Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting takes on Bengals-Steelers rivalry
I haven't noticed this on here yet. Players coaches and analysts chime in about the rivalry and the buildup of animosity that has occurred over the years(The Antonio Brown quote should certainly bring some fire a venom in here). I enjoyed the read, I hope you will as well.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17549148/how-bengals-steelers-rivalry-created-such-animosity

Reply/Quote
Lol 'upper-body hit'.

The **** out of here with that bullshit ESPN.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
I swear I've been seeing no less than three articles a day coming out about this game. Amazing that this isn't in primetime.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2016, 01:28 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: I haven't noticed this on here yet. Players coaches and analysts chime in about the rivalry and the buildup of animosity that has occurred over the years(The Antonio Brown quote should certainly bring some fire a venom in here). I enjoyed the read, I hope you will as well.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17549148/how-bengals-steelers-rivalry-created-such-animosity

Can this even be called a rivalry? When your head coach has 8 wins and 20 losses? That's not a rivalry. That's domination on an embarrassing level.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2016, 02:27 PM)Antares Wrote: Can this even be called a rivalry? When your head coach has 8 wins and 20 losses? That's not a rivalry. That's domination on an embarrassing level.

Pretending to be a bengals fan in jungle noise is cute. Unoriginal, but cute.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2016, 01:28 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: I haven't noticed this on here yet. Players coaches and analysts chime in about the rivalry and the buildup of animosity that has occurred over the years(The Antonio Brown quote should certainly bring some fire a venom in here). I enjoyed the read, I hope you will as well.

Definately gets you pumped up. Man, i liked a lot of the Bengal quotes, especially Crocker's and Lapham's.

Some of those Steeler quotes would have to pump up the team if they needed it. I just doubt they need it.

We have enough to think about to start taking over this thing. We are the better team i truly believe, it is just a
matter of time and i think it starts this Sunday. Ben and that Offense have more troubles with our Defense than
about anyone lately. The Steelers Secondary has its questions.

Give Dalton time on Offense, take away the run on Defense and get Ben into 3rd and longs.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2016, 02:37 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Pretending to be a bengals fan in jungle noise is cute. Unoriginal, but cute.

It is cute. Even the Steeler players speak of it as a rivalry.

Tell them it is not a rivalry come Sunday.
Reply/Quote
I think the lack of D-line success + the revenge factor = Ben on the ground a LOT on Sunday...

I predict 6 sacks ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2016, 03:52 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I think the lack of D-line success + the revenge factor = Ben on the ground a LOT on Sunday...

Throw in Ben missing the next couple of weeks due to a concussion!
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2016, 03:52 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I think the lack of D-line success + the revenge factor = Ben on the ground a LOT on Sunday...

(09-15-2016, 04:56 PM)jonesy84 Wrote: Throw in Ben missing the next couple of weeks due to a concussion!

Can't wait for Sunday! Cool
Reply/Quote
Always thought it would be flexed to primetime... Prob. Dont want the entire nation to see nfl get emberassed if it gets out of control again
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2016, 02:37 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Pretending to be a bengals fan in jungle noise is cute. Unoriginal, but cute.

He's not wrong.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2016, 08:29 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: He's not wrong.

About the numbers? Sure. But make no mistake, anyone that says this isn't a rivalry that supplies some extra juice compared to most other games is naive, you included.

Reply/Quote
How is it even a question? Ofc Bengals/Steelers is a huge rivalry. Mike & Mike were just talking about it this morning. They were comparing it to the other major sport's biggest rivalries, and how it stacks up.

Is it Ohio State/Michigan? Or Yankees/Red Sox? I'd say not yet. It's the best in the NFL atm though, imo.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2016, 12:19 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How is it even a question? Ofc Bengals/Steelers is a huge rivalry. Mike & Mike were just talking about it this morning. They were comparing it to the other major sport's biggest rivalries, and how it stacks up.

Is it Ohio State/Michigan? Or Yankees/Red Sox? I'd say not yet. It's the best in the NFL atm though, imo.

Yes, and it's not even close. Anyone that says otherwise is foolish.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2016, 03:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It is cute. Even the Steeler players speak of it as a rivalry.

Tell them it is not a rivalry come Sunday.

Call it what you want, but the last 5 years the intensity level and hard hitting has been like a Super Bowl final.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2016, 12:19 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How is it even a question? Ofc Bengals/Steelers is a huge rivalry. Mike & Mike were just talking about it this morning. They were comparing it to the other major sport's biggest rivalries, and how it stacks up.

(09-16-2016, 12:48 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Yes, and it's not even close. Anyone that says otherwise is foolish.

(09-16-2016, 12:52 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Call it what you want, but the last 5 years the intensity level and hard hitting has been like a Super Bowl final.

Rock On
Reply/Quote
For those saying it's not a rivalry, they have a point. 

You can say it's very contentious, but by the numbers, it's not really a rivalry yet. There needs to be some (more) wins with bigger stakes, or at least more of a 50/50 split for it to be a "rivalry". 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I think Gay (the last quote) had the most accurate quote of everyone. This rivalry means so much more to fans than players. Now maybe after the last game it means a lot more but for the majority of players, once they leave the Bengals or Steelers they couldn't care less about the game. If a fan leaves Cinci or Pitt, they still care greatly about the game. I think in most cases, the fans blow the rivalry into something much more then it is for the actual players, at least on a professional level.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2016, 02:27 PM)Antares Wrote: Can this even be called a rivalry? When your head coach has 8 wins and 20 losses? That's not a rivalry. That's domination on an embarrassing level.

When he first got here the bengals were bad....  whats are record vs the steelers during daltons time. (I know his first 2 years I think it was 0-4 but its been much better sense.)

Hard to beat a dirty team sometimes especially when it always seems the refs are in the pocket.

Think of how many missed calls just from the last meeting. of top of my head
J hills fumble that wasn't really a fumble.
Dirty hit on Benard that wasn't called... 
Bryants TD that wasn't even a catch.

And the list goes on....
Reply/Quote