Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting statement by Darrin Simmons
I think we as observers have seen the results of this growth

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 02:44 PM)pally Wrote: I think we as observers have seen the results of this growth

That's a nice quote since it reflects the veteran coach respects Zac. In Zac's presser, he also praised Simmons when asked about Callahan and Lou getting head coaching interviews. Zac said Simmons should also be getting consideration. It seems mutual respect exists between the two.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I hope Simmons never becomes a HC anywhere except Cincinnati.. if here..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 03:51 PM)grampahol Wrote: I hope Simmons never becomes a HC anywhere except Cincinnati.. if here..

After Green Bay's special teams meltdown on Saturday, following a season filled with ST's debacles, I could see the Packers come calling on Simmons.  Maybe not as HC, but they might throw huge money toward him to be their ST's coordinatior.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I am trying to read behind the lines in Darrin's quote. What does he mean by "whole team"?
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 05:00 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I am trying to read behind the lines in Darrin's quote.  What does he mean by "whole team"?

I'll offer speculation that Zac, as the offensive play caller, invested all his coaching energy on managing the offense. Now, he's perhaps more comfortable leading and managing aspects of the defense and special teams unit.

or

Zac now talks to everyone instead of just the offensive players.

Hell if I know, I wonder if there were any follow-up questions or more to the Simmons quote?
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 05:07 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'll offer speculation that Zac, as the offensive play caller, invested all his coaching energy on managing the offense. Now, he's perhaps more comfortable leading and managing aspects of the defense and special teams unit.

or

Zac now talks to everyone instead of just the offensive players.

Hell if I know, I wonder if there were any follow-up questions or more to the Simmons quote?

This was actually in an article a few weeks ago on the Bengals home page....I think after the KC game. Your first paragraph is spot on. That was the context of the conversation. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote