Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeb Bush Wants to govern like LBJ
(06-18-2015, 07:41 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Honestly, I don't. I'm trying to figure out where you draw the line from "good" progressivism to "bad".

For Stlucie, there is no such thing as a "good" progressive.  In fact until I encountered stlucie, I had never heard anyone use the term progressive in such a negative way as much as he does.  And if you haven't figured it out yet, being progressive is worse than being liberal Shocked
(06-18-2015, 09:44 AM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: For Stlucie, there is no such thing as a "good" progressive.  In fact until I encountered stlucie, I had never heard anyone use the term progressive in such a negative way as much as he does.  And if you haven't figured it out yet, being progressive is worse than being liberal Shocked

He said that not all progressive policies are bad, so I'm just trying to figure out his slant.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-18-2015, 09:59 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: He said that not all progressive policies are bad, so I'm just trying to figure out his slant.

He also said that not all progressives are liberal.  And The last president to truly represent his ideals was Coolidge...lol.
(06-18-2015, 07:41 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Honestly, I don't. I'm trying to figure out where you draw the line from "good" progressivism to "bad".

Mostly bad but that's subjective to the person. I imagine I am more pro individual rights and smaller gov than you. But i draw the line when it starts infringing on individual rights .... Especially when it's infringing on people's rights.... Even In the name of helping another group. I realize it's done with the best intentions. But I don't think we need it and longer.
(06-18-2015, 11:36 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Mostly bad but that's subjective to the person.   I imagine I am more pro individual rights and smaller gov than you.   But i draw the line when it starts infringing on individual rights .... Especially when it's infringing on people's rights.... Even In the name of helping another group.    I realize it's done with the best intentions.   But I don't think we need it and longer.

Nothing you say makes any sense.

Do you oppose laws that infringe on an individual's right to poison the environment?

Your statements have no basis in reality.  Basically you just say "I want the things I want and everything else is wrong."  And when you say that we have no idea what you mean.
(06-17-2015, 10:34 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: No we don't ....  Back then we had whites trying to keep blacks in a seperate world.   Now we have whites "identifying" as black.     There is no need to oppress business owners anymore.

If we repealed the law then people would go right back to the old way of doing things.

We don't have child labor now because we have laws against child labor.  It has nothing to do with businesses becoming more kind and gentle.

Here where I live if we allowed discrimination then minorities would suffer.
(06-18-2015, 12:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Nothing you say makes any sense.

Do you oppose laws that infringe on an individual's right to poison the environment?

Your statements have no basis in reality.  Basically you just say "I want the things I want and everything else is wrong."  And when you say that we have no idea what you mean.

Poison the enviornment? You make no sense. Not do you give any credit to society.... This isn't the 60's
(06-18-2015, 12:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If we repealed the law then people would go right back to the old way of doing things.

We don't have child labor now because we have laws against child labor.  It has nothing to do with businesses becoming more kind and gentle.

Here where I live if we allowed discrimination then minorities would suffer.

No way it would return.  Totally different generation.  Heck now white people are trying to say their black.    You make zero sense.

As far as where you live.... I am sure enough businesses would meet the needs of all people. If not Lemme know and I will open one for your blacks.
(06-18-2015, 08:49 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: As far as where you live....  I am sure enough businesses would meet the needs of all people.   If not Lemme know and I will open one for your blacks.

There are not enough minorities where I live to make it profitable to open a business just for them.

You fail at business knowledge.
(06-18-2015, 08:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: There are not enough minorities where I live to make it profitable to open a business just for them.

You fail at business knowledge.

You don't need a minority only business lol.

And glad your living in a diverse community lol.
(06-17-2015, 02:33 PM)ITfredtoast Wrote: What was the bad part?

The title. It's human Rights. Calling them 'Civil' implies something that's given opposed to inherent. I'm a stickler for the proper use of terms and meanings or more importantly their implications. 
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-