deceptive speed. He was fairly tall, 6'2" probably. Really long legs, he had a sort of wonky running gait. Long strider.  You'd watch him running for fly ball or around bases and you'd think Man I can smoke him. He was quite a bit younger than me. But I got out there with him in outfield one day and said let's race to the fence. He beat me so bad he sat down and started lunch, lol. It looked like he wasn't even trying, very deceptive.

Chase has that deceptive speed. Effortless it seems. I believe we aren't even close to his ceiling yet.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2023, 10:11 AM)grampahol Wrote: Back when I was about 17 I knew a guy who asked if I wanted to race for a buck.. I thought I was pretty fast so I thought I had that buck to the good.  He upped the stakes and said he'd run backwards for $5. Never got so smoked in my life. He was running backwards, jogging and laughing the whole way like I was standing still..pretty much like a pool shark..

I think you may have just been a lot slower than you think  Wink
Reply/Quote
I've noticed that in games. He hardly looks like he's running and pulls away.
Reply/Quote
When you core and leg muscles are that strong PLUS you are extremely flexible you glide, you don’t run.

I also feel like Jamarr is a balanced runner too. Like if you bumped him in the side while he runs you wouldn’t even throw him off his balance because he’s so built. If he ever gets into Davante Adams, Cooper Kupp territory with running routes he’ll be the GOAT WR
-Housh
Reply/Quote