Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russian military buildup in Kaliningrad
I saw this, and found it a bit unnerving.  As everyone around here clearly knows, I'm not exactly a Political Strategist, but I find this a bit alarming.  Particularly when you take account what the Russians have done recently in the Ukraine.  Looks to me like the Russians could be posturing for some serious aggression.

http://www.rferl.mobi/a/27079655.html
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(06-20-2015, 06:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I saw this, and found it a bit unnerving.  As everyone around here clearly knows, I'm not exactly a Political Strategist, but I find this a bit alarming.  Particularly when you take account what the Russians have done recently in the Ukraine.  Looks to me like the Russians could be posturing for some serious aggression.

http://www.rferl.mobi/a/27079655.html

If you think Russia poses ANY kind off threat to us, you can stop worrying. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(06-20-2015, 06:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If you think Russia poses ANY kind off threat to us, you can stop worrying. 

While I fully trust that the United States has vastly superior equipment and technology to the Russians, what I do fear is our current leadership's commitment to using that force.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
The russians aren't going to threaten us. But why they are doing is getting a coalition together with China and skme european nations to basically remove all sanctions and anything bad for the russian economy.

Putin has positioned himself as the defender of christians in the Middle East.

These are the issues at hand with russia. 2017 elections in Europe will start to tell a lot about where things go.

Greece is already leaning on russia.
(06-20-2015, 06:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If you think Russia poses ANY kind off threat to us, you can stop worrying. 

(06-20-2015, 06:29 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The russians aren't going to threaten us.   But why they are doing is getting a coalition together with China and skme european nations to basically remove all sanctions and anything bad for the russian economy.  

Putin has positioned himself as the defender of christians in the Middle East.  

These are the issues at hand with russia.   2017 elections in Europe will start to tell a lot about where things go.  

Greece is already leaning on russia.

Thanks guys, I feel much more at ease. 

I guess now it's back to the ramblings of the Social Justice Warriors... Shocked

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(06-20-2015, 06:55 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Thanks guys, I feel much more at ease. 

I guess now it's back to the ramblings of the Social Justice Warriors... Shocked

It will hurt out economy and trade if anything. Plus will potentially put parts of Europe with them.
(06-20-2015, 07:04 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It will hurt out economy and trade if anything.  Plus will potentially put parts of Europe with them.

Well, there is this to go along with the story of the Russian military buildup.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/investing/11686199/Its-time-to-hold-physical-cash-says-one-of-Britains-most-senior-fund-managers.html

Seems as if Spreadbury is in full panic mode over something..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(06-20-2015, 06:29 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Greece is already leaning on russia.

Greece is desperate as hell.  Bad example.

Russia is desperate to appear relevant.  Obama is content to let them appear that way.  I realized a while ago that foreign policy is rarely dictated by the POTUS, but rather career staffers.

You can't really criticize Obama for what he's done - he doesn't do anything.
(06-21-2015, 08:35 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Greece is desperate as hell.  Bad example.

Russia is desperate to appear relevant.  Obama is content to let them appear that way.  I realized a while ago that foreign policy is rarely dictated by the POTUS, but rather career staffers.

You can't really criticize Obama for what he's done - he doesn't do anything.

Italy and Spain as well. Plus Russia backs several political parties poised to win control in 2017 elections. Marine Le Pen and FN keep rising in polls.