Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interior D-Line Options
I'm not as familiar with our depth chart as many on here so hoping someone can help me understand who we have left as options on the interior D-Line? Need to be strong, especially this week.

Sounds like BJ Hill, Shelvin and possibly Toupou (sp.) although he is dinged. I think I read somewhere where ZT ruled out Mike Daniels already (maybe on the official Bengal site), and of course Ogunjobi out for the year.

I suppose Hubbard could be moved inside but that weakens another area.

Would love to hear everyone's thoughts and if I'm missing someone, other than a pickup elsewhere.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We'll roll mostly with Reader and Hill, spotted by Topou if available, Shelvin, and if needed Sample and Hubbard
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 12:09 PM)Sled21 Wrote: We'll roll mostly with Reader and Hill, spotted by Topou if available, Shelvin, and if needed Sample and Hubbard

I think we need to bring in another big body....and someone suggested Hubbard but hes too small to man DT duty all day.
Interesting suggestion from a another post was Jurrel Casey ? Is he good to play? He used play for Titans and would have some  motivation too. 
Reply/Quote
There's been talk about signing Shaq whatshisface..NY dumped him recently.. 
Maybe he'll have "whatshisface" on the back of his jersey too! LOL
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
It's already Tuesday and we play Saturday. Not sure that is enough time to get a guy a physical, sign him, etc.
Reply/Quote
A lot hinges on Hendrickson as you can slide Sample and Hubbard over in rotation at 3T and roster an extra DE. The issue is if Hendrickson is out then we can't do that really. I think they will bring in a 3T and we will roll Reader, Shelvin, Topou at NT and Hill and new guy as 3T. The Titans are going to run a lot so we will need to rotate bodies in.
Reply/Quote
Cam Sample can play inside too. If they are going to get someone from the outside then today is the day it has to happen.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 12:17 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It's already Tuesday and we play Saturday. Not sure that is enough time to get a guy a physical, sign him, etc.

Yea there is, you can sign someone on Friday (Thursday on short week) and get them in. The question is if they know the plays, which means you are probably looking for someone who has some sort of tie back to Us/Lou. The one good thing is with 3T you can give them a small package of plays and rotate them out when we aren't in those.
Reply/Quote
If they sign anyone, I expect it to be Xavier Williams. He still has an old uniform around here somewhere.
Reply/Quote
Reader and Hill will start Tupou will be the 3rd DT to rotate in if he can go. Feel like they have no choice to active Shevlin he's all we got left and we need 4 DT's incase of an injury. Sample and Hubbard can rotate inside on passing downs. If Hendricks and Tupou both cant go were in big trouble for DE and DT depth.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 12:22 PM)Sled21 Wrote: If they sign anyone, I expect it to be Xavier Williams. He still has an old uniform around here somewhere.

This is actually who I expect them to sign, I couldn't find him on a roster anywhere so it's possible. Potentially someone from camp too I guess.
Reply/Quote
Would be great to have Tupou and Hendrickson back. I think that will be the deciding factor on bringing someone in from outside the organization.

If both are good to go I think we roll with what we have. Hill and Sample can provide an interior rush. Reader Tupou and Shelvin can clog the middle. Wyatt and Khalid can provide the DE breathers.

If Hendrickson is out it’s just bad all around. If Tupou is out we need more meat to defend against queen Henry
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 12:14 PM)grampahol Wrote: There's been talk about signing Shaq whatshisface..NY dumped him recently.. 
Maybe he'll have "whatshisface" on the back of his jersey too! LOL

Lawson.  Wasn't he the one who made the INT for the Jets' against us? I read somewhere the Bills were maybe gonna sign him about a week ago. Guess it didn't happen.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 12:08 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: I'm not as familiar with our depth chart as many on here so hoping someone can help me understand who we have left as options on the interior D-Line?  Need to be strong, especially this week.

Sounds like BJ Hill, Shelvin and possibly Toupou (sp.) although he is dinged.  I think I read somewhere where ZT ruled out Mike Daniels already (maybe on the official Bengal site), and of course Ogunjobi out for the year.

I suppose Hubbard could be moved inside but that weakens another area.

Would love to hear everyone's thoughts and if I'm missing someone, other than a pickup elsewhere.

Sample can (or should) swing inside on passing downs with Hubbard and Hendrickson outside (or Kareem if Hendrickson out).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Whathisname it turned out to be instead of whatsisface.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote