Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interior D Line
Great grinder type of win yesterday...
but one thing that keeps being noticable is our interior D Line not generating any pressure unlike weeks past?
Larry O, BJ Hill, Topou have been MIA last 3 games. Need these guys to get back to early season form if we stand a chance VS KC, LAC, Cleve etc.
Reply/Quote
Here we go AGAIN after the Bengals shut down an opponents rushing attack. This is why I hated having Geno Atkins as the Bengals DT. People think that this is a standard to have a pass rushing DT. It's a rarity but I'm guessing you didn't notice how much he sucked against the run?

And almost every sack by the DTs early on were coverage sacks. I don't recall many plays where the DTs blew past their blocker and got a sack.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 12:21 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Great grinder type of win yesterday...
but one thing that keeps being noticable is our interior D Line not generating any pressure unlike weeks past?
Larry O, BJ Hill, Topou have been MIA last 3 games. Need these guys to get back to early season form if we stand a chance VS KC, LAC, Cleve etc.

Please no more
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 12:54 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Here we go AGAIN after the Bengals shut down an opponents rushing attack. This is why I hated having Geno Atkins as the Bengals DT. People think that this is a standard to have a pass rushing DT. It's a rarity but I'm guessing you didn't notice how much he sucked against the run?

And almost every sack by the DTs early on were coverage sacks. I don't recall many plays where the DTs blew past their blocker and got a sack.

Had to listen to this same complaint every game with Peko too it seemed.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Reader almost got him 1 yesterday....
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 12:54 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote:  It's a rarity but I'm guessing you didn't notice how much he sucked against the run?

Geno did not suck against the run.
Reply/Quote
Would be nice to have more players other than Hendrickson and Hubbard get sacks in today’s nfl offenses though.

It’s really tough for interior lineman to get consistent pressure outside stunts and weaker lines and terrific coverage.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 12:54 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Here we go AGAIN after the Bengals shut down an opponents rushing attack. This is why I hated having Geno Atkins as the Bengals DT. People think that this is a standard to have a pass rushing DT. It's a rarity but I'm guessing you didn't notice how much he sucked against the run?

Agree with most things said, but I definitely did not hate having Geno. Except when playing Denver on the road. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

How did Geno suck against the Run?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote